Week 5 Who Do You Love & Who Do You Hate Thread

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 am

Back after a one-week hiatus (we had this little thing called paying our NFBC prize winners to take care of last week :D ), this is the thread where we lavish our praise on the players who came through for us this week and spit our venom at the dogs who killed us. I'll begin:

LOVE
Ben Roethisberger - It's about damn time.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh - He's feeling it and I'm loving it.

Isaac Bruce - One of the best WW pickups of the year so far.

HATE
John Carlson - I don't know how to tell you this John, but the Seahawks threw the same number of passes to me yesterday that they threw to you.

Buffalo D - That wasn't an easy matchup but 0 sacks against Kurt Warner, who's only slightly more mobile than I am, is embarrassing.

What have you got?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 am

Love

Frank Gore - will he be #1 RB this year?

Michael Turner - he's hot or cold so I like him this week.

Deangelo - Thanks God Parker was out or he would have been on the bench.

Big Ben - He lead our bench to a great scoring week!

Hate

Brandon Marshall - where was he?

Larry Johnson - 7 for 2?

Wayne

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:40 am

Love:

Felix Jones - Didn't think they would keep the ball from him this week. As a life long Bengal fan, ( yeah...I know ) I knew we wouldn't stop him.

Eli - he looks like a different QB behind center. He is showing a confidence I've never seen from him before.

Hate:

Capt Perry Van Hook - He managed to pick up Dom Hixon and Kevin Boss this week and play them agaisnt me. Each time ELI tossed a pass I had to sweat out who was going to make the CATCH.

Seriously, LT .... finally land this guy with the number one pick overall and he is on the field less than 50% of the time. Shame on me for not feeling that Sproles was necessary insurance. Gotta listen to his bull about being back to 100% and watch him limp off the field yet again. Hard watching the Chargers games.

[ October 06, 2008, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Sack ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:42 am

LOVE...

DeAngelo Williams - It is about time you show the rookie who is boss!

Kevin Faulk- Needed a bye week fill-in, and you chose to have your FIRST EVER 2 TD game! (Thank you Kevin... and yes, it is all skill I picked him up, not luck! :D )

Clinton Portis- Loving the consistency he brings to the table each and every week.

Larry Fitzgerald- Just keep doing what you do baby!

Muhsin Muhammed- I'm so glad most everyone doubted you this year Moose! Who is this Steve Smith guy I keep hearing about??? ;)

John Carney- I can't believe the Giants are even considering cutting him, as he has been a fantasy STUD (for a kicker) thus far.

HATE......

Laurence Maroney- You are NEVER getting off my bench, and are ONE less than 3 point game from being released.

Maurice Jones-Drew- If he doesn't score the chippy set up by the pass interference, he has yet ANOTHER disappointing day.

Ray Rice- I'll NEVER take an overhyped rookie over a proven commodity in the 6th round again! Wasn't Leron McClain working at Dunkin Donuts a week before the season?

Brandon Marshall- I knew he was a fluke!

Jacksonville D- Way to get me wet with 9 points in the first 3 minutes only to get 2 more the rest of the game. Bottom line is if they don't score, they are USELESS!

Braylon Edwards- Yea, I know you didn't play, but you still suck!

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:51 am

Hate:
Herm Edwards and Chan Gailey...
!!!AGAIN!!!

Do they not realize that teh only semblance of an offense they have is in the running game? How could LJ get only 7 carries, and his backup only gets 4?

I don't care what the score is, this team is built on the run and they need to stubbornly stick to it no matter what. If they don't it will be 3 and out all day, giving the ball back so the other team can continue to put the game even further out of reach.

They should take a look at the Redskins. Down 14-0 early, did they panic? No. They stuck to their guns and ran Portis down their throats and came away with the victory.

The Colts look like the opposite with a supposedly juggernaut offense that still seems to stubbornly stick to the run even when down 3 scores.

Love:
Hightower. This kid is the bomb, could prove to be Barberesque next year. Just wish I had the balls to start him over LJ.

Honorable Mention: Kevin Faulk. Performed quite nicely as a desperation fill-in.

And lastly, hoping to love me some Deuce and Moore tonight.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:59 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Hate:
Herm Edwards and Chan Gailey...
!!!AGAIN!!!

Do they not realize that teh only semblance of an offense they have is in the running game? How could LJ get only 7 carries, and his backup only gets 4?

I don't care what the score is, this team is built on the run and they need to stubbornly stick to it no matter what. If they don't it will be 3 and out all day, giving the ball back so the other team can continue to put the game even further out of reach.
The "Errict Rhett" rule.

You can't run the ball when your down 21-0 before you can blink.

Yes, the Redskins did it, but they ave a defense.

Until KC finds one of those, I see many weeks like this for LJ. (maybe not as pitiful as 7 carries for 2 yards, but you get the point)

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:03 am

I know it, I just wish he would put up enough of a stink this next bye week so they might consider trading him to a contender.

He's look pretty good in a GB uniform, don't ya think?

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:08 am

Love:

Deangelo Williams: Finally this guy does something.

Lance Moore: Hes going to have 7 catches for 88 yds and a TD tonight. :D

Matt Prater: Keep kicking those 50 yd plus FGs!

Kevin Faulk: Nice bye week fill-in.

Hate:

Calvin Johnson: Why did I buy into the hype and draft this guy with Kitna @ QB. The Lions are dreadful and may not win a game this year. 2 freaking catches...pathetic. :(

Marvin Harrison: I drafted this guy in two leagues this year. :( What a waste...Good thing I benched him this week for one league.

[ October 06, 2008, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Yoda's S*x Slave

Post by Yoda's S*x Slave » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:06 am

Yoda do I love
faulk and moss FOR A GAME too

cooley,,r.white,,slaton,,savin teams

for avoiding in all leagues,,hate deangelo williams
for drafting in all leagues,,hate maurice jones drew
HE LIKES TO USE THE FORCE

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Lance Moore: Hes going to have 7 catches for 88 yds and a TD tonight. :D No need to be conservative here, Matt. :D

Big night coming for Moore tonight -- you heard it here, um, second.