Ten Things I'll Be Watching This Week

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:56 am

One of the things I like best about this game is analyzing which of my players have the best chance to shine each week. It doesn't always work out - ::coughBillslastweekcough:: - but it's a great feeling when a player you think is primed for a big week has a big week. Here are some of my players that I'm pumped to see play this week:

J.T. O'Sullivan vs. NO - This should be a shootout and unlike last week, O'Sullivan won't stop passing at halftime.

Fred Taylor vs. HOU - Freddy returned to life in a big way last week and has another sweet matchup against the woeful Texans on Sunday.

Pierre Thomas vs. S.F. - Three TDs in two games is nice. Four TDs in three games is even better.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh vs. CLE - I'm predicting 6 TDs for T.J. this week - in the first half. :D

Jerricho Cotchery vs. ARI - Coming off a 10-reception game, I'm loving Cotchery in what should be a high-scoring game. The Jets will have to throw it a lot to keep up with Arizona's passing attack.

Isaac Bruce vs. NO - He's the No. 1 WR in a game which should feature plenty of passing.

Buffalo's D vs. StL - They choked all over a great matchup last week but they get to face a QB this week who's head is so wobbly he thinks he's still with the Chiefs. I'll be shocked if the Bills don't deliver this week.

Who are you looking forward to seeing play this week?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 am

I will admit that there are fewer games this week that tickle my fancy than in past weeks. Yeah, we have six teams on byes, but there's also a lot of bad matchups this week. Still, I'm intrigued by:

Packers at Bucs: With a banged up secondary, Griese could throw for 300+ yards again. Still, I think the Packers can move the ball with a spread offense and a lot of short passes, plus Ryan Grant practiced all week and seems much improved from his hamstring injury. I'm sure it's a homer pick, but I'm like Tom and think the Packers can win this game on the road.

Vikings at Titans: If the Titans are really the best team in the AFC, they need to prove it this week at home. Personally, I'd love to see Minnesota go 1-3, but I still think the Vikings are solid. It's time for A.P. to go off, but this is a tough place to do it.

Eagles at Bears: This one is so intriguing in so many ways. Wih the Bears coming off that embarrassing home loss to Tampa, how will the fans treat them if things start out slowly? Is McNabb healthy enough to spread out this defense like Griese and the Bucs did last week? This almost seems like the worst possible opponent for Chicago one week after being exposed by the Bucs' passing game. Should be fun.

I love football on Monday night, so why does the NFL spoil it with the Ravens against the Steelers? :D Sack, I know you'll hate me for that comment, but damn the Ravens are so boring to watch. If I'm lucky there will be a baseball playoff game that night!! :D

Tom is right, there are a lot of interesting scenarios this week. But that doesn't mean there are a lot of great games to watch. STill, I'll watch EVERY ONE!!! :D Have a great weekend all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 am

1. Cutler to throw 300 and 3 TDs vs. weak Chiefs D.
2. Boldin to bounce back from last week's down game (no, I don't expect another 40-burger, but somewhere in the 20 range would be nice ;) ).
3. Selvin Young to finally get a chance to get enough carries to go w/ his lofty 6.9 YPC average. With Julius on bye this week, we NEED Young to produce like the RB2 we hoped he might.
4. After starting Antonio Bryant 2 weeks ago and getting a nice fat 0, then benching him last week when he went off... Crayton's 0 last week has caused us to start BOTH Bucs WRs - Bryant AND Hilliard (and bench Crayton). WHEN do we get Colston back? :(
5. Winslow to get back on track vs. Cincy. 8-10 catches would be nice. :D
6. Barber to continue on his tear so far.
7. The Bears DST to contain a Westbrook-less Eagles team, maybe even return a pick or 2 (seeing Donovan will likely have to throw more this week).
8. Matt Prater to take advantage of what s/b awesome field position in KC all day.
9. Bryant Johnson to get over his hamstring so we don't have to flex Crayton. (Man, I miss Colston! :( ).
10. Greg Olsen to show signs of life in CHI so we can use him next week, the week for which we drafted him (w/ Winslow's bye), when the Bears get to face DET. :D

[ September 26, 2008, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Man do I miss Colston too! Now I have to hope B Johnson plays or I'm a WR short this week. sigh...

Some players I'm looking forward to this weekend:

1. Schaub- really hoping he rebounds vs Jax

2. Forte- never thought he'd be this good but Philly will be a huge test

3. Mendanhall- I have to play in 1 league - hate the opponent but maybe he breaks one??

4. Lance Moore - hoping he has at least 5-6 rec and 50-60yds- solid bye week fill in

JB

Post by JB » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm just looking forward to seeing the Brewers make the playoffs!! :D I'm so glad Yost is finally gone!!!

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:27 pm

sandman..........I feel your pain.Loss colsten and BURLESON in NBC 0-3,while posting 128 and 144 back to back.PLEASE can we see MARQUES....

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:03 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
We're at the quarter pole of the fantasy season (how crazy is that?) and things are starting to take shape as far as players and teams. With that in mind, here are 10 things I'm most interested in seeing this week. Feel free to comment and add the top items on your list for this week.

1. Will the Bills' defense suffocate the Rams as every other team has done thus far or will they choke on a golden matchup the way they did last week against Oakland?

2. Is there any chance at all Trent Green makes the Rams even a little bit better?

3. How will Aaron Rodgers and the Packers bounce back on the road against a scrappy Tampa Bay team. By the way - if I was in Vegas, I'd be all over the Packers in this game.

4. Are the 49ers for real? Winning at New Orleans (even though the Saints have some injury issues) would be a big way to prove it.

5. Will Ben Roethlisberger snap out of his funk at home against a suddenly ferocious Baltimore defense or he will continue to be one of this year's biggest fantasy busts?

6. Even though they're on a bye, I'm interested to see if the Patriots give up another touchdown to Ronnie Brown.

7. Will Matt Schaub and Derek Anderson finish what they start on Sunday?

8. Will Felix Jones and Chansi Stuckey score again?

9. Which RB will prevail against a tough defense - Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson?

10. How many receptions will Terrell Owens get after catching only two passes last week against Green Bay? I'm guessing he has at least two receptions on Dallas' first series. I'll take the one that jumps out at me , it is your pic of the pack over the Bucs :eek:

I look at it like this : the pack beat Minni , who is ranked 14th in Defence and Detroit who is ranked next to last. When they played a top ten D in the Cowboys , they lost at HOME. Now they are playing a top 5 D , the Bucs on the road , My personal opinion is the Bucs will Rank # 1 in Defence at seasons end. I'll lay down all $64.25 that i have and put it on Tampa :D
[/QUO

just wish i had more than 64 bucks
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:50 am

There's one thing you will NOT be watching this week...a Mets playoff game :D :D :D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:04 pm

One small bump for Met fans - one big laugh for Phils fans.

Sorry...it's too much fun to resist.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

JB

Post by JB » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:26 pm

You won't be laughing when you lose to the Brew Crew :D