AFFL and Question to the NFFC

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:00 pm

White collar crimes rarely end up doing any real time.

...and if so...it sure ain't in a prison like you'd think!

The US almost encourages white collar crime due to the risk reward of big gains and minimal punishments.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
In all honesty, I can't see why they'd pay at this point. I mean, they have to know that their game is ruined. ...uhm, to stay as far away as possible from the cell-block with the name BigBubba posted on it...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Not to mention that if they're incorporated, it takes an awful lot to:

a) put them in prison
b) recoup any of the money

But, I'm not a lawyer and don't claim to be.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:06 am

Check that. It seems the thread was deleted. Weber, I think it's a very grey area there, because one person was claiming the AFFL hadn't paid money TWO years ago too, but the AFFL claims they have a perfect payout record.After reading 9 pages of the usual, it all comes down to this. If this is true, that the AFFL had problems paying 2 years ago and those players came back again this past year, you got what you deserved. Like someone said previously in this thread, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

It is safe to say the NFFC has proven to be solid in this area over the 4 years I've been a part of it and offers enough games for even the most diehard player. I see no reason why anyone would risk their finances in any other event, but would hope that those who choose to do so check out the track record or backing of that event. I will tell all today I would not be in the NFFC if it weren't for the financial success of Krause Publications backing it up. Yes, I checked it out before I got in. And after meeting Greg in Vegas in 2004, I knew I was in for a long, long time. I also played in the WCOFF this year but will not be going back any time soon, not because they are not financially solid but because I did not like the overall experience. But yes, their track record was a major factor why I played.

I share the thoughts of all on this thread in the hope the AFFL will pay their winning customers but unlike most, I do not see this as a black eye to the industry. I see this as a culling out process like any other business ruled by the basic economic principles of supply and demand. Many well-financially backed people are jumping into the fantasy sports industry and only the strong will survive. The plight of the AFFL proves that.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:21 am

AFFL.com Message Board
The forum is temporarily offline for scheduled maintenance

Plus this
The post-Castro era begins
The Cuban president's resignation brings guarded optimism to Miami's Little Havana. » Hope for reform

Cubans react to end of reign Search: Castro's heir apparent will be Neil Wickham. :eek:

Wow, who knew. ;)

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:32 am

My 2 cents......Buyer beware is correct. I think T.O said it best.....if it looks like a **** and walks like a ****, then its a ****!

Having played various leagues over the years it is various obvious that the men behind the league should tip you off as to whether or not you should feel safe about playing that league.

The way they set things up, run their leagues, and handle the shortcomings should determine how much confidence you have in them.

I must admit, having played the AFFl, for a few years, I am not surprised this happened. I feel terrible for those of you who are owed money and I hope you get paid. I will not be playing AFFL ever again.

It wouldnt surprise me if this kind of thing happened to a few more leagues that I know of too. Thats why next year I will only be playing NFFC and WCOFF.

Nevertheless, the NFFC is #1 on my list of fantasy leagues. Having attended the very first main event in 2004 in NYC, I was utterly impressed with the setup, and the way Tom and Greg handled everything.......and that was their first time doing it!!! So, I'm sure it has gotten better every year.
Having done sat. leagues the last three years, I can can honestly say those leagues are second to none as well.
As unfortunate as this stuff with the AFFL is, I can only believe that this will only allow the NFFC to grow and make it stronger than ever!

--E

[ February 19, 2008, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Erok ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:39 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
AFFL.com Message Board
The forum is temporarily offline for scheduled maintenance

Plus this
The post-Castro era begins
The Cuban president's resignation brings guarded optimism to Miami's Little Havana. » Hope for reform

Cubans react to end of reign Search: Castro's heir apparent will be Neil Wickham. :eek:

Wow, who knew. ;) Inside info has Castro's little brother being more evil and aggressive than Fidel himself! :eek:

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:43 am

any news on this? has their MB been restored?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
any news on this? has their MB been restored? No. I find it hard to beleive Neil will pay anyone.

Jack or any other Lawyers, if Neil does't pay will He see any jail time? I was told no.

LFW

Post by LFW » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:32 am

Message board taken down is somewhat troubling to me. Taking away the sounding board of his customers has to make them all much more nervous and sceptical of what he is really doing. Still hoping this works out but it doesn't look any more promising than it did a few weeks ago.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 am

I just received this e-mail about 1/2 hour ago...

"An update on the current status of the prize checks:

In the last two weeks we have met with several venture capitalists. Although we are not in due diligence with any investors yet, we have open dialog with the ones that we have already met with. In addition, we are submitting to several new VC's each week. On a different front, we are also exploring the possibility of the sale of AFFL, the software, or both. We are in the process of contacting other potentially interested fantasy companies.

I will try to send out updates more frequently.

I attempted to bring the message board back online last night, but was unable to do it. I am having someone look at it today, and will try to have it up by tonight.

Sincerely,

Neil Wickham

AFFL Commissioner and CEO"

I personally read that as "hey no one is getting there money anytime soon!" :mad:

So much for the end of February! :mad: :mad: