Week 3 Preseason Thoughts

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Chester Taylor is good and could start on many a team!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Chester Taylor is good and could start on many a team! Chester will get a few starts this year. ;)

I got a feeling that AP will miss a few games this year unfornately. :eek:

[ August 31, 2009, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm

I can understand the reservations with Schaub, but Orlovsky kept Calvin Johnson's numbers up last year and CALVIN WAS THE ONLY DECENT GUY!!!

Andre Johnson would still be a stud with Snake throwing the 50 yard fly pattern to him! ;)

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
1, forte is going to rock and roll with a real qb on the team. 15 td floor with 55-65 receptions. vegas morning line favorite to lead all rb's in scoring :cool:

2. maybe it's just me, but cutler looks like he's a hungover frat boy!! :D LOL!

I gotta say the Cutler trade might rank as one of the worst in football history. Orton is a noodle-arm and defenses just press the WR's cause they know he can't throw it farther than.....well SNAKE
[/QUOTE]The Denver Post describes the right (throwing) index finger injury Kyle Orton suffered on Sunday as an "open dislocation."

The finger had to be popped back into place by trainers immediately after the injury. This is more severe than a laceration and will shelve Orton for Denver's preseason finale. He hasn't been ruled out for Week 1, but extensive stitching could jeopardize Orton's status. The Broncos visit Cincinnati on September 13. With Chris Simms (high ankle sprain) almost certainly out, the Broncos will keep their fingers crossed (unintentional pun) on Orton.

Straight from Rotoworld. Anybody want a Bronco? Anyone?
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 am

Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
1, forte is going to rock and roll with a real qb on the team. 15 td floor with 55-65 receptions. vegas morning line favorite to lead all rb's in scoring :cool:

I gotta say the Cutler trade might rank as one of the worst in football history. Orton is a noodle-arm and defenses just press the WR's cause they know he can't throw it farther than.....well SNAKE
[/QUOTE]The Denver Post describes the right (throwing) index finger injury Kyle Orton suffered on Sunday as an "open dislocation."

The finger had to be popped back into place by trainers immediately after the injury. This is more severe than a laceration and will shelve Orton for Denver's preseason finale. He hasn't been ruled out for Week 1, but extensive stitching could jeopardize Orton's status. The Broncos visit Cincinnati on September 13. With Chris Simms (high ankle sprain) almost certainly out, the Broncos will keep their fingers crossed (unintentional pun) on Orton.

[/QUOTE]Is it me, or are there MANY teams this year who appear to have the stigma of producing NO FANTASY VALUE whatsoever???

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Phat Bustards:

[/QUOTE]Is it me, or are there MANY teams this year who appear to have the stigma of producing NO FANTASY VALUE whatsoever???
[/QUOTE]Broncos, Lions, Browns, Rams, and a few others come to mind, yes...GK
[/QUOTE]Which means the 2009 "surprise" or (dreaded) "sleeper" pick will probably come from one of those! It is always where you least expect to find the treasure is where it is eventually discovered.

Still, not sure what I do with Moreno on my lists (especially since I am a Bulldog fan) since the Boringcos do not appear to be able to pass. Massaquoi is making some noise in the Cleveland camp. Matt Stafford in Detroit. How come all my homey's are on such bad teams?
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Old School

Post by Old School » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:33 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Phat Bustards:

[/QUOTE]Yes the Raiders. Why do you think they named it the "Black Hole"? Talent gets sucked in and nothing comes out. There may be a few more "black holes" in the league this year...