Article Regarding Fanball

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Originally posted by Mr. Quitsch:
Greg and Tom...I wasn't happy with how I felt you both felt about my valid opinions this year. I also felt that some people have pulled back on me as if I said "no" to the Godfather, and I was going to be "whacked". But how I feel personally doesn't take away from the fact that you guys have run the best contest around for along time, and I know that the only way that you guys will not do this again next year is if you guys just don't have the energy or passion in you anymore to find another company to back you.

Anyone that knows the NFFC knows that you're going to get paid if you played this past season and won money. It is apparent that things will change again in 2011. But I know one thing for sure. If Greg and Tom want this contest to continue, it WILL continue. Their reputation preceeds them and their customers will follow. Marc, your opinions and suggestions and thoughts have always been appreciated by me and Tom. You are an NFFC Charter Member and one of the first people who ever entered this contest. You are a good, good friend of ours. Don't ever feel that your honest heart-felt opinions before this season were ever construed as negative by Tom or me. Your points were valid about what you thought the product would be and what you perceived might happen in 2010 and that was fine. I also know you had enough to handle this football season outside of football, so hopefully all is well now and you and your family are doing well.

The past is the past. Nobody knows what the NFL is going to do this off-season and some things are unresolved here. But no matter what happens, you know you're a friend of ours and always welcome to kick a** in any contest we're involved in. Let's hope we get to hook up again.

You're a Charter Member. You have the 5-year hat, man!! ;) Win this post-season contest and then let's hook up again in Manhattan for beers. Trust me, the future is still as bright as ever for this industry and things always find a way to work out. Stay in touch and thanks for everything.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:13 am

Greg,

I know you probably can't commemt to letting us know when our winnings from this year will be available/paid, but can you comment on "Fanball Fanbucks"?

Got a call from a fellow NFFC'er and he wanted to know if Fanball would honor those?

Any information about those, and of course our winnings from this past season would be appreciated.....thanks!

Best of luck to you and Tom! The two of you definitely deserved a better fate than this. :(

[ January 09, 2011, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:12 am

Billy, I do not know anything about Fanbucks, sorry. I honestly don't. You can call customer service tomorrow to find out. Ask for Mary.

Again, no final decisions from top management have been announced to any of the employees or publicly, but hopefully we'll all know something soon. Trust me, the anticipation and unknown is no fun for anyone, especially those of us with families to support. When I know something you'll all know something.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Erok

Post by Erok » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Greg or Tom-- Sorry to read all of this.

Can you guarantee that all prize winnings from the NFFC regular season & playoffs will be paid out in a timely manner?

Thanks -Erik

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 am

Liberty Media Interactive will post an official announcement in the next hour or so and I will post that statement on our NFBC and NFFC boards. I believe I'll even be able to state a few facts about what I know going forward and how it pertains to you folks. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience all. It's been a tough week of uncertainty for a lot of people, but things are at least a little clearer today.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:10 am

Just a heads up for those of you in our high-stakes basketball contest, all of the NFBBC leagues will be run to duration, so keep things going folks and good luck to the winners. All prizes will be paid as planned at the end of the NFBBC season and staffers will be on board for IT, customer service and accounting if you need help. I hope this helps.

Good luck all and thanks so much.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Goodness gracious! I have been very busy as of late. I come on the boards to see how things have shaken out in the contests to read about this.

First and foremost, Greg, you and Tom are why 90%+ of us are still here. I hope things work out for you guys as well as Geoff.

I honestly had no idea about this when I emailed you last week about prize payouts.

Second, I saw this coming a mile away! I hope it all works out, but I am in agreement with Mr. Quitsch.

My hope is that you and this event come out on the other side with sanity restored, no more talk of 10 cities, 20 cities, etc. Get back to your roots. If that happens, count me in. I;m not a charter member, but I have been a faithful supporter ever since I became aware you existed.

Good luck my distant friends!

I am sad this holiday evening thinking about one man having a dream and another man's dream possibly being bludgeoned.

All the best!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 am

Thanks Russ. Stay tuned because things have been progressing very well in a positive fashion over the last week. Liberty Media is doing everything it can to make this right for NFBC/NFFC customers and those of us involved as employees. Stay tuned and hopefully we'll be able to make this work for everyone.

renman

Post by renman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

Greg/Tom,

I am very late to this as well. I didn't have a great NFFC season and when the seasons went south I sort of checked out (and became a more involved husband again!). I am a charter member and have openly talked about how much the NFFC has changed my entire fall and winter during the NFL season.

I am encouraged to see the signs of optimism from Greg in the above post. I, like Russ, have been 100% committed to this event because of Greg and Tom. I hope to get some tangible news real soon. Not just because I am waiting on checks, but I really want to know what I am planning to do next year and I had seriously considered the NFBC this year.

I really hope the NFFC tradition can continue next year. Look forward to news.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:27 pm

James and everyone else considering the NFBC, it's time to sign up if you haven't already because we are good to go for 2011. We'll have more official news hopefully to announce very soon but the event will go on as scheduled. You can find out more and sign up today at nfbc.fanball.com.

So if you want to dive in now's the time. The water's great. Trust me.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich