What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

particra

Post by particra » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
So it has no teeth ? Still to the un-litigious out there I'm sure it works as a nice speed bump.
Very WCOFFian. Whether it would actually be enforced depends on the judge (there are good ones and bad ones like everything else in life), but any decent lawyer would be able to make numerous strong arguments as to why it is unenforceable.

My guess is that rhe primary argument would be that this isn't a contract claim; it's a fraudulent inducement claim and you can't disclaim fraud in the making of an agreement because the fraud is antecedent to the actual agreement (and the disclaimer). That's probably a better argument for the baseball guys than the football guys.
[/QUOTE]You can make that claim, but the best remedy you get is most likely your entry fee returned. I believe all the big winners wouldn't get their winnings under this theory. :(
[/QUOTE]Probably right.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:29 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
And early draft spots are supposed to be released today. Hmmm..... wonder if that will happen???

Why do people put up with such incompetence when there are clearly TWO far superior products out there??? :confused: Billy - most have no choice. The rest are uninformed creatures of habit wondering why they haven't seen Emil or Lenny for a while. They'll wake up this year. But really, the informed are stuck - their discretionary income is tied up on account and the only chance to get it back is to see the contest through.
[/QUOTE]Yea Steve, I should of clarified better....I meant the people who know, who haven't won anything (no money being held hostage) are going back even knowing what is going on!!!

I mean honestly....how stupid do you have to be???

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 am

greg,

i know your site actually posts each and every player (but that isn't paid people, they are anyone that said sign me up)

i commend you on doing this and can't wait to start seeing more signups.

the wcoff nor does the ffpc post such a list.

we now know how many and who on the ffpc due to the draft slots announcement

how many have actually paid in full for this year?

[ August 15, 2011, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:34 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
And early draft spots are supposed to be released today. Hmmm..... wonder if that will happen???

Why do people put up with such incompetence when there are clearly TWO far superior products out there??? :confused: We saw it as the lesser of two evils. Similar to debating between Alex Smith and Chad Henne for your starting QB.
1) Just not get paid
2) Roll the credit (Dustin Bucks) into 3 Mains and hope for the best!

No new cash going into the WCOFF this year. The new cash goes to the NFFC and FFPC.

We were told last night that draft spots would be sent out today and that there would be official communication sent and posted on the boards. I don't believe anything until I see it based on past communication. Allegedly up to 375 partial or fully paid participants.

Hard not to feel like a scab, but sometimes you have to make the tough call and roll with the consequences.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:37 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Why do people put up with such incompetence when there are clearly TWO far superior products out there??? :confused: Billy - most have no choice. The rest are uninformed creatures of habit wondering why they haven't seen Emil or Lenny for a while. They'll wake up this year. But really, the informed are stuck - their discretionary income is tied up on account and the only chance to get it back is to see the contest through.
[/QUOTE]Yea Steve, I should of clarified better....I meant the people who know, who haven't won anything (no money being held hostage) are going back even knowing what is going on!!!

I mean honestly....how stupid do you have to be???
[/QUOTE]sorry, that I don't have an answer for :D

particra

Post by particra » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:15 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Interesting that a class action lawyer is now soliciting potential class representatives on the WCOFF site. That's not going to help them find a buyer. what's the O/U hours that baby stays up there ? [/QUOTE]The fact that the post is still up there is incredible. Either the powers that be are fully focused on some alternative plan to the point where they aren't even checking the message board or no one involved on the business side gives a **** anymore.

[ August 15, 2011, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Hells Satans ]

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 am

Bald is Beautiful (Jack) - A lot of our fantasy brothers/sisters could be jobbed out of the money they EARNED. I know you are very busy, however, if u could spare a few minutes, would u be willing to offer a few suggestions to people owed prize money and what they should be doing?

i'm sure your suggestions would be very much appreciated by everyone owed money.

i'm not an attorney, but does this seem like a good first step?

1. call attorney specializing in contracts and describe situation, find out if he/she will take case, their costs, and what they can do for you

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Interesting that a class action lawyer is now soliciting potential class representatives on the WCOFF site. That's not going to help them find a buyer. what's the O/U hours that baby stays up there ? [/QUOTE]The fact that the post is still up there is incredible. Either the powers that be are fully focused on some alternative plan to the point where they aren't even checking the message board or no one involved on the business side gives a **** anymore.
[/QUOTE]some combo of both I suppose. Going from manning a 5 star cruise ship to bobbing along in a rudderless skiff.. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails. I doubt the level of drive and determination needed to capture even 1/10 of the contest's former stature is there.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:43 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
greg,

i know your site actually posts each and every player (but that isn't paid people, they are anyone that said sign me up)

i commend you on doing this and can't wait to start seeing more signups.

the wcoff nor does the ffpc post such a list.

we now know how many and who on the ffpc due to the draft slots announcement

how many have actually paid in full for this year? Everyone on our list has made payment plans with us. Tom started doing that last Monday. Anyone who couldn't make payments is off the list. I do have several other NFFC veterans who plan on returning, but until payment is received they aren't on the list. So we have more on the way too, but I'm not listing them until they are signed up on the site and cc info or check is with us. Hope that helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius