Is An 18-Game NFL Season Inevitable?

Azzurri

Post by Azzurri » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We'll definitely look into all of these suggestions once we know what the schedule is going to look like. All good suggestions.

It doesn't say in Mort's story whether the 18-game season would go into effect in 2011 or 2012. Does anyone know what year they might start this? Would it be immediately with the new contract?? the owners want this asap as in 2011 with the new contract...its very very likely to happen..at worst maybe they wait one season before going to 18 games with two byes..esp if the contract talks last into the summer..logistically they might not have enough time to put in an 18 game 2 bye week schedule. But one way or another this is coming guys so we better be prepared both owners and players FF wise.

In also like the idea of a larger roster, as many as 22 might be needed if any smaller then a 2-4 week IR spot would be needed. After this year with so many players going down we must make a way for teams to have the chance to stay in it even if losing a top player or two imo the worst thing about FF is losing a stud or two during the season so i am all for trying to make a rule so that might not hurt as much as it does now and think that Contest owners should also be thinking about how to make that situation not hurt as bad...and as some might know i am all for the fairest way to score the standings during the regular season if h2h must be sued(i like total points.)ALL PLAY weeks 1-13. I keep hearing that people are worried about teams falling to far behind? What kind of BS is that? If you are getting into a $1500 contest then you better be ready to deal with a fair h2h schedule. Teams can also make up a lot of games in a hurry in that format also.. tune up the team uncompetitive rules and this should work just fine..all it means(ALL PLAY) is the very best h2h team will win its league. How can that not be a good thing for a great highly competitive contest like the NFFC?

just thinking about the losing a stud during the season thing....would it be a good rule to allow a team that loses a player for the year to have the option of taking some sort of average score for his line up spot? It would have to be well thought out but i think their could be a very good rule in that thought. So many games would have to be played by the player going down and maybe you get only a certain % of the players score but it really would give owners at least another option other than going from a Finley to a David Lee or Fassano..we all know how much of a bummer it is when this happens and this season some owners have lost 3-4 guys..just thinking about ways to make its not hurt so bad when we lose our studs for the year..maybe we can make a thread about this and discuss it in the off season but i do think it would be a great thing to add to the rules once it got worked out.

[ November 22, 2010, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: DT ]
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Here are a couple of things for the MB to consider that I've seen work in other games:

Flex Alternate- only plays if your flex is ruled out at game time decision.

2 "Scout Team" players- can only be called up once during the season. Used when a major injury happens and you need to free up active roster space. If someone gets placed on the Scout Team, they must remain there for a minimum of 4 weeks. Puts strategy into the moves and guards against someone rotating all players. Also lets you draft 2 "project" players who may pan out later.

It worked well, but I'll just toss it out there for your review.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.