Post by RedRyder » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
ROFLMAO :D :D :D

Riverdog you have been oWneD! teehee...
@RedRyder

renman

local league quitters vs NFFC quitters

Post by renman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 am

I think the bigger picture is this issue is a real problem and it comes up every single year.

In my league (NY league 1) a team (Entourage) started Chris Perry (bye) Joey Galloway (bye) and Nick Folk (bye) and left Hines Ward and his 20 points on their bench. This team lost this week by less than a point. Now luckily the team they lost to isn't really in the mix to win H2H but this is a classic example of how league integrity can get hurt by someone who quits.

While I am not saying the NFFC should manage this team in terms of making moves, lineup decisions, free agent pick ups (this team has a couple players on the bench on IR). I am just saying when there is a viable player on the bench and a team has a player in the starting lineup on a bye or declared OUT maybe an automated failsafe could be set up to put in the highest averaging viable player.

Some seem to agree with this... others do not... Those who do not often dislike H2H due to the "luck" factor. I would think this issue would appeal to them in the same way based on the "luck" of catching a quitter team after they quit or not.

Worth talking about isn't it?

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:17 am

How about this current situation, names and league # are not listed to protect the guilty

Team A is in 12th place or so, with no shot. Has $999 free agent bucks left. I believe it is weeks 5,6,7 where he gives up and doesn't set his lineup and each week has bye players and takes zeros and goes 0-3.

Team A then logs in week 8, sets his lineup and starts a full roster. He wins. Now in weeks 9 and 10 he is back to taking zeroes...

The team he beat in week 8 is 7-2, tied for first with two other 7-2 teams (who got free victories).

Just the kind of of horseshit that ruins these leagues for some people. Potentially a playoff spot and $2500-$5000 could go in another direction because this moron sets his lineup 1 week out of 6.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:29 am

This isn't a non issue like some make it out to be.

At the very least I would suggest (and this should not be necessary with seriou fantasy players playing for these stakes) that at each league site, before the drafts kickoff... Some announcements should be made about the importance of all owners, regardless of their bad fortune, playing out the season for league integrity.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:45 am

Originally posted by Renman:

At the very least I would suggest (and this should not be necessary with seriou fantasy players playing for these stakes) that at each league site, before the drafts kickoff... Some announcements should be made about the importance of all owners, regardless of their bad fortune, playing out the season for league integrity. I actually like the idea of an announcement being made at each drafting league, about league integrity, overall prize for best league (I think that is done here) AND FAAB, I think some of the new people don't have a clue about FAAB and while some actually visit these boards and ask in a thread, I think the majority of folks do not even visit the boards and know there is a forum where they can ask questions.
@RedRyder

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:58 am

Originally posted by Renman:

At the very least I would suggest (and this should not be necessary with seriou fantasy players playing for these stakes) that at each league site, before the drafts kickoff... Some announcements should be made about the importance of all owners, regardless of their bad fortune, playing out the season for league integrity. People quitting stinks but it is a problem that will always exist no matter what the price level if head-head is a factor in deciding league championships.

Announcements wouldn't be a bad idea but everyone playing here I bet knows how giving up can affect their league outcome. The quitters don't care and it is sad. :(
Bauler Shot Caller

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:23 am

Originally posted by da bears:

Announcements wouldn't be a bad idea but everyone playing here I bet knows how giving up can affect their league outcome. The quitters don't care and it is sad. :( I'm proof that "everyone" doesn't know certain things when it comes to the rules/league outcome...ie. I THINK there MIGHT be a prize for best league, but I don't know.

If there were an overall league prize, might be a good point to bring up mid-season to leaguemates, via league MB or league wide e-mail, as a reminder not to quit. Kinda a nice way to call your leaguemate(s) out that might have quit or thought about quitting.
@RedRyder

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:24 am

It could be implemented various ways but none really give Greg and Tom a nice balance of keeping everyone happy.

I personally would up the entry fee to $1450, with $100 going into the consolation round. You don't make the consolation round if your team is declared "dead". Seeing as there is the possibility of someone intentionally starting a player on their bye week, I.E. you have Witten, a comforable lead and nobody you want to drop to pick up a TE. The "dead" thing would have to be in the rules.

Give away free entries for every 14.5 teams in the consolation round. A great way to keep everyone interested.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:47 am

Now we are talking!

Great ideas...

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Riverdog:
Frustration.

I am battling it out in a NFFC main event league. The teeam I am battling with is one game ahead of me but I hold points lead. Here is the persons lineup against the top team in record

Week 10
NAME BYE
WEEK OPP AVG
PTS WEEK 10 STATUS POS
Garcia, Jeff QB TB 10 Bye 16.6 0 Active QB
Graham, Earnest RB TB 10 Bye 12.5 0 Active RB
Maroney, Laurence RB NE 4 BUF
Sun 1:00 PM ET 3.1 0 Active RB
Clayton, Mark WR BAL 2 @HOU
Sun 1:00 PM ET 6.5 0 Active WR
Hester, Devin WR CHI 8 TEN
Sun 1:00 PM ET 8.4 0 Active WR
Jones, James WR GB 8 @MIN
Sun 1:00 PM ET 7.4 0 Active WR
Cooley, Chris TE WAS 10 Bye 11.7 0 Active TE
DST, Tennessee DST TEN 6 @CHI
Sun 1:00 PM ET 12.2 0 Active DST
Dawson, Phil K CLE 5 DEN
Thu 8:15 PM ET 7.5 0 Active K
Buckhalter, Correll WR/RB/TE PHI 7 NYG
Sun 8:15 PM ET 8.6 0 Active WR/RB/TE

Think they have a shot to take down the top team ? NAME BYE
WEEK OPP AVG
PTS WEEK 10 STATUS POS
Orton, Kyle QB CHI 8 TEN Active
Jones, Julius RB SEA 4 @MIA Active
McFadden, Darren RB OAK 5 CAR Active
Burress, Plaxico WR NYG 4 @PHI Active
Curtis, Kevin WR PHI 7 NYG Active
Edwards, Braylon WR CLE 5 DEN Active
Miller, Heath TE PIT 6 IND Active
DST, Baltimore DST BAL 10 @HOU Active
Folk, Nick K DAL 10 Bye
James, Edgerrin WR/RB/TE ARI 7 SF Active
DST, Chicago B CHI 8 TEN
Sun 1:00 PM ET 12 0 Bench B
Foster, DeShaun B SF 9 @ARI
Mon 8:30 PM ET 1 0 Bench B
Galloway, Joey B TB 10 Bye 6.3 0 Bench B
McDonald, Shaun B DET 4 JAC
Sun 1:00 PM ET 6 0 Bench B
Porter, Jerry B JAC 7 @DET
Sun 1:00 PM ET 3.7 0 Bench B
Reed, Jeff B PIT 6 IND Bench B
Romo, Tony B DAL 10 Bye 26.8 0 Bench B
Young, Vince B TEN 6 @CHI Bench B

Todd, the team you called out actually ended up changing their line-up (didn't matter, I crushed them anyway ;) )

But, while you posted their team, why didn't you also post the team you are playing in the same league (see above)...seems like you have a cupcake too. Didn't change out Kickers, most people would have benched EDGE for McDonald, not to mention his QB situation.
[/QUOTE]LOL. That Jules is Sooooooo mean. So is the Captn.

hehehe. OK its true. I fired off that post and didnt even realize at the time - I was playing a quiting team too ! As it turns out a W or L doesn't mean much to my team but Jules needs the W to stay in 1st . Or I would OwNeD her in that league. Its OK RedRyder - I will see you in our league playoffs either way..... bring it on.

As for you Mr. Hook - I will see you in the playoffs for the WCOFF Mag league ! Whoahahahahahahah !
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title