Players who appear to be busts that you were high on this year

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:26 am

It is the same names for me...

Was high on Greene and Mendenhall but both are stuck behind destroyed offensive lines. I don't think we can really question their talent. At least certainly not Mendenhall. The jury still may be out on Greene.

Manningham is hurting me bad. So is Big Ben (again due to the line).

fflmaster,

I am not sure it is fair to call out Lou. Both Greene and Mendenhall are struggling specifically because their offensive lines are crippled. Garcon is where he is because he has no QB. A better example of a player that is under performing would be someone like Chris Johnson.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'm gonna add Felix Jones to the list.

There was NO ONE with more hype over draft weekend, and he STILL sucks as a goal line back, and the Cowboys are a team that simply cannot run the football.

I got him on a couple teams, and feel queasy about playing him each and every week. His ADP made him the 15th drafted RB. Last year's 15th best RB was Green-Ellis, who averaged 12 PPG. Felix is currently averaging 12.4 points per game and that includes week 2, in which he separated his shoulder.

Maybe you were expecting a breakout season from him. But for what he cost, he seems to be delivering about as expected by most.

C'mon Billy. Surely you can do better than this?
[/QUOTE]Not sure what ADP you were looking at Mike, but I saw him go ON THE 1/2 TURN in a live 12 team Primetime, and he went at pick 20 in my Classic. He was going off as the 11th or 12th RB off the board.......before Gore, SJax, MJD, and others in some cases.

When you take a RB in the 2nd round I think you should be expecting around 15 points a game.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:11 am

Mendenhall for sure has been my biggest bust. I liked him more than most. Shows what I know...

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 am

NFFC ADP. All I'm saying is that when you expect 15 PPG and are get 12.4, it's not really a "bust", is it? Certainly not when compared to what people expected from Big Ben or CJ2K vs. what they've gotten. Add in that Felix was injured for part of one game and that his team is banged up and I don't think it's time to panic yet on him. By year's end, 15 PPG might be right around where he ends up.

[ October 03, 2011, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:19 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
NFFC ADP. All I'm saying is that when you expect 15 PPG and are get 12.4, it's not really a "bust", is it? Certainly not when compared to what people expected from Big Ben or CJ2K vs. what they've gotten. Add in that Felix was injured for part of one game and that his team is banged up and I don't think it's time to panic yet on him. By year's end, 15 PPG might be right around where he ends up. Hope you are right.
And I agree with your point.

Just trying to add a name to the conversation as Bauler hit the nail on the head with most of the guys that are frustrating me this year.

[ October 03, 2011, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 am

Originally posted by Renman:

fflmaster,

I am not sure it is fair to call out Lou. Both Greene and Mendenhall are struggling specifically because their offensive lines are crippled. Garcon is where he is because he has no QB. A better example of a player that is under performing would be someone like Chris Johnson. i understand totally when the so-called experts are wrong. we are all wrong many many times overs.

but he was wrong on almost every player he picked and even when i asked should we get greene and mendenhall out of our lineups due to their situations he thinks no.

he still believes that mendenhall, greene, holmes, bolding and f. davis are every week plays.

he needs to understand that his pre-season picks were horrible and when you charge people for your opinion then you get called out when it is completely wrong.
its nice to be the master

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 am

Shonn Greene
Mark Ingram (for fantasy purposes = undeniable)

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 am

I won't label him as a bust, but Gates has been equally frustrating this year. He may be able to come back and be effective but investing a 4th round pick on him has really hurt me bad.

I was lucky enough to land G. Olsen as my back up and he's been solid but I would have really liked the option to use him more as a flex to account for some other injuries in the early weeks.

It's been a crazy year thus far and we are about to only conclude four weeks. Makes you wonder what else is in store this year.
Go Big Red!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

This is just me, but a bust isn't somebody who gets injured. It's the guy I start week after week just because he has to get better. It's always tough to part company with these players since you paid such a big price to get them. I can live with Gates being out but Mendenhall is hard to sit because the first time you do he goes off.

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:09 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:

fflmaster,

I am not sure it is fair to call out Lou. Both Greene and Mendenhall are struggling specifically because their offensive lines are crippled. Garcon is where he is because he has no QB. A better example of a player that is under performing would be someone like Chris Johnson. he needs to understand that his pre-season picks were horrible and when you charge people for your opinion then you get called out when it is completely wrong.
[/QUOTE]How do you know he doesn't?

I'm sure his paying customers, like me for instance, are aware that his prognostications were wrong this year. The last couple of years he has been very accurate, while this year has been bad so far.

I read all of BFD's prognostications in the preseason and looked at his factual bases and conclusions for his opinions. It was hard to argue with some of the factual bases which supported his conclusions. But I still did not accept each of them as gospel truth for fantasy purposes this year. I still have my own opinions. That is my main reason I don't feel the need to call him out on a public message board and vent about his mistakes this year.