Looking for Answers

Route Collectors

Looking for Answers

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:17 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE has been a solo owner in the NFFC for two years now...here are the results for his squad in The Main during that period (Satellites not included)...

2005 - 17th overall (top 5%)
2006 - 314th overall (bottom 5%)

here are the upcoming season's results to be...

2007 - 100K winner

...SNAKE I wasn't aware there were 2 big prizes this year. Hats off to Greg though....that's a helluva consolation prize. :D

WCutting

Looking for Answers

Post by WCutting » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:20 am

I like the thinking snake. Confidence is good. Can I inquire as to why the big swing in your performance? Top 5% is really good and bottom 5% is really bad. Did you luck into some great players that one year or did the ever-present injury bug strike last year?

sportsbettingman

Looking for Answers

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 am

I talked the family and friends that live close by (within 40 min) to play a free fantasy football league six years ago...we had 10 volunteers. My friend Bretts girlfriend selected Brett Favre as the number one overall pick "because he's cute". (she didn't miss the playoffs by much) I had to supply all the different magazines so they could have a cheatsheet that year.

Year two...I bumped it up to 12 teams at 50 bucks per team, and they were all hooked!

That laid the groundwork for what happens now...they are all fighting to come over each Sunday to watch their players in high def on the NFL Superfan package...wife included!!!

It's like a freaking party every Sunday...with 4 women in the league very competitive...running to the "office" to check out their players stats on the computer...amazing how addictive this great game is.

~Lance

[ June 20, 2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

RiFF

Looking for Answers

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:19 am

A simple solution Snake. Take some of your winnings from the previous year and purchase 16 prepaid credit cards for a few hundred dollars apiece. Every Sunday Football morning hand your wife one of the cards and tell her to have fun.
Oh wait, this requires winning. Nevermind Snake; carry on.