Week 2 Thoughts

Tom Kessenich

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 am

Some thoughts on last night's game:

For the second game in a row, it was Donald Brown, not Joseph Addai, who the Colts wanted on the field late in a close game. That's very telling. Addai looked good but Brown is the guy the Colts are falling for.

Peyton Manning spent the entire game ignoring Pierre Garcon, who was starting for Anthony Gonzalez. Then with the game on the line, he targeted him twice, including the game-winning TD. Pretty sure the Dolphins never saw that coming.

I just checked my watch and the Dolphins still haven't started their final two-minute drill yet.

Nice hands Ted Ginn.

You too Anthony Fasano.

The Dolphins' defense has been a major disappointment the first two weeks. They haven't gotten anywhere near Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning and if they can't put pressure on the QB they can't hold up. Good luck to them against Philip Rivers next Sunday.

Did Ricky Williams look 21 or was it just me?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by renman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:59 am

I can't imagine being a Dolphins fan. Watching that goof ball offense is painful. Even when the team performs (offensively) about as well as it can (like last night) they still will keep good offensive teams in the game.

I feel like I am watching a division 2 college team with that wildcat stuff.

renman

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by renman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
M.Hasselbeck - fractured rib
M.Barber - quad injury
B.Westbrook - Ankle injury (Yes, same ankle as offseason surgery!!)
D.Jackson - groin strain
R.Rice - Not goaline back
LT2 - Will NEVER get FT job back
E.Royal/B.Marshall - 2009 Busts
L.Moore - Hammy injury
M.Bell - Knee injury
W.welker - Knee injury You can add Julius Jones as he hurt his forearm and didn't play much of second half.

HIROLLERJR

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by HIROLLERJR » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:10 am

Ricky did look 21 again! I also thought "my that looks like TEXAS RICKY" again! But the Dolphins have no "PLAYMAKERS"! Ginn is lucky they don't have a qualified receiver on that team or he would be watching. Camarillo doesn't exist. They were even not runnuning the play clock down on each possesion to keep the ball from INDY.

Eddiejag

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:55 am

Ginn had 16 targets and caught a career high 11 passes.Yes he missed the big one with a defender hanging right on him.Still he made a lot of catches and look's more than a kick returner.Fantasy wise GINN owners should be thrilled.Give him a break.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Gordon Gekko II

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:24 pm

ginn looked anything than a wr. he dropped numerous passes and even the commentators said he needed to make a couple of those catches. he's just lucky he had all those targets

Glenneration X

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I feel for ya Glenn. We went through that last year, losing our top 4 picks: Barber, Colston, Boldin, Winslow.

Hang in there. You can probably make up some ground during the bye weeks, when everyone else is scrambling. Thanks Sandman....did manage to win this week with 160+ points, so its not all bad.

Though I did just read that MBIII is going to miss 1-2 weeks.
So with possibly 5 of my top 6 draft picks on the bench next week, I'm guessing whoever's got me on the schedule must be licking their chops.
My guess is it'll be a bit ugly.

Glenn

Raiders

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I feel for ya Glenn. We went through that last year, losing our top 4 picks: Barber, Colston, Boldin, Winslow.

Hang in there. You can probably make up some ground during the bye weeks, when everyone else is scrambling. Thanks Sandman....did manage to win this week with 160+ points, so its not all bad.

Though I did just read that MBIII is going to miss 1-2 weeks.
So with possibly 5 of my top 6 draft picks on the bench next week, I'm guessing whoever's got me on the schedule must be licking their chops.
My guess is it'll be a bit ugly.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Stop! You joined every Fantasy Football League there is out there, so did I. If Football Palyers didn't get hurt what fun would it be? Plus You could have Eddie Royal.

I'm starting up Fantasy Golf. Pulling Tiger off all the boards so it's alittle even. So this way no one can bitch. Any one want in? :D

John

BONGIZMO

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

I am a diehard Fins fan who has suffered through years of torment. Although last year was nice, any true follower knew this year with a more challenging schedule could be trying. That being said, I am impressed at how competitive they have been and their game plan last night did everything but win.

Peyton just keeps making me more impressed if that's even possible.

As for Ricky, I said to a couple people today that I saw some real energy and if RB went down they wouldn't miss a beat.

I must disagree with those saying Ginn is a playmaker, he shortarmed one, dropped another and catching loads of passes to move the chains is fine but the Fins have no one playmaker that instills any fear in a secondary when it come to the redzone imo. Nor do we have anything more than a solid game manger at QB. That worked and was needed to make us competitive again but it sure shouldn't make any Fantasy noise outside of our RB's for some time.

[ September 22, 2009, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

pizzatyme

Week 2 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Bongizmo,

I agree, the Fins are a QB and playmaker away from being very good! Ginn is nothing more than a WR2. Sure he had a lot of catches, but against a soft zone that is to be expected.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.