NFFC ADP Report

jjsegura78

NFFC ADP Report

Post by jjsegura78 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Simply put it is a tool (one of many) when preparing for the drafts. It's a point of reference to gauge strategy as the draft unfolds. Everyone has there take on it. The right or wrongs of it depend on the individual draft. It's all a calculated risk.

Not unreasonable to ask for current information. I'd rather have no info than bad info. FM, I wasn't pointing at you or anyone specific in the gang. Just saying with my experience at looking at MB that people complain an awful lot. I know this is a high stakes game and probably has some of the best gamers in the biz, so preparation is a must. But I myself (who's never prized in any of my NFFC leagues yet) don't put too much in the ADP.

Guess maybe my losing streak would end if I did put more time into ADP. :D

Good luck, and btw, I'm only in Classic.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Glenneration X

NFFC ADP Report

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:04 pm

The fact is the ADP debate is one that will likely never end.

Those who utilize it as a draft tool find it invaluable in choosing the right time to choose a targeted player. Others find it a potential distraction that can sway drafters into choosing one player over another more personally valued just because they thought he'd be there the next round.

The fact is there's probably positives & negatives to both methods. What I find amusing about the debate is it always seems to lead to the belittling of the opposing viewpoint. The season will play out and those who made the right choices will win. Who cares whether they valued ADP or not.

Those who do use it as a tool were just asking for it to be accurate. There's nothing wrong with that. Those who don't use it can just ignore the corrected data.

Glenn

Getpaddled

NFFC ADP Report

Post by Getpaddled » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:05 am

will the ADP be updated today?
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Getpaddled

NFFC ADP Report

Post by Getpaddled » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:11 am

will the ADP be updated today?
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Old School

NFFC ADP Report

Post by Old School » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
So Glenn, would you rather have over a month of NFFC-only data, which is at least 14-team and 3RR or less than a week of recent MDC data, but not 14-team drafts and FULL PPR for RBs?

For us, we just mentally adjust the RBs up about a 1/2 a round to account for only getting 1/2 PPR. But I'd rather be a 1/2 round off on them, than to have data like Arian Foster at 81 (6.11), when he went at 3.2 last night in the Enter Sandman DC. :eek: Mike,

Who made that pick? You can email me so that person does't get pissed.

Mike Good Luck too you and your son this year!

John
[/QUOTE]Why should I be pissed? Because I'm not a sheep that drafts by ADP? My record stands on it's own.
And besides, i have to draft with the same guys in a couple days for the real thing. Why should should I show my hand now?
[/QUOTE]...BTW Mike and raider, I've done many drafts in the last few days and Foster has not made it out of the second round, beginning of third. Imagine that

Old School

NFFC ADP Report

Post by Old School » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:19 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
So Glenn, would you rather have over a month of NFFC-only data, which is at least 14-team and 3RR or less than a week of recent MDC data, but not 14-team drafts and FULL PPR for RBs?

For us, we just mentally adjust the RBs up about a 1/2 a round to account for only getting 1/2 PPR. But I'd rather be a 1/2 round off on them, than to have data like Arian Foster at 81 (6.11), when he went at 3.2 last night in the Enter Sandman DC. :eek: Mike,

Who made that pick? You can email me so that person does't get pissed.

Mike Good Luck too you and your son this year!

John
[/QUOTE]Care to respond now Mr Mike and John? ;)