I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:01 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
Because you can't compete in your own tournament, are you guys jacked about competing in the other national tournament this year?

If Larry Johnson is still holding out by the first weekend, do you take him with the 7th pick? If not, where in your opinion does any team reasonably risk taking him in the draft? We're definitely pumped about competing in the WCOFF. Should be a crazy week but it will definitely be a lot of fun. As far as LJ, if he's still holding out by the first weekend he's too risky to take in the first round unless there are strong signs a contract will be reached shortly thereafter. I'd take him in the second round, though, depending on who else was on the board. Personally, I think he's in camp either with the Chiefs or another team by Week 1.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:02 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
TO FURTHER THE POINT ABOUT THE L.J. SITUATION. JUST A COUPOLE OF QUICK QUESTIONS. IF L.J. DOESN'T SIGN BY THE FIRST WEEK WHERE DO YOU TAKE HIM LIKE BALD SAID?

ALSO IF PRIEST LOOKS GOOD IN CAMP HOW MUCH PRODUCTION DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD CUT INTO L.J. EVEN IF HE DOES STRIKE A DEAL? I'm not buying Holmes being a factor. I really don't think the Chiefs have any leverage here. They either sign LJ and make a run at the playoffs or they trade him and begin preparing for a Top 10 pick in the 2008 draft.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:03 am

Originally posted by Route C:
What is the real scoop on K.Jones? Is this something we just won't know until opening day in your opinion? I've never at any time believed he'd play more than 8 games this season. In redrafts you have to take that into very strong consideration. I think he's been over-valued in a few drafts I've seen so far.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:04 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Tom,

Will be in class today during the chat, but thought I would ask a question.

Every year, there is AT LEAST one RB or WR taken in the 4th-5th round (or later) who performs top 10-15 at his position (ex. Lee Evans, Andre Johnson,Marion Barber, Mo Jo Drew). In your opinion, who is one RB AND one WR who will be taken in the late 4th or 5th round of most NFFC drafts that will perform top 10-15 at his position?

Thanks!!

I'll look for your response on my break! :D At RB I'd go with Brandon Jacobs or Marshawn Lynch.

At WR I'd go Darrell Jackson if healthy.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:08 am

Originally posted by freddiezee:
Tom,
A few questions...
1. Name one or two backs who you think might turn out to be great picks and will be taken in round 8 or later.

2. Rank these backs in your opinion for the NFFC...Alexander, Maroney, R. Johnson, MJD.

3. Given that McNabb was the best fantasy QB last year until his injury, do you think he should be going before QB's like Brees and Brady?

Thanks! 1. Dayne (because there's no way Ahman Green stays healthy for a full season) and Lorenzo Booker (because Ronnie Brown has durability issues as well). Brian Leonard could be huge if anything happens to Steven Jackson.

2. Alexander, Rudi, Maroney, Jones-Drew.

3. Nope. He's clearly a huge injury risk whereas Brady is a lock for 16 games and Brees has no injury issues to worry about currently. That's the great thing about McNabb - you can draft him later than those guys and get similar or better production. Just make sure you have a strong QB2 in case he gets hurt again. If I'm a McNabb owner (and I am in at least one league), I'd be looking to pair him with any of the following QBs - Rivers, Cutler, Leinart, Roethlisberger, Favre, Delhomme.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:30 am

Tom,

Harrison/Wayne, Fitz/Boldin, Ocho/TJ are all #1 and#1A receivers who play on great offensive teams. Is it better to draft on of them or get a real #1 like Roy Williams at the end of round 2.

Who do you like better T Jones or C Benson?
Jeff Potok

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:55 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Tom,

Harrison/Wayne, Fitz/Boldin, Ocho/TJ are all #1 and#1A receivers who play on great offensive teams. Is it better to draft on of them or get a real #1 like Roy Williams at the end of round 2.

Who do you like better T Jones or C Benson? OK, let's officially start the chat.

I like Benson better but not by much. I don't think there's much separation between 16-26 on our RB rankings at the present time. That's why a WR in the second round is not a bad strategy at all. The 21st-ranked RB on your board could end up with similar or better stats than the 17th RB on your board. I will say this a million times this year but this is a sensational year for RBs. One of the best years I've seen in a long time - coming on the heels of one of the worst years I'd seen in my history of playing fantasy football.

I like Roy Williams better than Boldin and T.J. but I wouldn't have any problems with Housh as my WR1. I'd rather have Boldin as my WR2. Chase the talent. If the talent is a No. 2 WR on his team but can be a WR1 on your fantasy team, don't shy away from him. Guys like Wayne and Houshmandzadeh are strong WR1 options this year in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

philpo

Post by philpo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:08 am

Tom,

Of these 10 rb's listed which one"s if any wont finish in the top 10 and who do you think will replace them.

Lt2, SJax, gore, lj, addai, westy, alexander, bush,henry,rudi,

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:10 am

Originally posted by philpo:
Tom,

Of these 10 rb's listed which one"s if any wont finish in the top 10 and who do you think will replace them.

Lt2, SJax, gore, lj, addai, westy, alexander, bush,henry,rudi, Depends on the scoring system - for NFFC purposes I'd say Henry would fall out of the Top 10. In standard scoring it could be Bush.

The guy to replace them would be McGahee.

I'm big on McGahee this year. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich