+*+ ROSTERS +*+

ryanash11

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by ryanash11 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:19 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
[QB] [QUOTE]You not very deep at WR I don't know about that, UYT. 4 #1's and 2 #2's after Charles Rogers breaks his collarbone again in Week 1 isn't shabby. [QUOTE]

Rick, I agree with you. I thought that my WR situation looks pretty decent as long as my #1's stay healthy. If I had wanted to be any deeper, I would be severely lacking in other areas. I am more concerned about depth at the RB position. By the way, if Eric Johnson gets healthy soon, you will have an awesome TE duo;IMHO.

[ September 04, 2005, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: ryanash11 ]

Nag'

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:31 am

Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed.

[ September 04, 2005, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:35 am

Ryanash11, I got Shockey in the 5th when the guy next to me to Hasselbeck away from me and could not pass up Eric Johnson in the 10th to cover Shockey and use as a flex when needed. He put up his best numbers when Rattay was starting last year. My team's not great but solid and could be all year if one of my qbs gets hot and Suggs doesn't take the starting job away from my guys when he comes back.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

ryanash11

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by ryanash11 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:35 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. Amen!

ryanash11

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by ryanash11 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:51 am

Rick,

I am in the same boat. I am not overly excited about my team, but I think I had a solid draft. Players like Mike Anderson and Drew Bennett could make or break me. Everybody dogs Eric Johnson, but if the guy is healthy, he will get alot of receptions like he did last year with Tim Rattay at the helm.

richieprimo

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by richieprimo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:54 am

WARNING: A Friday Night in NYC preceding a Saturday draft can result in the following roster...

McNabb - "ELI" Manning :eek:

S.Alexander :D Arrington :confused: Crockett - Gore :cool: Betts

Roy Williams - L.Fitzgerald - Rod Smith - Stokley - Engram - Clayton(Balt)

Wiggins - Watson

Akers - Edinger

Chargers

Fortunately, I didn't operate any heavy machinery before or during the draft. I'll get 'em next year, guys. Good luck to all of the actual "contenders."
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

renman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by renman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:07 am

primo...

i think mcnabb will have a HUGE season this year... mark my words.. i wanted him bad in my draft but had a couple teams that took players in unsual spots and he went early...

mcnabb will be huge... maybe top scoring QB dare i say?

i am in ny league 3....

i came up with 3 front line starting RB's all with huge upside.. all playing in offenses with spread fields... a solid QB, and servicable WR's...

QB- hassleback
RB1- kevin jones
RB2- lamont jordan
RB3/flex- j.j. arrington
wr- andre johnson
wr- chambers
wr- lee evans
te- l.j. smith
k- reed
def- bengals (marvin lewis)

to me, a balanced team, also deep at backups.. maybe not explosive, but very competitive team...

voyager

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by voyager » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:12 am

Vegas #4 (7th pick)

An injury waiting to happen:

Aaron Brooks - Chad Pennington

Priest Holmes - Rudi Johnson (not Larry) - Fred Taylor - Michael Pittman - Ryan Moats - Ciatrick Fason

Andre Johnson - Deion Branch - Rod Smith - Kevin Curtis - Mark Clayton - David Boston

Jason Witten - Jerramy Stevens

Nate Kaeding
Minnesota

[ September 04, 2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Crossfire ]

3INTBOY

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by 3INTBOY » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:00 am

Still amazed that two teams took their B/U QBs in place of starting players in RD 9. Leaving Fi$sher and I to play QBBC....

Leftwich
Harrington

Priest
LJ (too early but HAD to have him and my WRs let me do it)
Duce Staley
Willie Parker
L. Betts
Ron Dayne

Tory Holt
Javon Walker
A. Lelie
C. CHambers
Matt Jones
R. Fergusen

LJ Smith
B. Watson