What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
3) stand tall and strong in UNISON regarding your rightful demands to be paid via the game operators as there is absolute POWER in numbers... Yeah, that worked great for those who were owed money by the Jungle, the AFFL, free entries from the FFOC, etc.

It's incredibly easy to say what you would do if not in that position. I try to stay clear of making statements of what "I" would do if not walking in that person's shoes.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
3) stand tall and strong in UNISON regarding your rightful demands to be paid via the game operators as there is absolute POWER in numbers... Yeah, that worked great for those who were owed money by the Jungle, the AFFL, free entries from the FFOC, etc.[/QUOTE]Glenn, I think the bigger picture here is that unless all past prize winners are paid before this year's event begins, there is nothing to prevent that event from going down the exact same path - assuming it hasn't already. It seems to me that any outcome that doesn't include all prize winners being paid in full before this year's event runs the risk of merely delaying the inevitable.

That's the biggest concern I have. I don't think anyone wants to be here a year from now talking about another year's list of prize winners who haven't been paid. But that seems to be a very possible outcome unless all prize winners are paid in full before Sept. 9.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
The WCOFF prize winners are finding themselves in a bit of a moral dilemma. If they choose not to play, they very likely forego their winnings. If they do play, they provide an avenue and the means for new suckers to put money into the system -- and still likely forego their winnings.

Tough call guys. I hope everything works out for you. I'm not really sure what "moral" dilemma you're referring to here Glenn. How is agreeing to roll over funds locked in an account or playing through with events already paid for or rolled over creating an "avenue" for future suckers to put money in the system, as you put it?

The avenue for future registrants to put money in the system is created by the running of the event and the opening and accepting of new registrations. Those new funds have been and will continue to be accepted whether those who have or may roll over locked funds do or don't remain with the event. One is completely independent of the other.

These players have enough to worry about without having to be subjected to unjustified guilt.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
3) stand tall and strong in UNISON regarding your rightful demands to be paid via the game operators as there is absolute POWER in numbers... Yeah, that worked great for those who were owed money by the Jungle, the AFFL, free entries from the FFOC, etc.[/QUOTE]Glenn, I think the bigger picture here is that unless all past prize winners are paid before this year's event begins, there is nothing to prevent that event from going down the exact same path - assuming it hasn't already. It seems to me that any outcome that doesn't include all prize winners being paid in full before this year's event runs the risk of merely delaying the inevitable.

That's the biggest concern I have. I don't think anyone wants to be here a year from now talking about another year's list of prize winners who haven't been paid. But that seems to be a very possible outcome unless all prize winners are paid in full before Sept. 9.
[/QUOTE]Tom, you will get absolutely no argument from me that all players should absolutely be paid prior to the new event. In fact, they should have been paid months prior.

However, that's not the argument. The argument is whether players should utilize funds that they can't utilize in any other way to help save a contest and in doing so potentially save what they are due. I don't know the answer. I just know that it's for each player owed that money to decide for himself. I still haven't decided for myself. However, it will be my decision and I won't be influenced by the potential for condemnation by others.

[ August 14, 2011, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Glenn, I respectfully disagree. I think the fact past prize winners have yet to be paid and there has been no announcement made as to when they will be paid in full is the primary issue. It's because past prize winners haven't been paid that the event has spiraled so badly out of control. To me, nothing else is more important than paying everyone who is owed money from 2010 and those of you who are playing in their baseball event. That's why I don't believe that event should go forward until it can be guaranteed all of those funds will be distributed.

The concern I have is that people who agree to take more rollovers are potentially playing for nothing and running the risk of not being paid yet again in 2012. That's at the heart of this and unless I'm mistaken that's also the point Glenn was making as well (Glenn, correct me if I'm wrong here). Now if that's a risk people are willing to take, that's their call. All I'm saying is that, speaking for myself, there is no way I would take on that type of risk.

It also troubles me greatly that at no time in this process has every participant in that event been notified about what has transpired the past six months. I find that to be another serious issue that has been overlooked. I'm very concerned that potentially a large number of people have agreed to play in an event (and perhaps even paid) that has yet to pay off its previous year's prize winners and may be unable to pay this year's baseball winners.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I understand many are passionate about this issue, whether directly affected or not. I am obviously one of them. It has put many on opposite sides of the argument as to the correct course of action. I've seen animosity created because of this issue between two people or groups that otherwise would have no fault with the other. The really unfortunate thing is that neither created this problem, it was forced upon them.

I respect your opinion Tom and Greg's and Frank's and both Glenn's and all others that are opposing mine. I know that the opinions are offered for the right reasons, even if I disagree. I apologize if my tone in response to them has gotten contentious, it's just become a very sensitive topic for me. It's unfortunate that this has become such a focus during the backstretch of the baseball season and with the football drafts around the corner. At this point, we should all be focused on the things we joined these contests to focus on, categories, points, players, & prospects. Instead it's lost funds, possible defaults, the search for investors, and the prospect for legal action. This is not the environment we signed up for. It's a shame we're stuck with it.

particra

Post by particra » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Even though it's almost certainly going to be a waste of your time, I would do the same thing Glenn. Not sure what choice you really have.