Players who appear to be busts that you were high on this year

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:09 am

Bald,

I agree with you. All serious fantasy football players know how NOT an exact science any of this is. We also know how seasons and the productivity of players often ebb and flow during a year. Many players have their productivity directly related to the circumstance around them. The biggest "Misses" that were attributed to BFD (I do not subscribe but know Lou some and respect his knowledge) are two RB's who are playing behind crippled offensive lines.

I actually have respect for industry experts who also PLAY In high stakes events and put their money where their mouth is.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 am

Renman,

I agree completely with you post! Even taking it a step further. Look how little time Big Ben has to throw the ball this year . He hasn't even been viable for fantasy this year and he has been the model of consistency. So much is made of which RB is better but honestly the RB is just on component of the entire package. And I sure didn't see the disaster with the Pittsburgh line this year.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 am

mendenhall is a bust but saying this as nice as a could : I WOULD LIKE TO KNOCK DeANGELO WILLIAMS OUT COLD. :mad: :mad:

thank you. i needed to get that out.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
mendenhall is a bust but saying this as nice as a could : I WOULD LIKE TO KNOCK DeANGELO WILLIAMS OUT COLD. :mad: :mad:

thank you. i needed to get that out. Maybe if they would have given Deangelo a little more money........

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 am

Williams looked good yesterday. The problems I see with DeAngelo are:

1. Stewart also continues to look good and is more involved in the passing game.

2. Newton is seemingly going to take every rushing TD.

If the Panthers stay committed to the ground game, Williams should be able to deliver a decent amount of yardage each week. But with zero upside in the passing game and seemingly no chance to score a touchdown (barring a long run), his overall potential is seriously capped.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 am

I hear ya Frank and Tom. We have DWill in a couple leagues and Stewart in several. We play Stewart more and have stopped starting DWill. But Cam is the new goal line back and I agree that caps both of them. Ugh.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Renman,

I agree completely with you post! Even taking it a step further. Look how little time Big Ben has to throw the ball this year . He hasn't even been viable for fantasy this year and he has been the model of consistency. So much is made of which RB is better but honestly the RB is just on component of the entire package. And I sure didn't see the disaster with the Pittsburgh line this year.

Wayne Good post Wayne.

I certainly didn't see it as well, as I got Ben on a few teams and thought he was primed for a big year. I don't have Mendenhall on any teams, as there is something about him I have never liked......and I am a Steelers fan.

As for your DeAngelo post....LOL!!! :D

I feel for his owners though, as that team looked like it was built to run, run, run, and all they have done is pass, pass, pass. :confused:

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:52 am

I agree Billy. I was actually excited when I landed D. Will in the 6th round, as I thought they would pound the ball with Cam being a rookie and all. Man, was I ever wrong. I have stopped starting him and only played him as a flex this week because Ryan Grant was out. The way Grant ran last week, I certainly would have went that way.

Here's to 12 more weeks of uncertainty...
Go Big Red!

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 am

I thought RB may have been my strength but has turned into my downfall.

SJAX (looks good when playing but missing too much gametime)
Ingram and Pierre (Ingram a shell of what I thought)
DWILL and JSTEW (uggghhh... Guess Im playing JSTEW this week against Saints)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 am

The Panthers' run defense is putrid. Ingram's not a bad option in Week 5 at all for what it's worth.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich