Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:35 am

Unless the Raiders trade down, Calvin will go to the Raiders. Oakland has a decent defense and Al Davis loves offense. He signs Jeff Garcia and drafts Calvin Johnson. I was reading yesterday where they are going to make some line changes to correct that area of the offense so book it, Jeff Garcia and Calvin Johnson to Oakland and either Moss or Porter gets them some more draft picks which will include Brady Quinn. How good would Green Bay be with Moss opposite Driver?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:41 am

I can't see Oakland passing on a QB, as Garcia is definitely a short term solution.

That being said, it is the RAIDERS and Al Davis we are talking about, so ANYTHING can happen! :D

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:22 am

Not much "can't miss" talent in the QB ranks in the draft to look at this year IMHO. If the kid from Hawaii had come out I might think differently but I see Oakland going for the best talent over position in the draft and going FOR qb in FA. Another possibility may be a Moss-for-Schaub trade with Atlanta.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:29 am

Oh I agree Rick, but I can almost guarantee that Al Davis THINKS he see something in Jamarcus Russell. Al has ALWAYS been enamored by athleticism, even if it came at the cost of not truly knowing how to play the game! ;)

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:47 am

Schaub would be a solid trade for Oakland but I don't see it happening. I'm pretty much sold in them going with J. Russell.

The Raiders need so much help on offense that they should trade down and pick up some players and or draft picks.

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:15 am

If the Falcons were smart they'd dish Vick
for Moss and some picks.

Cold Pizza reported this am that Miami
may make bid for RFA Schaub. That would
cost 'Fins a #1 and #3. Schaud would be an UFA
next year. The Falcons have a decision to make,
and soon. All that cash on Vick yet new coach
Petrino's goal seems to be to get Vick's passing
stats up to mid-pack and have him run much less.
Enough!! Oakland is where Vick should be.
Falcons should flip this bird. Bong voyage!!
HMan83

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:27 am

As a Raiders fan I have developed my own off season training plan to deal with the next season. Here is how it goes and feel free to use this if you too suffer from this syndrome.

I hired a person who comes over with a some oranges and a towel. I have them strike me repeatedly until I am on the verge of unconsciousness. This will take place once a week until the NFL Draft. That day I will celebrate the wisdom of the great Al Davis by being beaten twice. I then resume daily beatings until July when we go to 2 a days. By the end of August I am in prime shape for the pain the Raiders are going to inflict on me while watching their next season.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 am

Hmmm. Schaub in Miami? I can't see it. I thought Harrington played decent plus Culpepper should be returning. I'm not sure that I would be giving much up to get Schaub.

Atlanta needs to get rid of Vick. He sucks. I don't care if he has the best receivers in the league, he can't get the ball to them with accuracy. Great arm but that's about it. I think they have alot of drops because they are so surprised the ball got to them. No kidding either. He'll never win a Super Bowl as a starting QB. Sorry Vick..

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:44 am

I can't see ANY scenario where Schaub is worth a 1st and a 3rd.

I mean, wow. That's a steep price to pay for a guy who's had a few good games.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:13 am

Sorry but I can't see Randy Mueller pulling the trigger on that deal because Miami is aging rapidly on defense and need their picks. Atlanta on the other hand has one year to make a decision on Schaub before he becomes a UFA so they WILL move him or Vick this year. That's why I could see a Moss for Schaub trade because Atlanta would have that marquis name Arthur Blanks is looking for to go with Michael Vick. I also look for Atlanta to explore the possibility of signing Aaron Brooks to back Vick up this year because of his "knowledge" of the NFC South. Definitely had to put the word "knowledge" in quotes when talking about Aaron Brooks.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place