I Have The 8th Pick In The FantasyGuru.com Magazine League

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri May 15, 2009 4:49 pm

My couple of comments and a question:

Jack had a good point with Witten over Grant. Witten was banged up a little last year but when he's healthy, he's a huge weapon at TE. I guess I'd have to know who was still on the board at rb in the 4th round. One concern I have with Grant is that Brandon Jackson played very well last year and, as a result if he has a good preseason, will continue to get his share of snaps, don't you think? Ultimately, if you thought there was a bid drop off at RB after Grant, then I can't fault you for this pick.

In hindsight, do you think you should've picked Romo or McNabb (what was it, rd 6?) when you had the chance?

Overall, I like the team! Strong WR corps.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat May 16, 2009 4:44 am

Jackson still doesn't impress me. I don't believe he's near the talent Grant is so I don't view him as anything more than a backup who will get third-down action. The fact he's there in that role is what reduces Grant from being a RB1 in my opinion to an RB2. Grant only scored four TDs last season. If that number increases - a very reasonable assumption - his value will rise. I think he represents a fine RB2 because he has RB1 upside. I'll take that in the fourth round.

At the time I took Grant, the following RBs were on the board:

Lynch - not high on him due to the 3-game suspension plus the presence of two good backup RBs.

Thomas Jones - I'm down on him this year

If I passed on Grant and he was taken before my next pick I would have been in a world of hurt at the RB2 spot. That would not have been a smart move in my opinion. Grant was the best RB on the board in my opinion and a rock-solid RB2. So taking Witten at that spot didn't appeal to me because the talent had pretty much dried up for good RB2s.

As far as the QB, I do think taking Romo or McNabb may have been the way to go. I thought I could get one of them in the round I got Cutler but it didn't work out that way. In hindsight, as much as I love Holmes as my WR3 I probably should have taken Tony Gonzalez or Warner in that round.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich