UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Route Collectors

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Tom

Why was that thread locked down? I've seen alot worse and since you guys decided to lock SNAKE out I wonder why the lockdown if he was indeed the problem? :confused:

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 pm

That has to be some kind of record. 2 threads locked in one night.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

kjduke

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by kjduke » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Better to delete it and others rather than just lock them. I think we'd all feel refreshed with a clean sweep.

Then we can all just move on and just talk about football.

[ October 24, 2008, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Route Collectors

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Then we can all just move on and just talk about football. I've always favored this Kevin but it's sort of unfair to only deal with something 1/2 way. I wrote something I wanted Greg to respond to. I feel it was a legit comment.

If there's no opportunity for a response...then my assumptions must be true!

[ October 24, 2008, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Tom Kessenich

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:42 pm

I'll let Greg address the issue when he is next on the boards. I'll delete the other two threads now. I agree it's time to move on and talk about football.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'll let Greg address the issue when he is next on the boards. I'll delete the other two threads now. I agree it's time to move on and talk about football. much appreciated Tom. Can we discuss how my $300+ bid wasn't enough to land a.stecker this week?!?! :eek:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:48 pm

As far as why I locked the threads (which have now been deleted), it's simple - we have asked everyone here to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. The personal back and forth between posters is unnecessary and contributes nothing positive to this forum and to our community. Greg and I have asked repeatedly for it to stop. It was escalating in both of those threads and so I closed and subsequently deleted them.

As I have said many times, I don't care who starts what. And neither does Greg. All we ask is that everyone here treat one another with respect. That isn't so much to ask for. If you disagree with someone, do so with civility and proper behavior. If there's someone who just gets under your skin, stop reading their posts. Ignore them and move on. I know that isn't always easy. I get that. But honestly, it's better than contributing to the problem.

I really had thought we had resolved all of this two summers ago. It's sad that it's become such a major problem again. You guys are better than this. I really believe that. But if you cannot behave in the very simple ways we ask, then I guess we'll have to lock more threads, delete more threads or take even stronger measures. That's the last thing Greg and I want to do, but we're at our wits end with all of this.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Damn that is crazy Mark. If I didn't bump my bid up from 100 to 125 at the last minute I would've missed out on him. Next bid was 113. I think with the injuries and suspensions that will be coming in the next few weeks we have sured up our backfield till Bush comes back from injury.

Gordon Gekko

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Damn that is crazy Mark. If I didn't bump my bid up from 100 to 125 at the last minute I would've missed out on him. Next bid was 113. I think with the injuries and suspensions that will be coming in the next few weeks we have sured up our backfield till Bush comes back from injury. NBC - I already had P.Thomas and Stecker was available. I bid $300+ of my $540 stack. he goes for $450 or so

NFFC - Got stecker for $233...BID UNOPPOSED!!! Got P. Thomas for $180.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:56 pm

It's crazy how that stuff works. Kind of like last year where we paid 525 for Stecker and I think the next highest bid was like 200. We overpaid but he ultimately took us to the promise land.