Titans-Patriots

bald is beautiful

Titans-Patriots

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:17 pm

I think the thing that is far worse here - and nobody has mentioned it yet - is that the Titans JUST PLAIN QUIT TRYING. It was pathetic. You could see from the beginning they did not want to be playing in cold and snow. Then when they got down quickly, they just played it out like pathetic losers. Their body language showed it from the first quarter onward. NOBODY stepped up and played like it mattered.

That team mailed it in today, and officially folded their season as well.

That is far worse than the Patriots trying to score for 3-4 quarters, which is what they are SUPPOSED to do.

kjduke

Titans-Patriots

Post by kjduke » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
I think the thing that is far worse here - and nobody has mentioned it yet - is that the Titans JUST PLAIN QUIT TRYING. It was pathetic. You could see from the beginning they did not want to be playing in cold and snow. Then when they got down quickly, they just played it out like pathetic losers. Their body language showed it from the first quarter onward. NOBODY stepped up and played like it mattered.

That team mailed it in today, and officially folded their season as well.

That is far worse than the Patriots trying to score for 3-4 quarters, which is what they are SUPPOSED to do. Agreed. I almost expected an announcement that Jeff Fisher had been fired at halftime. I don't know if it's the coach, but someone's head needs to roll after that game.

renman

Titans-Patriots

Post by renman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 am

rkulaski,

If trying to score isn't viewed as disrespectful or poor sportsmanship in circumstances like this why was the phrase "running up the score" ever invented?

If this wasn't running up the score, what would be?

ultimatefs

Titans-Patriots

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 am

Quitting like TENN far outweighs anything NE did. These are professionals that are expected to play every play at 100%, not play down to the level of the quitters, where the injury factor rises significantly.

I didn't see the game, but I hear NE didn't score on purpose at the end.

The fans pay hard earned money to see 100% on every play. Quit blaming NE for doing JUST THAT.

Off to the Charger game :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Eddiejag

Titans-Patriots

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:16 am

Im sorry guys but ive seen this before and Belichick did this in the undefeated season.When your up 52 to nothing and still throwing.He did it to the Cowboys a couple years ago trying to score a td with less than a minute up 3 td's,i dont forget.
He has no class and one of these times the injury will happen and everybody will be saying what was Brady even doing in there up 5o.What goes around comes around.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BillyWaz

Titans-Patriots

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:29 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Im sorry guys but ive seen this before and Belichick did this in the undefeated season.When your up 52 to nothing and still throwing.He did it to the Cowboys a couple years ago trying to score a td with less than a minute up 3 td's,i dont forget.
He has no class and one of these times the injury will happen and everybody will be saying what was Brady even doing in there up 5o.What goes around comes around. I agree "what comes around goes around", but it IS the defenses job to stop the offense.

That all being said, if I was a coach I wouldn't have a problem at all "putting the hammer down" on someone, BUT the risk of someone important being injured (in this case Brady, Welker, Moss) would FAR OUTWEIGH the reward.

Eddie is right, it is going to take an injury to one of their better players for people to understand that it is not the best idea.

Just like in "Friday Night Lights" when Boobie Miles (made a reference yesterday to him) is playing "lights out", NO ONE MINDS (their fans I mean), but the minute he goes down with a significant injury the finger is going to be pointed at someone asking "why was he in there??"

[ October 19, 2009, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Raiders

Titans-Patriots

Post by Raiders » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 am

You would never see that happen to the 70 and 80 Raiders or Steelers, why not just blitz 11 guys and last guy to Brady loses? That's what I would have done. Knock Brady out!

renman

Titans-Patriots

Post by renman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 am

What Tenn did it absolutely irrelevant. Obviously the Titans quit or are a dead team. That has zero to do with the point. Has anyone here ever heard of the word sportsmanship? Has anyone here ever heard of the phrase "running the score up?"

An organization, coach, or even QB with SPORTSMANSHIP would recognize the other team is dead and or quit or whatever.. and calls off the dogs. They get the stars out of the game... They run conservative packages on offense to keep the clock running and the get the hell off the field as fast as possible.

What does the term "running up the score" mean? What circumstance would have to be in place for some here to say a team ran up the score? I get the sense some of the posters here are the guys who in the early 90's would get excited to beat the computer 82-0 in Tecmo Bowl.

ultimatefs

Titans-Patriots

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:45 am

Originally posted by Renman:
What Tenn did it absolutely irrelevant. Obviously the Titans quit or are a dead team.Total BS. I would want to teach them a lesson for being quitters.

The paying fans have a right to see Brady at 100% for as long as they can.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

mikeybok

Titans-Patriots

Post by mikeybok » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:13 am

Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
The paying fans have a right to see Brady at 100% for as long as they can. I agree.

Sportsmanship is about respect ... not score.

This thread makes me laugh. Tenn had the best record in football last year! Am I really supposed to feel sorry for a bunch of guys making more money playing football in three years ... then I will make in my whole life.

Good teams that shut it down in the first half lose games (Pittsburgh and Balt come to mind).

Tenn beat a MUCH worse team (Detroit 0-11) 47 - 10 in week 13 last year. Funny how they didn't shut it down and scored twice in the third and fourth qtrs.

Seriously, you want NE to quit playing hard. If they quit playing hard and maybe played their kicker at QB for a few plays or played with 10 men instead of 11 ... maybe that would have been more respectful?

It's about respect. If I were playing for Tenn and the other team let up ... I would consider that disrespectful. Or taunting could also be disrespectful.

Since when did playing your best game become disrespectful? I personally, would want someones best game at all times. But I am competitive and don't want someones second best if we are competing. That's just me. Tenn could have forfeited the game if they didn't want to play anymore ... but how do you ask players on NE to not play hard (that IS how guys get hurt and how to disrespect a team).

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!