What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Does anyone know if Dustin's post was made either on the main site itself or on the message boards where all participants can see it or just on the part where only a select few can see it?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Does anyone know if Dustin's post was made either on the main site itself or on the message boards where all participants can see it or just on the part where only a select few can see it? it is hidden to people not signed up and logged in. big surprise, right?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Does anyone know if Dustin's post was made either on the main site itself or on the message boards where all participants can see it or just on the part where only a select few can see it? it is hidden to people not signed up and logged in. big surprise, right? [/QUOTE]It's certainly curious. I'm not sure why an update about the state of an event wouldn't be shared with every participant in the event. Don't those people deserve to know what's going on as well?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
what ever happened to the people that got stiffed by affl or ffoc or fantasy jungle. i know i have seen this asked before but i don't remember ever seeing a answer The people never got paid in full, at least not that I know of. I believe the winner of the AFFL grand prize was suing the original owners, but I don't know the latest on that one. I believe Bald Is Beautiful is helping him with that lawsuit. FFOC paid all of its cash prizes in full, but there were free leagues won that weren't fulfilled because the contest ceased the next year. And Fantasy Jungle's owners just disappeared without ever paying off the prizes from the year before.

Everyone lost there and it looks the same way with the two other contests from this year.
[/QUOTE]We settled the lawsuit, and that is about all I am able to say. Sorry. I'd like to say more, believe me.

da bears

Post by da bears » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Does anyone know if Dustin's post was made either on the main site itself or on the message boards where all participants can see it or just on the part where only a select few can see it? it is hidden to people not signed up and logged in. big surprise, right? [/QUOTE]It's certainly curious. I'm not sure why an update about the state of an event wouldn't be shared with every participant in the event. Don't those people deserve to know what's going on as well?
[/QUOTE]Yeah I agree Tom. What a bunch of BS. Plus the statement really doesn't say much at all.

At least something was said for a change. Of course nothing will probably be said for another six months or so. :eek:
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Wow, I didn't know that Jack. So the AFFL champion settled with the previous owners? Were any other past winners paid? Interesting here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:11 pm

i see there is heavy censoring on the wcoff boards. posts were removed that asked "with the transaction dead, will checks be issued to prize winners ASAP"

FFBL23

Post by FFBL23 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Wow, I didn't know that Jack. So the AFFL champion settled with the previous owners? Were any other past winners paid? Interesting here. Yeah, you definitely peaked my interest.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Wow, I didn't know that Jack. So the AFFL champion settled with the previous owners? Were any other past winners paid? Interesting here. I don't know who else, if anyone, they paid.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Originally posted by FFBL23:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Wow, I didn't know that Jack. So the AFFL champion settled with the previous owners? Were any other past winners paid? Interesting here. Yeah, you definitely peaked my interest. [/QUOTE]Call Lawyer Jack. He has precedence on his side. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius