What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 pm

That is unreal.

It's like asking if you would like to purchase a cabin seat on a future Titanic voyage as you feel the ice cold.water on your feet!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 pm

The announcement that they have 1,000 room nights at the MGM Grand -- if it's true -- sounds risky in itself. Having 300+ rollovers is one thing, but now to sell 1,000 room nights??? Sheesh.

Glenn, where did you get that info? The big announcement must not be for all to view. Where did you get THOSE details?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

FFBL23

Post by FFBL23 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I wish I was making this up. Folks, THIS is what it comes down to:

======================================

To summarize the options presented to players who have requested their award:

1. Loan the business a portion, or all, of your balance requested. You will earn 8.5% interest annually and agree to a 24 month term. You will receive equity in the company, equal to 10% of the balance of your original loan amount. Principal to be paid down from a pool funded by 5% of the company's revenue. (5% of the company's annual revenue beginning in 2012 will go to fund a pool used to pay down principal owed).

2. Apply money you have on account to a 2011 contest. For every dollar converted to a 2011 entry you will receive a 10% rebate. (For example, if you apply $2,000 towards a 2011 contest, you will receive an additional $200 on your Member Account which you can use for a future entry fee.

3. Elect to receive 25% of your award balance owed in the form of a cash payment with the remainder deferred and paid back pro-rata from a pool funded by 5% of the company's revenue. (5% of the company's annual revenue beginning in 2012 will go to fund a pool used to pay down principal owed).

Please communicate to us your preference in the fields below. You can mix and match any of the above options to create the scenario most advantageous for your personal situation.

Thank you.

I am absolutely speechless. WHAT??

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
The announcement that they have 1,000 room nights at the MGM Grand -- if it's true -- sounds risky in itself. Having 300+ rollovers is one thing, but now to sell 1,000 room nights??? Sheesh.

Glenn, where did you get that info? The big announcement must not be for all to view. Where did you get THOSE details? It's on the WCOFF boards. Someone named "Is This Real?" posted it.

particra

Post by particra » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:25 pm

holy ****

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:25 pm

Is that OBAMACARE?

What a shame. I feel terrible for you guys that are owed money.

[ August 15, 2011, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Fourslot40 ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
holy **** Yup. Pretty much.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baker Boy

Post by Baker Boy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 pm

1. Loan the business a portion, or all, of your balance requested. You will earn 8.5% interest annually and agree to a 24 month term. You will receive equity in the company, equal to 10% of the balance of your original loan amount. Principal to be paid down from a pool funded by 5% of the company's revenue. (5% of the company's annual revenue beginning in 2012 will go to fund a pool used to pay down principal owed).

2. Apply money you have on account to a 2011 contest. For every dollar converted to a 2011 entry you will receive a 10% rebate. (For example, if you apply $2,000 towards a 2011 contest, you will receive an additional $200 on your Member Account which you can use for a future entry fee.

3. Elect to receive 25% of your award balance owed in the form of a cash payment with the remainder deferred and paid back pro-rata from a pool funded by 5% of the company's revenue. (5% of the company's annual revenue beginning in 2012 will go to fund a pool used to pay down principal owed).

4 Elect to come to the draft at the MGM without drafting in the 2011 draft . I or one of my associates kick you in the balls take whatever cash you have on you and we call it a day

Please communicate to us your preference in the fields below. You can mix and match any of the above options to create the scenario most advantageous for your personal situation.

Thank you.

I am absolutely speechless. I would choose 4, It would take the least amount of time and would provide proper closure to the WCoFF experience.

[ August 15, 2011, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Baker Boy ]

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you.

I am absolutely speechless. so wcoff is gonna get a bailout...from the players owed money!!!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 pm

This strikes me as booking a trip on the Titanic ...

while it's sinking.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich