UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Lumpy, you typed better with four margaritas in you than ever before. :D Good points and you are right, the number of posts you make here has no relevence to how well you do in the NFFC. Same happens in baseball as well. David DiDonato has won over $200,000 with us in four years of baseball and has about 40 posts, 25+ of which are "thank yous" to compliments of him on the boards.

Our football boards are so different from our baseball boards. We don't have to police the baseball boards at all. Everyone is so much more mature and professional there. The NFFC boards are different. The last thing I want to do here is rank my posters by their performances. But we'll gladly compile an all-time NFFC money list this week and let that speak for itself. Look for it soon as Tom is working on it now.

Sorry about your Tigers, but damn that SEC is tough this year. Have fun tonight anyways and good luck this weekend in the NFFC.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
GO VOLS!!!! Watching any Big Ten matchup is like watching paint dry compared to any of these wild SEC and Big 12 games. Man, I love watching those two conferences. To think that the Big Ten has four teams in the Top 25 right now is ridiculous. I think every team in the SEC is better than the top teams in the Big Ten.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

kjduke

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by kjduke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
I do not really care what anyone posts. To be honest I read them all as I like. Some people are inteesting. Some people are boring. Some people talk a lot on these boards with nothing to show for it. Some people hit the jackpot, and now think they are great. Some of the best players never post on thses boards. Some of the worst post all the time. Maybe the relationship to how much you post is inversely proportional to how bad you suck! Either way it is entertaining to me. If these boards sell the event, we are all in trouble.

The problem is the name recognition people get from these boards. You can suck!!! But if you post a lot, people know who you are. By default you are consdered good!

Intsead of policing these forums, figure out a way to rank the best of the best Greg. Start caling a spade a spade. Get people motivated to participate and take them down. Betweeen stats and other areas you got a much better place to spend your time.

Finally, muy LSU Tigers got their ass kicked. I am four margaritas in when I typed this. Sorry if I offended anyone. I will have Kyle post a reply as needed.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson Good post Lumpy, although I disagree that most assume players to be good or not based on how much they post.

I think most see who their toughest competition is when they go against them head to head in leagues based on how they draft and manage. You can talk all you want, but you can't hide. ;)

[ October 25, 2008, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

lumpy463

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by lumpy463 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 pm

Head to head one day in a city is useless!
No one pays that much attention.
The only reason any guys in NFFC LV4 or NBC LV2 knew or were worried about the competition in their leagues was the people that they read post from or heard about on these boards.
Were those people that tough?
I dont know?
I just know one guy wrote a book, which aint that good, one guy is the points leader, one guy posts a lot, etc, etc, etc. They all have hype form thes boards!

You post a lot! People might assume KJ Duke is an expert. YOu might be. What have you done? I have no easy way to find out, unless you want to tell me! Greg has not banned you. You have been attacked by or attacked other people in the past.

My point is a forum is a forum. Public domain. Take it with a grain of salt. Greg, dedicate your time elsewhere.

Now five margaritas in!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

lumpy463

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by lumpy463 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Tressell benched Beanie Wells against USC cause he knew he would get his ass kicked!!!
Now he can say he is a different team.
Beanie and his new QB.
Give me shot at the championship when we do not lose another game.
We are a different team.
OSU is the most overhyped team in football and Tressell is a weasel.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

kjduke

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by kjduke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
The only reason any guys in NFFC LV4 or NBC LV2 knew or were worried about the competition in their leagues was the people that they read post from or heard about on these boards.
I dont know?
I just know one guy wrote a book, which aint that good, one guy is the points leader, one guy posts a lot, etc, etc, etc. They all have hype form thes boards!

You post a lot! People might assume KJ Duke is an expert. YOu might be. What have you done? I have no easy way to find out, unless you want to tell me! Greg has not banned you. You have been attacked by or attacked other people in the past.

My point is a forum is a forum. Public domain. Take it with a grain of salt. Greg, dedicate your time elsewhere.

Now five margaritas in!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson Do I hear six! :D

I don't mean h2h in the sense of one team one week, Lumpy. Maybe it's just me that I've been in so many lges each year I know who a lot of the good players from seeing them draft and fighting with them for position in all of my lges. But that's how I form my opinion, that augmented with what they say here.

Separately, I did start a couple years ago an effort to look at how everyone did in all the events here and to create a meaningful ranking. But the data wasn't scrubbed so it wasn't easy. Greg and I talked about taking this further but I got busy and a little frustrated with the lack of good data, and he never pushed it, so here we sit with minimal hard data. Unfortunately, STATS doesn't archive stuff, they just delete the individual league stuff when the new year rolls around.

One thing I would really like to see would be a connection between teams and message board names, some kind of link - maybe if you click on someone's MB name it links thru to their main event team. That would be cool, so we could at least see how they are doing currently.

[ October 25, 2008, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
I dont know?

Now five margaritas in!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson Do I hear six! :D

I don't mean h2h in the sense of one team one week, Lumpy. Maybe it's just me that I've been in so many lges each year I know who a lot of the good players from seeing them draft and fighting with them for position in all of my lges. But that's how I form my opinion, that augmented with what they say here.

Separately, I did start a couple years ago an effort to look at how everyone did in all the events here and to create a meaningful ranking. But the data wasn't scrubbed so it wasn't easy. Greg and I talked about taking this further but I got busy and a little frustrated with the lack of good data, and he never pushed it, so here we sit with minimal hard data. Unfortunately, STATS doesn't archive stuff, they just delete the individual league stuff when the new year rolls around.

One thing I would really like to see would be a connection between teams and message board names, some kind of link - maybe if you click on someone's MB name it links thru to their main event team. That would be cool, so we could at least see how they are doing currently.
[/QUOTE]Not true Kevin. STATS has all of our standings archived and they will be displayed under your team name link in the next year. Check out the NFBC boards for what we have planned and I'll even copy and paste that thread here tomorrow.

Tom is compiling the NFFC all-time money winnings list for the live events now. It doesn't make sense to initially include all of the satellite leagues because some do many more of those than others. Let's compare the live events first and see who has won the most money and how. We have all of that information and we'll display it just like we did in the NFBC this month.

We will also organize your listings for this year and past years on your MY TEAMS page soon. That again will be a big help for everyone.

kjduke

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by kjduke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Sounds good Greg.

As for archives, I know they've archived the overall standings, but I was referring to the individual lge stuff. In other words, I can't go back and look at last year's NFFC to see who I was competing against, how many lge pts were scored, W-L record, draft results, etc. Or do they actually have that too for which we'll have links?

Old School

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Old School » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:29 pm

gETTA:I don't really mind the KOTRAX posts because there is a guy on one of my car message board that can only type in CAPS while he is at work so all of his posts are like that. Everyone knows about it and no one says anything to him about "yelling" anymore. So you are ok in my book.

Side note, I would start Curtis over Jones this week.

,,,Right on Getta. If you know Kotrax, I don't think it's his intent to be noticed or to shout his point at all. And intent is what matters.
He is actually very polite.That's just his thing
AS INTENSE AS IT MAY BE!.

CAPS is easier, I must say, for the 12 fingered typists like me.

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Sounds good Greg.

As for archives, I know they've archived the overall standings, but I was referring to the individual lge stuff. In other words, I can't go back and look at last year's NFFC to see who I was competing against, how many lge pts were scored, W-L record, draft results, etc. Or do they actually have that too for which we'll have links? They have your record and point totals for every league. Yes, your access to view that league again isn't there for you, but your personal league records are all stored. When we create these user links, that should automatically show up for others to see. Then when folks want to know more about KJ Duke, that historical data will be there. As Lumpy suggests, then we can see those who brag a lot about their accomplishments and actually those who have something to brag about.