What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Originally posted by RC Techies:
I would have to say that while the 2010 winners are probably screwed, Jill did state that the 2011 entries were being escrowed. If in fact those funds were not escrowed, and entries relied upon that statement, then there are probably criminal and civil charges that could be brought against the WCoff, Dustin and Jill. There's strong evidence that suggests the two posts made by "Jill @ WCOFF" in early July and early August were made by someone OTHER than Jill.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RC Techies:
Yes Tom but i am sure that Dustin will provide a yearly update as to how the transaction is coming. Making a statement that folks will be paid in cash if they want it should be followed with a date of when that will happen. Announcing that now gives people little time to leave that mess and play somewhere else unless a date of payment is given. Stating when the transaction (whatever the hell that is) is done after failing to post for 120+ days on the other transactions that fell through leaves players with little hope of it happening anytime soon. If at all.

I'm sure those owed more than $2,000 are real happy. Time to see the details.
[/QUOTE]Those playing the baseball event also need to be given a guarantee that all prize money is in house and will be paid promptly when the season ends in October.

[ August 15, 2011, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Originally posted by RC Techies:
I would have to say that while the 2010 winners are probably screwed, Jill did state that the 2011 entries were being escrowed. If in fact those funds were not escrowed, and entries relied upon that statement, then there are probably criminal and civil charges that could be brought against the WCoff, Dustin and Jill. Escrowing money coming in is a good step, but only if there's more money coming in than projected going out. Is the total prize pool being escrowed in advance to ensure payouts or as the money comes in? The devil is in the details of an escrow account.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I would have to say that while the 2010 winners are probably screwed, Jill did state that the 2011 entries were being escrowed. If in fact those funds were not escrowed, and entries relied upon that statement, then there are probably criminal and civil charges that could be brought against the WCoff, Dustin and Jill. There's strong evidence that suggests the two posts made by "Jill @ WCOFF" in early July and early August were made by someone OTHER than Jill. [/QUOTE]I can assure everyone in our event that every post made in my name on our boards since 2004 was, in fact, made by me.

As far as all of Greg's posts, well ...
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:43 pm

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Fourslot40:
FFLMaster is correct, the original post was from this moniker. Unless it has been posted by a known rep or if you guys received private communication, it could be false. Or not. [/QUOTE]I believe Glenn would have posted on here or any of the other boards if he knew this was totally fabricated. I also don't think he would have posted what he did above if he knew this was totally fabricated. Sorry to put words in your mouth Glenn, but you have been privvy to all of this info and you nor Dustin are denying any of this right now.

At the very least, it's halted the draft pick show.
[/QUOTE]That's quite alright Greg.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I can assure everyone in our event that every post made in my name on our boards since 2004 was, in fact, made by me.

As far as all of Greg's posts, well ... http://www.hawaii.edu/acm/faculty/ambrosius.shtml

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I would have to say that while the 2010 winners are probably screwed, Jill did state that the 2011 entries were being escrowed. If in fact those funds were not escrowed, and entries relied upon that statement, then there are probably criminal and civil charges that could be brought against the WCoff, Dustin and Jill. Escrowing money coming in is a good step, but only if there's more money coming in than projected going out. Is the total prize pool being escrowed in advance to ensure payouts or as the money comes in? The devil is in the details of an escrow account. [/QUOTE]Escrows mean next to nothing unless the 3rd party holding the money directly pays the winners instead of giving the funds back to the game operator for distribution. The escrow advertised in the other contest doesn't even work this way.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Okay, thanks for confirming that this is a legitimate offer that was originally posted. It looks like Lou has confirmed that as well. If any cash is being promised to those owed $2,000 or less, that's the best news of all. No matter when you can collect it, check that box. Good luck to all of those owed more than that or like Tom said trying to win the big prize in baseball. The details of collecting those prizes are well spelled out. Good luck everyone and time to move on for 2011. Hopefully folks will remain in the HSFF space and support those contests that will pay IN CASH AND ON TIME!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 pm

I will state that the email is in fact real.

It was sent to people owed $2000 or more .

Dustin responded to an email from Lou asking why he didn't receive a of the email.

Dustin's response was that everyone owed less than $2,000 will be paid in full after a transaction.

There was no mention of what transaction or when it would take place.