What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
I think the NFFC Primetime schedule should be as follows:

Friday 9/9/11
1:30am PDT
5:30am PDT
11:00pm PDT

Saturday 9/10/11
2:45am PDT
6:00am PDT
11:30pm PDT

Please have coffee hot and ready! Sign me up!!!

Joking aside, I wish one of the contests would have a 6pm PST ONLINE Saturday draft, I'd join. I can't do a 4pm PST or so because I have to travel back home Saturday afternoon, as I don't like to be in Vegas the night before Sunday morning's games.
[/QUOTE]Jules,

Not that I want to see you in anothe league I am in, but there are online options for the primtime and classic in late August and early Sept.

Erok

Post by Erok » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:12 am

Hey, what about my question I asked:(

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 am

Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

Friday 9/9/11

Saturday 9/10/11

Joking aside, I wish one of the contests would have a 6pm PST ONLINE Saturday draft, I'd join. I can't do a 4pm PST or so because I have to travel back home Saturday afternoon, as I don't like to be in Vegas the night before Sunday morning's games.
[/QUOTE]Jules,

Not that I want to see you in anothe league I am in, but there are online options for the primtime and classic in late August and early Sept.
[/QUOTE]Already in those, although the Classic on Thursday I will hopefully do from Greg's pimpin suite in Vegas (like last year).

I was just hoping to maximize my Mains in either contest with a slightly later start date on the 10th because I can't make a 4pm start.
@RedRyder

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

Friday 9/9/11

Saturday 9/10/11

[/QUOTE]Sorry Jules, this got over-run by the other posts. First of all, let me say that Glenn is crazy if he thinks I'm starting drafts at 11 pm and 11:30 pm. He knows I go to bed early when I'm in Vegas!! :D

I guess any time is doable online that Saturday. If there was demand for that at 6 pm PT just before Sunday's games we could accommodate that. I mean, lineups would be live shortly after the draft, so that's not an issue. Mainly I'm concerned that we already have so many time slots for the Primetime that should we really add one more? And could we fill it?

Hey, I'm open for suggestions and if demand warrants it and I'm not accused of copying someone else's schedule, count me in. :D Fair enough?? If you lead the charge, I'm sure it will get filled. Thanks for the suggestion.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Greg! When the lockout ends and folks get fantasy fever I'll see if anyone else is interested.
@RedRyder

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
One of the things I have liked about the FFPC, is something that I see on these boards as well. You can come on these boards and post what you like more about one event than another and not only will your post not get deleted, not only will you not get banned, but ownership will respond to the player desires.
Funny you mention this. I've had a different experience in this regard. Alex from the FFPC saw something I posted on the NFFC boards, didn't like it, and PM'd me through the FFPC boards. He said if I wanted to play in any FFPC events this year, he'd ask me to retract what I wrote on the NFFC boards.

IMO the guy overstepped his bounds by threatening me into changing my post on the NFFC boards. In talking to other players, I found out this isn't the first time he asked someone to change a post. Guy uses some shady business practices IMO. Hence, I'm only playing the NFFC this year.
[/QUOTE]I can't speak for anyone at the FFPC and don't recall your post.

I will say as someone who has owned their own business and been in customer service most of my life, the customer is always right, except when they aren't.

I wouldn't call what he did a threat, just a business decission. Just like a bar owner haning a "We reserve the right to refuse
service to anyone"

When I ran a large car dealership, there were times when I refused to sell someone a car, usually when they questioned my ethics. Its one thing to question someones business acumen its another to question their moral compass.

If the post you are refering to included phrases like you have used here like "shady business practices" he was nicer to you than I would have been.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
if you are paying taxes on the rolled over money, what advantage is there to roll over your money. it sounds like you are simply allowing another party to hold your money, instead of you being able to use it, invest it, save it, etc...

i would venture a guess that over 50% of people rolling over their money don't pay their respective taxes. if they did pay their taxes, the IRS or the state government would wonder why your return doesn't match up with your 1099.

IMO, not issuing 1099's for "rolled over" winnings is a shady business practice at best. Yellow - this is the post alex wanted changed. specifically he wanted me to retract the last sentence.

i made this post on the nffc board (not his). and neither the words "alex' nor the "ffpc" were in my post.

[ June 30, 2011, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: DoubleG ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:55 am

Originally posted by W. Klown:
Hey, what about my question I asked:( Sorry Erik, what was the question?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 am

I would think it would be infered who you were talking about.

Look, Alex isn't beloved on these boards I get that. He speaks his mind as do I and from the looks of things so do you and Greg. I enjoy the message boards but I don't make posts to win friends.

I'm not looking to turn this int a pissing contest on which contest or operator is better, Those opinions are formed by the experences we have not by the posts of others.

I look forward to the same great experences here, as I've had there the past few years.

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 am

When the WCOFF message board crashed and was down for way too long I think it sucked the soul out of the event. Great to see friendly debate here.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 am

I would think it would be infered who you were talking about.

Look, Alex isn't beloved on these boards I get that. He speaks his mind as do I and from the looks of things so do you and Greg. I enjoy the message boards but I don't make posts to win friends.

I'm not looking to turn this int a pissing contest on which contest or operator is better, Those opinions are formed by the experences we have not by the posts of others.

I look forward to the same great experences here, as I've had there the past few years. Yellow - no one is debating which operator is better. I was responding to your post. sorry, but how i was treated by Alex (ffpc) doesn't jive with what you indicate below.

One of the things I have liked about the FFPC, is something that I see on these boards as well. You can come on these boards and post what you like more about one event than another and not only will your post not get deleted, not only will you not get banned, but ownership will respond to the player desires.