What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 am

Originally posted by Baker Boy:
Well you have no other choice though, right? I guess he doesn't. Maybe the FFPC doesn't need him or his money. Obviously that was the point of the PM. Shape up or ship out. Of all the people I'd say that to and expect him to conform to my demand, DoubleG is the last guy I'd expect to say "okay, right on it sir!" :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:18 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
One of the things I have liked about the FFPC, is something that I see on these boards as well. You can come on these boards and post what you like more about one event than another and not only will your post not get deleted, not only will you not get banned, but ownership will respond to the player desires.
Funny you mention this. I've had a different experience in this regard. Alex from the FFPC saw something I posted on the NFFC boards, didn't like it, and PM'd me through the FFPC boards. He said if I wanted to play in any FFPC events this year, he'd ask me to retract what I wrote on the NFFC boards.

IMO the guy overstepped his bounds by threatening me into changing my post on the NFFC boards. In talking to other players, I found out this isn't the first time he asked someone to change a post. Guy uses some shady business practices IMO. Hence, I'm only playing the NFFC this year.
[/QUOTE]I don't agree with what he did and I would never do it. Your point about rollovers not being totally transparent or legal was your opinion and continues to be a worthy discussion. To be "banned" from another contest for making that point on the NFFC boards shows a more controlling management style than I would ever consider. But to each his own.

I know for a fact that you were going to play over there this year and in the NFFC. Now I alone have to put up with you this year!!! :D But I'll gladly do it and I have a feeling we'll have some fun in Sin City on the second weekend. Welcome back to the NFFC! ;)

I'll admit that I read all of the Message Boards in the HSFF community. We all should. I don't like everything that is said about us, but hey, that's what public forums are for. If I did what Alex did then Lance would never return to the NFBC or NFFC!! :D Thankfully we have thicker skin than that.
[/QUOTE]Correct me if I'm wrong but how many times have you kicked GG out? 2?
[/QUOTE]I think Gambler was right. It's the same posters coming to the rescue. ;)

I've never kicked Mark out of any of our events. I've thought about it a few times, but I've never banned anyone from our contest. Yet. ;)

If truth be known, Mark disliked Fanball so much last year that he only played FFPC. As you know, he was our initial $100,000 champion of the NFFC and he didn't even feel right playing with us in 2010. He played in the FFPC and was planning on returning there this year while also playing in the NFFC. I don't think there's any turning back now though.

GG has been a model citizen this past year. Well, except for the March trip to Las Vegas with Bauler!!! :D Don't worry boys, I'll leave those stories alone. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
One of the things I have liked about the FFPC, is something that I see on these boards as well. You can come on these boards and post what you like more about one event than another and not only will your post not get deleted, not only will you not get banned, but ownership will respond to the player desires.
Funny you mention this. I've had a different experience in this regard. Alex from the FFPC saw something I posted on the NFFC boards, didn't like it, and PM'd me through the FFPC boards. He said if I wanted to play in any FFPC events this year, he'd ask me to retract what I wrote on the NFFC boards.

IMO the guy overstepped his bounds by threatening me into changing my post on the NFFC boards. In talking to other players, I found out this isn't the first time he asked someone to change a post. Guy uses some shady business practices IMO. Hence, I'm only playing the NFFC this year.
[/QUOTE]I don't agree with what he did and I would never do it. Your point about rollovers not being totally transparent or legal was your opinion and continues to be a worthy discussion. To be "banned" from another contest for making that point on the NFFC boards shows a more controlling management style than I would ever consider. But to each his own.

I know for a fact that you were going to play over there this year and in the NFFC. Now I alone have to put up with you this year!!! :D But I'll gladly do it and I have a feeling we'll have some fun in Sin City on the second weekend. Welcome back to the NFFC! ;)

I'll admit that I read all of the Message Boards in the HSFF community. We all should. I don't like everything that is said about us, but hey, that's what public forums are for. If I did what Alex did then Lance would never return to the NFBC or NFFC!! :D Thankfully we have thicker skin than that.
[/QUOTE]Correct me if I'm wrong but how many times have you kicked GG out? 2?
[/QUOTE]I think Gambler was right. It's the same posters coming to the rescue. ;)

I've never kicked Mark out of any of our events. I've thought about it a few times, but I've never banned anyone from our contest. Yet. ;)

If truth be known, Mark disliked Fanball so much last year that he only played FFPC. As you know, he was our initial $100,000 champion of the NFFC and he didn't even feel right playing with us in 2010. He played in the FFPC and was planning on returning there this year while also playing in the NFFC. I don't think there's any turning back now though.

GG has been a model citizen this past year. Well, except for the March trip to Las Vegas with Bauler!!! :D Don't worry boys, I'll leave those stories alone. :D
[/QUOTE]What rescue? Can we pull up the threads from football and baseball where he was shall we say a little over the top with his threats and posts? Or have they been deleted? Let's not rewrite history.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:38 am

Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:

Its called customer service. I have experenced it first hand at the FFPC, and heard about it here for a number of years. Its no wonder these two events will be the last two standing in the high stakes arena. This post reminds me of a story and I hope Lenny doesn't mind me telling it. When the NFFC debuted in 2004, we were coming off a pretty good debut NFBC season as we had 195 teams compared to the WCOFB's 45. We still lost a lot of money, but we guaranteed the prize money and then went forward with an aggressive football plan that featured a $200,000 grand prize. It was a business plan that almost killed me!! :D

Anyway, the WCOFF was entering its third season and was so successful that I think they sold out in 2004 by July 15th. 660 teams by July 15th. AMAZING. Well, Lenny still didn't like us competing in the same space so whenever anyone tried to talk about us on the WCOFF boards, NFFC came up as ****. People thought it was a bit much, but I totally understood. He didn't need anyone learning about the NFFC and playing there and if they wanted to learn about the NFFC they could do it somewhere else!! :D Again, I don't blame him.

I think by 2005 or 2006 the NFFC was unbanned on the boards. Okay, maybe it was 2007. But the thing is that the WCOFF ran their business and we both grew the space and honestly some guys who first started in the NFFC -- especially on the East Coast where the WCOFF didn't initially have live events -- wound up playing in both events. We brought customers to the WCOFF and vice versa. The same thing will happen here and honestly we're big enough boys to know that we're not the only game in town.

Heck, Dave Gerczak won our debut NFFC Primetime event and the $100,000 grand prize. He's second on our leading money list. He's definitely considered one of the best players we've ever had and he bought me lunch recently (we're 45 miles apart). The first year Ryan and I played in the FFPC (2009), we won a league title and $5,000. Neither side played the other sides' contest last year and I'm not sure either will this year, but it's not like we don't have a history of civil obedience here.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 am

4D -- welcome to the NFFC boards. All of our eight years of posts are still in the archives. All you have to do is look for them. Post his naughty posts here for all to see so that we can all enjoy them. And his baseball posts threatening about Fanball's software at the time, well, let's just say all of them were justified. :D

I'm glad you've turned the conversation from Alex to Mark, but to clarify for you Mark or anyone else has ever been banned from the NFFC or NFBC. Again, yet!! :D Heck, through all of his complaining last year in the NFBC he cashed in 13 of 14 leagues and is close to earning a spot in the NFBC Hall of Fame. So I'm not quite sure where you're going with this discussion, but I'm with ya for the ride.

Damn, we need some free agent signings to talk about....

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 am

Originally posted by 4D:
What rescue? Can we pull up the threads from football and baseball where he was shall we say a little over the top with his threats and posts? Or have they been deleted? Let's not rewrite history. 4D - Could you comment on the tactics of a fantasy owner threatening to ban someone from their events unless they edit their opinion in a post they wrote on a different message board?

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 am

And his baseball posts threatening about Fanball's software at the time, well, let's just say all of them were justified. :D
now you tell me!!!! :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:15 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
And his baseball posts threatening about Fanball's software at the time, well, let's just say all of them were justified. :D
now you tell me!!!! :D
[/QUOTE]Don't think anyone needed to be a mind reader to recognize the first week of the NFBC last year wasn't a very enjoyable one for Greg or myself.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

4D -- welcome to the NFFC boards. I think 4D has been lurking on these boards longer than me...at least he has a lower member # than me. Hi 4D, hope you are well.

Anyways, if you boys can stop your pissing match for a moment, I had a serious comment, kinda question back on Page 16 that I'm surprised no one has answered. I mean, it might not be feasible, but then again there MIGHT be a demand.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
I think the NFFC Primetime schedule should be as follows:

Friday 9/9/11
1:30am PDT
5:30am PDT
11:00pm PDT

Saturday 9/10/11
2:45am PDT
6:00am PDT
11:30pm PDT

Please have coffee hot and ready! Sign me up!!!

Joking aside, I wish one of the contests would have a 6pm PST ONLINE Saturday draft, I'd join. I can't do a 4pm PST or so because I have to travel back home Saturday afternoon, as I don't like to be in Vegas the night before Sunday morning's games.
[/QUOTE]Sorry Jules, this got over-run by the other posts. First of all, let me say that Glenn is crazy if he thinks I'm starting drafts at 11 pm and 11:30 pm. He knows I go to bed early when I'm in Vegas!! :D

I guess any time is doable online that Saturday. If there was demand for that at 6 pm PT just before Sunday's games we could accommodate that. I mean, lineups would be live shortly after the draft, so that's not an issue. Mainly I'm concerned that we already have so many time slots for the Primetime that should we really add one more? And could we fill it?

Hey, I'm open for suggestions and if demand warrants it and I'm not accused of copying someone else's schedule, count me in. :D Fair enough?? If you lead the charge, I'm sure it will get filled. Thanks for the suggestion.

[ June 30, 2011, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]