What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:50 am

Originally posted by Big MO - Jon:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[qb]We were told last night that draft spots would be sent out today and that there would be official communication sent and posted on the boards. I don't believe anything until I see it based on past communication. Allegedly up to 375 partial or fully paid participants.
Jon, all participants with rolled over money are held hostage to this contest, like you said. You either get nothing or play for the hope of something later. No chance to take your prize money and play where you want to, which just isn't right. Not only that, that other contest has already changed the prize structure on the web site to a lower figure while still advertising a $300,000 grand prize. Since the prize has changed since you rolled over the money, why not ask to agree to the new prize structure or get paid?

If new investors really are coming in without additional money to support the contest, then how is that more secure for the future? Why are the players helping out new investors who supposedly believe in this product? Why don't those new investors pay off the customers and build the brand they are now buying?

I know, I know, the players are creditors and if the event fails they might get nothing in return. Now they at least get a game to play with the hope of payments later. There may be 300+ rollovers, but not all of those folks really know what is going on here. Without that damn rollover plan, players would freely have their choice of where to play...if they had ever been paid in the first place.

It's unbelievable and I feel for all of you stuck in this position. I'm sure the spin is coming.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

If new investors really are coming in without additional money to support the contest, then how is that more secure for the future?It's not.

Oh wait, that was a rhetorical question, wasn't it?

[ August 15, 2011, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 am

Per Dustin..."Draft Positions will be released this evening at approximately 7pm CST."

:eek:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 am

Apparently, there will be draft positions posted tonight by the other event around 7 pm EST.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 am

let me guess...maybe 300-400 announced and most of them are rollover, ie, THERE IS VERY LITTLE NEW MONEY!!

madeoff tried to get away with his scam as long as he could. i gotta think we are in the end game here. lawyer up b4 it gets too late...

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:36 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Apparently, there will be draft positions posted tonight by the other event around 7 pm EST. But nothing about paying the winners.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:36 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
Per Dustin..."Draft Positions will be released this evening at approximately 7pm CST."

:eek: I do have to say that this business does become a lot easier when you don't pay prizes. Bottom line looks a whole lot better.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Apparently, there will be draft positions posted tonight by the other event around 7 pm EST. But nothing about paying the winners. [/QUOTE]Of course not. That's clearly of secondary importance right now to everyone. The only focus seems to be running this event and bringing in revenue no matter what. Providing a means to pay past prize winners in full does not appear to be of much importance.

[ August 15, 2011, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 am

Wow, just following the WCOFF situation from the outside and can't believe the message board.

Dustin posts "Draft Positions will be released this evening at approximately 7pm CST."

and "Guys -

We have ample space at the MGM Grand in our hotel room block. For those of you who have registered, you should be receiving a confirmation from the MGM Grand later this week or early next. We submit the updated hotel rooming list once a week to the MGM."

I can't believe they are pretending to go forward with this.