Post by Getpaddled » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:50 am

#2 easy 4 me
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Coltsfan

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 am

I definitely have option 2 the best which I'm sure means that Tom went option 1..... :D

Wayne

wayne123

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by wayne123 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 pm

I've gotta go with option#2.

If I actually happen to pick these players I will let you know so that you can go with option#1.javascript:void(0)
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

King of Queens

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:51 pm

6 points per passing TD: Option 1
4 points per passing TD: Option 2

Sandman62

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 pm

I think maybe some folks just figure HOU will run the same amount as last year and more importantly throw the same mid-twenties TDs instead of closer to 30 like 2 years ago? But with Daniels back now and if Schaub stays healthy, I think the QB choice is a coin toss.

With the receivers, they all probably have about the same TD potential, but I'd expect Austin/Wayne to each catch at least 20 more balls than the other duo. I'd also expect them to be less of an injury risk.

[ August 09, 2011, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Tom Kessenich

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Just a reminder that it's not Austin and Wayne, it's Austin or Wayne as one option and Colston or D. Jackson as another option.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Originally posted by FalconsGuy:
What about this one, Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson? About the same. Neither might catch 80 balls but both have double-digit TD potential. Steelers schedule is nice due to beating up on CIN and my Browns 2 games each, plus the putrid NFC West this year. :D

[ August 09, 2011, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Tom Kessenich

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Originally posted by FalconsGuy:
What about this one, Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson? VJax for me. Love his potential playing a full season in a contract year with a stud QB.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Which Duo Do You Prefer?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I definitely have option 2 the best which I'm sure means that Tom went option 1..... :D

Wayne Nice but incorrect. Bet you're surprised, huh?

I have the 7th pick in my main league. It's a one-player keeper league and mine is Mike Williams. QBs fly off the board in this league and I'm determined to get a top one. Initially, my thought was to get a top WR in the second (I think Wayne could be there and Austin almost certainly will be) and then go with a top QB in the third like Schaub, who I expect to be there.

Then I started thinking that if Rivers or Peyton was there in the second that would be tough to pass up. The problem was finding a WR I liked in the third if I went that route. I expect Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace and Bowe to be kept so that left DeSean Jackson and Colston as the only two WRs I really liked in that spot. Colston missing several practices with his knee injury has me concerned about him which meant that if I went with Rivers in the second, I'd have to hope DeSean was there in the third, Otherwise I'd have to take a WR there I really didn't want to take (like Brandon Marshall) or take a top TE (like Gates or Finley if they were there) and then spend the rest of the draft chasing WRs.

Taking a stud TE in the third is an option. However, I can't behind because 1) I have a real aversion to taking TEs that early and 2) There's so much depth and talent at the position I don't want to spend an early pick on one when there are so many I like that I can get later. So going the TE route in the third isn't something I'm strongly considering.

Ultimately, I think there's a greater chance of getting a QB I like in the third than a WR I like in that round. That makes the idea of going with Austin or Wayne in the second and then grabbing Schaub in the third the more enticing option.

So that's been my thinking. I was curious to see if people here agreed with that approach or not. Looks like most of you do.

[ August 09, 2011, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich