+*+ ROSTERS +*+

InItToWinIt

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by InItToWinIt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Kinda happy with NY League #5 pick #5

Brooks, Pennington, Griese

Edge, CMart, Benson, Suggs

JWalker, Burleson, Boldin, Givens

Your average TE from the Rai'das, a guy that kicks (I forgot who) and some defenders from the bay state of Tampa.

Good luck all..........

MMarino

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by MMarino » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:35 pm

In the infamous NY League 8, here is my lineup.

QB - Green, Brees, Boller
RB- McGahee, Green, Bettis
WR- Jackson, Michael Clayton, Porter, Williamson, Toomer, Mark Clayton
TE- McMichael, Pollard
K- Longwell, Feely
D- Falcons, Bucs

TradeStar28

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. NAG -

You asked for 3 starting RB's -
W. McGahee - L. Jordan - W. Dunn

Furthermore, you wanted FOUR 1/1A receivers -
S. Smith - D. Branch - J. Smith - Plaxico - Antonio Bryant

Lastly, you plead dearly for a top 10 TE -
Randy McMichael - J. Stevens (possibly)

Are you somewhat impressed ? :D

Oh yea - Brees was #10 overall in 2004 in QB scoring with 40 pts only seperating QB's 5 through 10.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Nag'

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:47 pm

I saw your team, Fisher. It's close to what I said, but I think Brees is certainly NOT projected to finish top 10 by most this year and Dunn, although a starter, yeilds to Duckett much more often than your typical backup running backs. But you have a good team, imo.
For Players. By Players.

TradeStar28

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:47 pm

Originally posted by the snake:
TamuScaredShitless...Shockey is my TE...Chambers (under his new OC), wil be flyin' downfield all year long, there's 'nough to go round for both Horn & Stallworth...Palmer will be SWEET this year with those wideouts and in addition, Fast Willie will unsurp both of those old injury plagued RB's in Pitt...it's a new dawn - get up from under the covers and see the light my sister...SNAKE's squad rocks like the golden age of rock-n-roll...SNAKE Snakey -

I beg to differ about Fast Willie Parker. I think if his situation came about with a different team than the Pitt Steelers, then maybe you could really feel optimistic.

Lets take a quick peek @ the Pitt Steelers. They are a franchise that is family owned since the beginning of time. The teams ownership has different values than all of the other NFL franchises in regard to loyalty to their players whom they consider a family.

To make a short story long - the Steelers are paying Bettis and Duce MILLIONS of dollars to be the RB's there. They were successful last year with this one/two punch. Duce from his own 1 yd line to the opponents 1 yard line....then Big ole Bus comes in and walked into the endzone for the TD. Obviously these 2 players right now are banged up. But listening to Duce talk...he wants to be back for week #1. Worse case scenario he misses 2 games.

So...let it be known that Willie parker will have 2 games to strut his stuff for you if u decide to start him....

Because once the old school Pitt RB's get healthy enuff to play....Willie Parker will be designated to carrying Verron Hayes jock strap

at any rate, good luck

TradeStar28

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:51 pm

I saw your team, Fisher. It's close to what I said, but I think Brees is certainly NOT projected to finish top 10 by most this year and Dunn, although a starter, yeilds to Duckett much more often than your typical backup running backs. But you have a good team, imo. Thanx Nag...I appreciate it...

It was the 4th round...and I wanted RB#3 and Dunn fell to me there...It was either him or K. Barlow :eek:

Also Ronnie Brown was still available....I wanted to grab him but my cuz said no. I think Ronnie does excellent this year and outperforms the other 3 rookies - Arrington, Benson , Cadillac

williamhare

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by williamhare » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:06 pm

Bulger/Griese/Big Ben

K. Jones/Tiki/T. Jones/Morency/Haynes

Wayne/Kennison/T. Taylor/ K. Curtis/Bry Johnson/
Northcutt

LJ Smith/ Alexander
Panthers
Edinger

this was Chi League #4.... pick #10

We appear "out there" at WR, but my partner
was uncanny last year coming up with Drew
Bennett and Muhammad to go with Moss, Andre.
hman83

DOOMSDAY

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Finally logging in to this post. Fisher - nice team, Dunn went 2.12 in my league. I was in NY2 - #4 pick...

QB - Peyton
QB - Bledsoe (to play Wk-8 at home against ARI)

RB - Curtis Martin
RB - Stephen Davis (please stay healthy)
RB - Bettis
RB - Ricky Williams (should start after Wk-6)
RB - Antowain Smith (for the 1or2 games Duece misses)

WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Isaac Bruce
WR - Ronald Curry (does Porter's hammy linger?)
WR - Rod Gardner (Muhammed's replacement)
WR - Mike Williams (6-10 TD's?)
WR - Kelley Washington (please hang on to #3)
WR - Patrick Crayton (last pick, as a Cowboy fan, will probably drop in Wk-4 for a PK)

TE - Jermaine Wiggins (will drop above PK for a TE in Wk-5)

PK - Jeff Reed

D/ST - Carolina Panthers (my #1 ranking)
D/ST - Colts (sack-machine vs. HOU Wk-7)

Was hoping for the Peyton-Harrison hook-up again but he was nabbed by the team before me. Curtis Martin was a very happy consolation, and got great hook-up with Wayne to boot! By taking Manning, I am pleasantly surprised with the RB's I was able to put together.

Draft went great on Saturday and no probs to report (even though they misatkingly put Eli's sticker up at first - D'OH!!!). Was shocked to see Priest fall so far everywhere (#8 here). Also, Moss at 2.5 and T.O. at 2.13.

Dyv

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:32 pm

Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. Hmmm - what is a #1/1A WR ?

Do these guys qualify: Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Travis Taylor, Antawn Randle El?

??

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!