Our 32 Playoff Participants

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:00 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
You already revealed too much of yourself when you showed up on Draft Day with that John Deere T-shirt on. We expected SOOOOO much more! actually that shirt is a great coversation starter with the ladies. let me check that, you probably need to be in your 20's or 30's to make the "look" work.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:01 am

Glenn, he has a chance to reveal himself if he wins the $100,000. No way am I putting Gordon Gekko on that check. At that point -- and admittedly it's still just a 1 in 32 chance -- he will have to take off that WWF (or is it WWE now?) mask!

Or GG, do I just make it out to the John Deere Foundation? :D my mom does want a John Deere Backhoe/Loader
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:36 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
You already revealed too much of yourself when you showed up on Draft Day with that John Deere T-shirt on. We expected SOOOOO much more! actually that shirt is a great coversation starter with the ladies. let me check that, you probably need to be in your 20's or 30's to make the "look" work. [/QUOTE]At next year's draft, I'll be wearing my Old Milwaukee t-shirt. Excellent conversation starter with the ladies of Krause Publications.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:40 am

The final tally shows that 27 of the top 32 overall teams made the playoffs. The highest scoring team not to make the playoffs was Mullet Men of Las Vegas League 5 as he finished 8-5 with 1,789.60 points. Right behind in 20th place was Team Otis of Chicago League 4, which finished 6-7 with 1,789.05 points. They were the only two teams that finished in the top 10 percent of overall teams that didn't make the playoffs. Next year I may add wild card berths to teams that finish in the top 10 percent in total points overall.

Other teams that finished in the top 32 but who didn't make the playoffs included Doomsday Express (24th overall, LV5, 1,771.55), Steel City (25th, LV 3, 1,770.60) and Hobbits of the Leaderboard (29th, LV 1, 1,755.15).

Teams outside of the top 32 in total points who made the playoffs finished 38th, 39th, 41st, 49th and 50th. Only two of those teams (41st and 49th) advanced due to best record.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:43 am

One other note: Three industry guys were among the 32 teams in the playoffs. They included representatives from Fantasyjungle.com, RotoWorld.com and CreativeSports.com. I'm not exactly sure how many industry guys we had in the NFFC this year, but I know there were three in Las Vegas League 6 and about a dozen in all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:00 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
i will remain a mystery. i'm the person Tim Robbins created in the Shawshank Redemption [/QB][/QUOTE]For check writing purposes, I am the proxy to the person Tim Robbins created in Shawshank Redemption - the uncut version

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:01 am

One other note: Three industry guys were among the 32 teams in the playoffs. They included representatives from Fantasyjungle.com, RotoWorld.com and CreativeSports.com. I'm not exactly sure how many industry guys we had in the NFFC this year, but I know there were three in Las Vegas League 6 and about a dozen in all. I'm a quasi-industry guy... you know, whatever that means ;)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:28 am

One other note: Three industry guys were among the 32 teams in the playoffs. They included representatives from Fantasyjungle.com, RotoWorld.com and CreativeSports.com. I'm not exactly sure how many industry guys we had in the NFFC this year, but I know there were three in Las Vegas League 6 and about a dozen in all. Wait a minute????.... Adam Caplan from footballinjuries.com didn't make it? He got to speak at the draft because he was considered an "expert".

Can I speak next year in New York because I won my league? :D

(No disrespect to Adam, just having a little fun!) :D

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:50 am

Yup he had total control on NY League #2 until Priest went down (Adam Caplan that is) even was still 3 points out of a playoff spot going into the final week but his team laid a BIG EGG. Tough league having him and Roto in it, we fought till the last day to get in Great Job everyone I enjoyed every minute of it.

acaplan

Post by acaplan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:15 pm

Wait a minute????.... Adam Caplan from footballinjuries.com didn't make it? He got to speak at the draft because he was considered an "expert".

Can I speak next year in New York because I won my league?

(No disrespect to Adam, just having a little fun!) >
Led my league in scoring until Priest went down. Hard to overcome losing the top pick in 14-team league. ;)
----
Adam Caplan
Editor/Partner
Pro Football News and Injury Report
www.footballinjuries.com