Chris Johnson!!!

Tom Kessenich

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 am

Johnson has been a Top 10 RB in the NFFC every year of his career. His worst finish came in his rookie season when he was RB10. And that was because he was sharing time with LenDale White. He's been RB1 and RB6 since getting the job to himself. He's put up those numbers while never once having a QB that anyone would consider above average.

In fact, the Titans have ranked 25th, 23rd and 27th in passing in Johnson's three seasons. At no time in that span has he ever had the benefit of even a remotely decent passing attack to take pressure off him. Despite all that, he's been RB10 or better every season of his career.

Yeah, he's a superlative talent. Actually, I'm probably not praising him enough when you consider what he's done despite the Titans' offensive limitations around him. I can't imagine anyone would dispute his level of talent. The concern is all about the holdout and potential threat of injury. That's the question involving Chris Johnson in my opinion, not his extreme level of talent and his fantasy potential. Both have been proven without question.

[ August 31, 2011, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:17 am

Good one Riff - and add to that the fact that players who report late have an increased risk of injury.

In a recent draft I passed on him at #8 - not sure if I have would have taken him at 2.05 - if there is a clear pick you likemore you might pass - fortunately someone took him before I got to see whether my right brain would have agreed with my left brain

Tom Kessenich

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 am

Hasselbeck is on the downside of his career but I'd view him as an upgrade over Collins/Young and arguably a rather huge upgrade. With Britt and Cook, the Titans may actually have a decent passing game for the first time in Johnson's career. If he can stay healthy, it might be scary to think what Johnson can do with defenses actually having to respect the pass against Tennessee for a change.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

My main league draft is Monday night and I have the 7th pick. If Johnson has signed by then and he falls past six, I can say with near 100% certainty he won't make it to 8.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Let's see; Tennessee has a new HC, who fired the old OC and hired C Palmer who is installing a new offensive scheme and terminology; Hasselbeck is the new QB and they have a rookie backup; CJ2K has had almost 800 touches over the last 2 years (768); CJ2K hasn't participated in any OTA'S, minicamps or TC to learn the new offensive system and work with the new QB's; CJ2K and Tennessee still haven't agreed to a new contract; CJ2K is a "superlative talent" . Yep.....sounds like a top 4 or 5 pick to me. :rolleyes: Nobody else can word things quite like you can, RiFF.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

RiFF

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by RiFF » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 pm

In addition to wanting to be their $12-13 Million per year RB, Mr Diplomacy is trying to show Tennessee ownership and management that he can also help out the PR department: . Johnson tweeted Wednesday to "fake Titan fans" to STFU. Fans are calling him greedy and saying his demands are too high. Johnson went on to write, "I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy." Nice.... :eek:

rkulaski

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by rkulaski » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
Let's see; Tennessee has a new HC, who fired the old OC and hired C Palmer who is installing a new offensive scheme and terminology; Hasselbeck is the new QB and they have a rookie backup; CJ2K has had almost 800 touches over the last 2 years (768); CJ2K hasn't participated in any OTA'S, minicamps or TC to learn the new offensive system and work with the new QB's; CJ2K and Tennessee still haven't agreed to a new contract; CJ2K is a "superlative talent" . Yep.....sounds like a top 4 or 5 pick to me. :rolleyes: OTAs and mini camps are so important :rolleyes: The terminology is much more an issue for hasselbeck, not CJ. He's going to get signed even though he's been a royal pain in the you know what about all of this.
Now even though I'm from Tennessee, I'm not a Titans fan and I'm definitely not a CJ fan, so no bias opinion here. I'm just arguing he drops down the draftboard because you're scared of the holdout and missing week 1 and maybe more. Not because he missed OTAs, mincamps ,and because the terminology is changing. Now the 800 touches and his size is a different story and cause for concern. Missing all of training camp- definitely can see dropping him slightly down the board for that.

[ August 31, 2011, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: rkulaski ]

particra

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by particra » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 am

Negotiations between the Titans and Chris Johnson "intensified" Wednesday and will continue Thursday, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Moving up the draft board. Who goes earlier? Foster or CJ?

Glenneration X

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Negotiations between the Titans and Chris Johnson "intensified" Wednesday and will continue Thursday, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Moving up the draft board. Who goes earlier? Foster or CJ? 3 other backs and a handful of receivers.

mattjb

Chris Johnson!!!

Post by mattjb » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:29 am

Done Deal!

CJ just became the steal of a lot of drafts.

4 year deal, $53m, $30m guaranteed.