Eagles vs. Vikings....Reality vs. Fantasy

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:54 am

Rick, it was a good trade for both teams. Brooks had no future with the Packers and the Saints were able to get a talented young QB they believed would be their guy for many years to come. One of the things Ron Wolf could do was spot QB talent. Obviously the Favre trade will go down as one of the greatest swindles in professional sports history, but Wolf also drafted Brunell, Brooks and Hasselbeck in the middle rounds. The guy had a great eye for middle-round talent, but definitely QBs.

I think the problem with Brooks is he hasn't really matured as a QB. He has wonderful physical tools -- I remember seeing him for the first time at the post-draft minicamp and it was obvious then this kid was special. Gangly and goofy, but he had a big-time arm -- but he hasn't evolved as a QB the way the Saints hoped he would. He needs to become more of a leader and become more decisive with his decision making.

If there's any positive to the McAllister injury (and considering Greg and I are almost certainly sunk in our $5,000 Experts League without him we're hard-pressed to find a positive) it will be that it will force Brooks to really step up and take over this team. If he does that, he could become the type of QB the Saints believe (and his talent indicates) he can be. If he doesn't, the Saints may soon begin looking at other long-term options for the position.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:38 am

Thanks for the come back, Tom, and I agree with your assessment of Aaron 100%. I think this past off-season Haslett had him going to some kind of leadership classes to help him get the idea. But believe me, having Joe Horn in two of my leagues is making me feel real good as long as he stays healthy because without Deuce, Brooks will be putting the ball up a lot more.

And Richie, the season's early for T.O. I can't wait for the Oct. 31 game with the Ravens. As Alice Cooper sings, "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Halloween, let's see if T.O. survives that game with Mr. Lewis. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:41 am

Yeah, right. Might be a scoreless tie. As for Ray Lewis, he'll be too busy chasing L.J.Smith and Brian Westbrook all night to worry where T.O. is running around.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.