Players who appear to be busts that you were high on this year

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Ok enough is emough, Mike Williams of Tampa Bay is my biggest bust this season. I can handle Mende because i knew the line was weak, the injuries that throttled it even more are part of the game. I can handle Shonn as the Jets have a brutal start to the year and the softer portion is coming plus they lost their center. However, TB is at full power, all their 'studs' are healthy yet the offense is looking completely lost and Freeman is playing worse than many Rookie QB's just getting their start this year.Maybe they miss Sammie Stroughter more than most realize :eek:

SS

Post by SS » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:02 am

Bongizmo, agree with you completely, Tampa Bay was extremely overrated this season. I overrated Josh Freeman this year, he shouldn't even be a number 2 starter right now. Freeman if your reading this, man up! And start throwing the ball to your money maker, Williams, pathetic...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 am

how the hell does deangelo run for 100+ yards and a td in the first half and then run the ball only a 5 more times in the 2nd half? no wonder why they are 1-4.

without that long run deangelo would have only had his usual 5-8 pts.

he is a total bust

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:52 am

Originally posted by thegambler:

He did have it, though. You can't take it away just like you can't take Best's long TD run away last night or Calvin's long TD catch. They all count. I think Williams is looking real good lately. He's rushed for 197 yards in his last two games. That's a very good number.

The problems are the Panthers aren't committed to the running game so his carries aren't high and Newton owns everything inside the 5 so rushing TDs are scarce. I agree Williams isn't reaching his draft status but he's been at least a solid RB3 the past two games.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:

He did have it, though. You can't take it away just like you can't take Best's long TD run away last night or Calvin's long TD catch. They all count. I think Williams is looking real good lately. He's rushed for 197 yards in his last two games. That's a very good number.

The problems are the Panthers aren't committed to the running game so his carries aren't high and Newton owns everything inside the 5 so rushing TDs are scarce. I agree Williams isn't reaching his draft status but he's been at least a solid RB3 the past two games.
[/QUOTE]yes sunday he was a good flex but i don't think 8 pts the week before makes him a solid 3. i know i would not be very happy with my #3 rb scoring me 8 pts. you don't win many games with guys scoring you 8pts.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
how the hell does deangelo run for 100+ yards and a td in the first half and then run the ball only a 5 more times in the 2nd half? no wonder why they are 1-4.

he is a total bust Not sure that you can fully blame a guy for being a fantasy bust when consistent opportunities just aren't there for him to produce.

Good or bad, Carolina is now a passing team. Neither D. Will or J. Stew will get the touches necessary to put up consistent RB2 numbers each week.

To score a TD, each will have to break longer runs, as Cam has become quite the TD vulture when they get around the goal line.

If you drafted D. Will and expected RB2 production from him then you almost have to play him. If you don't, you will be kicking yourself when you miss out on the games like the one he just put up. With that being said, he could just as easily score you 6 points the following week.
Go Big Red!

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:45 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:

he is a total bust Not sure that you can fully blame a guy for being a fantasy bust when consistent opportunities just aren't there for him to produce.

Good or bad, Carolina is now a passing team. Neither D. Will or J. Stew will get the touches necessary to put up consistent RB2 numbers each week.

To score a TD, each will have to break longer runs, as Cam has become quite the TD vulture when they get around the goal line.

If you drafted D. Will and expected RB2 production from him then you almost have to play him. If you don't, you will be kicking yourself when you miss out on the games like the one he just put up. With that being said, he could just as easily score you 6 points the following week.
[/QUOTE]thats the problem with d will....he will have a week or 2 where he does break that long run and score you 15 to 20 pts but it seems this year that without that he is lucky to score you 8pts.

i drafted him as my 3rd rb or nice flex during bye weeks(have him in both main leagues). in my opinion he is tough to start. might not be his fault that he is a fantasy bust but he is.....

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 am

One of the keys in fantasy football in my opinion is adjusting to how the season is unfolding. Where Williams was drafted is irrelevant at this point. It's all about what he's doing now and what he could potentially do. I've listed the two primary issues that currently prevent him from being a RB2 in my opinion. However, if you can use him as a RB3 and he's getting you 80 rushing yards per game I'd say he's coming through in that role. Would you like more? Of course. But if 80+ yards per game is his floor, I'll take that from my RB3.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
One of the keys in fantasy football in my opinion is adjusting to how the season is unfolding. Where Williams was drafted is irrelevant at this point. It's all about what he's doing now and what he could potentially do. I've listed the two primary issues that currently prevent him from being a RB2 in my opinion. However, if you can use him as a RB3 and he's getting you 80 rushing yards per game I'd say he's coming through in that role. Would you like more? Of course. But if 80+ yards per game is his floor, I'll take that from my RB3. i get what you are saying tom but this thread is titled "players that you were high on but now look like busts" (i think that is what it says)

if you think 8 pts a week from your flex or rb #3 is gonna win you your league then you are nuts. with that way teams are scoring 8 pts will get you nada....

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:47 am

I agree that Williams isn't living up to his draft status. In that regard, I agree he's been a bust - much like Tampa Mike Williams has been a bust. All I'm saying is that if he's going to be putting up 80 rushing yards a game (which he's averaged the past two weeks), at least you're getting some value out of him. I'll take that over a guy like M.Williams, for example, who hasn't done much of anything since Week 1. I'd feel somewhat confident starting DeAngelo as a RB3 right now. I have zero confidence starting Tampa Mike.

[ October 11, 2011, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich