Week 3 Preseason Thoughts

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Maroney always looks like he's running against a 40 MPH wind.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Got to sit first row at the Cardinals-Packers game tonight. First observation, the Cardinal cheerleaders are hot...real hot.

Let's see...in terms of football, I was high on Fitzgerald coming into the season. For anyone thinking of drafting him, make sure you'll be comfortable doing so without Warner playing all year. Warner has too much confidence in his line...he fumbled twice because of it tonight and in the regular season the defenses are gonna jack him up. That being said, Leinart is looking better than he has in the past. In much better shape this season and his accuracy is good.

For the Packers, Finley will be starting at tight end before too long and will provide great value in the draft based on where he's going.

Overall upgrades based on what I saw - Driver, Finley, Leinart (as a handcuff of course), Rodgers (although I think his current ADP is accurate)

Downgrades - Grant (didn't run with the explosion I had hoped), Fitzgerald (still a late first rounder but he seemed to have to work way to hard to make plays; a healthy Boldin will help this in terms of stealing some of the focus, but then of course take some catches away so it's a wash), Warner (dude isn't going to last and Rodgers was more accurate then he was), Arizona Defense (would rather have no defenses in a DM draft versus having them...they're that bad)

That's it for now...and again, the cheerleaders were on fire.
Living the dream!

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm

OH OH?!?

Brady going for MRI as we speak. He looked fine after the hit, but who knows?
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:17 am

Originally posted by Pats_12:
OH OH?!?

Brady going for MRI as we speak. He looked fine after the hit, but who knows? Seriously?
I cant find any news on this.

And what happened to welker last night?Did he play?

And Ryan Grant too.WHERE WAS RYAN GRANT?

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:54 am

Yeah, brady landed hard on his right shoulder last night. he was moving his arm overhead and throwing passes on the sidelines afterwards. still, the play he was dinged up on looked bad.

packers-cardinals. didn't see the game. not sure if warner has too much confidence in his o-line, i think it's more he's just known to hold onto the ball too long. just my opinion. rodgers way too undervalued by most last year, this year everyone's getting it right.

pats-redskins- it never looks like moss is running full speed when he runs by a cornerback. the only wr brady didn't appear to be in sync with was galloway. maroney- broke some tackles last night and had some nice plays in the open field- he might have a chance because defenses have to respect brady and the wrs .

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
quote:Originally posted by Pats_12:
OH OH?!?

Brady going for MRI as we speak. He looked fine after the hit, but who knows? Seriously?

[/QUOTE]Well Grant played in the game, not sure if you were just being sarcastic as he did not look as good as he had his 1st 2 games.

As far as Welker goes he is nursing an "undisclosed" injury. ;)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:50 am

Originally posted by Pats_12:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
quote:Originally posted by Pats_12:
OH OH?!?

[/QUOTE]Well Grant played in the game, not sure if you were just being sarcastic as he did not look as good as he had his 1st 2 games.

As far as Welker goes he is nursing an "undisclosed" injury. ;)
[/QUOTE]Not sarcastic,i just missed his stats,and didnt notice him in what i saw on tv.My bad,thanks for posting.

And i went to the STEELER bills game last night.
Buffalos no huddle approach seems out of sinc right now,Lee Evans was not involved,Lynch looks pretty good,too bad he is a moron and wont play until week 4.
And roscoe Parrish was in with the starters,and also playing with the scrubs late in the 4th.Not sure if that means he needs reps or they have no depth or they are considering cutting him and wanted to give him an extended look to make the team.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:44 pm

1, forte is going to rock and roll with a real qb on the team. 15 td floor with 55-65 receptions. vegas morning line favorite to lead all rb's in scoring :cool:

2. maybe it's just me, but cutler looks like he's a hungover frat boy!! :D

[ August 30, 2009, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
1, forte is going to rock and roll with a real qb on the team. 15 td floor with 55-65 receptions. vegas morning line favorite to lead all rb's in scoring :cool:

2. maybe it's just me, but cutler looks like he's a hungover frat boy!! :D LOL!

I gotta say the Cutler trade might rank as one of the worst in football history. Orton is a noodle-arm and defenses just press the WR's cause they know he can't throw it farther than.....well SNAKE