Titans-Patriots

renman

Titans-Patriots

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:59 am

Chriseibl,

We can agree to disagree. I think there should be some sportsmanship involved. Remember, these were not the backups scoring. I understand backups who never get on the field playing hard and sometimes scoring. This (at the end of the first half and to start the second) was a blatant effort by the pats to run up the score, against a respected coach and a winless team that has seen its season ruined already.

To me, it was is in poor form.. but I respect the opinion of others who may like to watch scores get run up.

da bears

Titans-Patriots

Post by da bears » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Wait till next week when the Patriots play Tampa bay. I could easily see another 5-6 td passes by Brady in that game.
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

Titans-Patriots

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Da Bears,

I agree with you. Normally when the other team poses a limited threat the fantasy numbers can suffer... For instance, I have Kurt Warner in several leagues and he had no reason to attach once it became obvious Seattle was going nowhere today.... Not only that, but he was out of the game with 7 minutes left in the 4th.

That is the direct opposite of how the Pats do things.

RWyatt

Titans-Patriots

Post by RWyatt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I know it’s because of the throwback uniforms, but the Titans really look like the Oilers of the early seventies and early eighties. Horrible teams that had very little chance to win. Change Collins number to 7 and he looks like Dan Pastorini standing like a statue in the pocket.

The Franchise

Titans-Patriots

Post by The Franchise » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:35 pm

It's the defense's job to stop the offense, right?

You don't quit playing the game in the 2nd qtr..... IMO That's why they were still throwing the ball.

It's the NFL, not Pop Warner
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

renman

Titans-Patriots

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:22 pm

The Cardinals today clearly shifted into conservative mode when it was obvious in the second half they were going to win. Warner came out of the game before the halfway point of the 4th quarter and they were not up 40+ points.

Some organizations have class... some do not.

I would expect scores to be run up MUCH MORE in pop warner where different kids are getting a chance to play and will do all they can to score. In the NFL there should be some sportsmanship in my opinion. This has nothing to do with fantasy since not one of my games was impacted by the score being run up. This is about being up 38-0 against a winless dead team in a blizzard that had ZERO chance to get back in the game and the Pats are running a no huddle firedrill trying to ram in another score.

We have seen it from them before. I can't think of another NFL team that does it or has done it in like this in the last 15 years. I am not saying there have not been big blowouts.. I am saying I can't remember and NFL team working so hard to attack on offense in game situations like this in the manner the Pats did today and did two years ago when Brady and Moss broke all the records.

The Franchise

Titans-Patriots

Post by The Franchise » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Did you actually watch the game or just saw highlights and formed this opinion? :D

The score was only 10-0 with like 10 minutes left in the 2nd qtr and the Titans turned the ball over 3 times in that qtr alone. The Pats had the ball with 1:16 left and all their timeouts...... Why not run your 2 minute offense at that point???

I think your overreacting a little bit. Are you an Eagles fan?
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Raiders

Titans-Patriots

Post by Raiders » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Originally posted by Pats_12:
Did you actually watch the game or just saw highlights and formed this opinion? :D

The score was only 10-0 with like 10 minutes left in the 2nd qtr and the Titans turned the ball over 3 times in that qtr alone. The Pats had the ball with 1:16 left and all their timeouts...... Why not run your 2 minute offense at that point???

I think your overreacting a little bit. Are you an Eagles fan? 'Are you an Eagles fan?' :D Liked that one. ;)

renman

Titans-Patriots

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Pats,

There was buzz about the Pats being a low class, run up the score, organization 2 years ago. This isn't new. I am a fan of the 6 time (and defending) super bowl champion Steelers. The Pats game joke didn't impact me in fantasy football at all. I have nothing to be frustrated about.

Yes, I watched the game. I watch all the games.
What does the score of the game at 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter have to do with my point? You can't defend what they did. You can argue that in your opinion running up the score is a good and reasonable thing.. but you can't argue that the Pats were not running a no huddle sprint up 38-0 against a dead team in a blizzard where the opponent had no chance to score 10 points let alone 38.

Its just typical Pats.

rkulaski

Titans-Patriots

Post by rkulaski » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
Pats,

There was buzz about the Pats being a low class, run up the score, organization 2 years ago. This isn't new. I am a fan of the 6 time (and defending) super bowl champion Steelers. The Pats game joke didn't impact me in fantasy football at all. I have nothing to be frustrated about.

Yes, I watched the game. I watch all the games.
What does the score of the game at 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter have to do with my point? You can't defend what they did. You can argue that in your opinion running up the score is a good and reasonable thing.. but you can't argue that the Pats were not running a no huddle sprint up 38-0 against a dead team in a blizzard where the opponent had no chance to score 10 points let alone 38.

Its just typical Pats. I live in Nashville, TN. Yep, I do pull for the Titans although not that that has anything to do with my opinion.

It doesn't matter if it's 21-0 or 59-0, if the Patriots want to try to keep scoring, so be it. It's for 3 hrs on one day once a week. Why is it so wrong if a team tries to keep scoring and doesn't show mercy? If you don't want a team like the Patriots to keep scoring, then STOP them. Maybe it's too simplistic of a view on my part but I see no problem with what the Pats did today. If I'm looking at it from the Titans side, hopefully this is a huge wake up call to regain focus and not quit on the season. By the way, Renman, I see your point and not trying to be volatile or anything, just simply giving my 2 cents. I do believe there should be a level of respect on both sides, but trying to score isn't being disrepectful to the other team.