+*+ ROSTERS +*+

gomizzouman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by gomizzouman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:53 pm

Sometimes you just have to swing for the fences and try something a little different.

Chicago #2 (11th Pick) BigMO

QB - Trent Green
QB - Brian Griese

RB - J.J. Arrington
RB - Warrick Dunn
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Alvin Pearman
RB - Ciatrick Fason
RB - Nick Goings

WR - Rand Moss
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Derrick Mason
WR - Joey Galloway
WR - Amani Toomer
WR - Marcus Robinson

TE - Jeremy Shockey

K - Adam Vinatieri

DEF - Baltimore
DEF - Tampa Bay
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

FatPerez

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by FatPerez » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:10 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by FatPerez:
Alright all you gutterballs, here goes....
Las Vegas League #5/Pick #8/Ponch & John
QB's- M.Hasselbeck/S.McNair
RB's- C.Dillon/R.Johnson/L.Johnson/A.Pinner
WR's- D.Jackson/A.Bryant/K.McCardell/
B.Stokley/A.Battle/P.Crayton
TE's- J.Shockey/C.Cooley
K's- S.Janikowski/J.Reed
DEF's- Chicago/Dallas
....and may the lord have mercy on your souls when Priest goes down in Week 3. FatPerez -

Hasselbeck was a steal where you got him - couldn't believe how late QB's were going (I took Bulger in the 4th, but if I knew Hasselbeck would still be there in the 8th/9th ... )

If Priest goes down early you'll be nicely set up ... if not, the lack of RB depth could kill ya.
[/QUOTE]KJ, Pinchi Brian and I felt like we were going toe to toe with you and your significantly better looking other for the first few rounds. I remember how RB's flew off the board last year in LVL #3, and was not about to be left out of the feeding frenzy this year. After the 4th round, I remember looking at both of our squads sitting there with 3 RB's, and a top TE each. However, we chose to go after our WR's as you went after Bulger, etc. I know most of the Fantasy Football Wizards that walked around flapping their gums and analyzing draft boards weren't turned on by our Dillon/Rudi/Larry Jizzle/Pinner backfield, but I myself AM turned on by ugly amounts of carries, durability, and the imminent explosion of Lil' Larry Johnson. I know it's hard to let go for some folks out there, but it's time to read the writing on the wall.....Priest is finished!!! Remember the decension of Faulk three seasons ago? Holmes considered retirement in the off season last year, he has been injured in 2 of the last 3 seasons, his OC and GM are openly talking of a 70/30 split in carries even having both in the same backfield on occassion. All reports are that Larry has been destroying defenders all through camp. He is bigger, stronger, and at this point in their careers, faster than Holmes. Just like a landslide it has begun, and there is nothing to stop the force of the inevitable. Hey, we're the same guys who passed on Holmes LAST YEAR, and drafted Ladainian out of the first slot in LVL #3. So all you Holmes owners out there who weren't as swift as Gekko in handcuffing Larry, I hope you all enjoy the 5 weeks of work you get outta' Holmes, as you'll have an entire year to boot yourselves in the arses. KJ Duke, I wish you luck, and look forward to matching our RB's against yours whenever it is we meet. You drafted a beautiful squad, and it was a pleasure to match wits with you. As for the rest of you Las Vegas bedsheets who were appalled by our selections of Dillon/Rudi/Larry in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds, I know your magazines and pay websites probably told you to go out and grab a McGahee, Jamal, or a Kevin Jones, but ultimately, after all the reading, and analyzing, and formulating, it all comes down to what YOU feel in YOUR gut, and whether you have it in your webos to make that gut feeling a reality. Some of you cats do, but after two of these drafts, I realize most don't. We'll see how it all works out.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

Jersey Dawg

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:46 pm

In my league, NYC League 7, I had pick 1. It was extremely tuff and the run on RB's was exactly what I expected. Going into the draft I knew it would happen and I expect the teams that win their leagues this year will have drafted from the 6th spot or higher.

QB: Hasslebeck, Warner

RB: Tomlinson, Dunn, Pittman, Jacobs, W. Green

WR: Bennett, Lelie, Evans, McCariens, Jenkins, Northcut

TE: Gonzo (took him in 3 over Javon Walker. I hope that works out)

K: Graham

D: Bucs, Colts

18th player is someone I can't remember right now...

Pete

renman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by renman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:58 pm

does anyone actually REALLY look at the teams other guys drafted and post here? does anyone really offer any real analysis?

if the answer is yes... someone give your thoughts on THIS team...

QB- hasselbeck

RB- kevin jones
RB- lamont jordan

Flex- j.j. arrington

WR- andre johnson
WR- chris chambers
WR- Lee Evans/tyrone calico/reggie williams

TE- l.j. smith

k- reed

def- cinn

i want to see a few people actually give analysis to this team i saw on one of the boards....

Jersey Dawg

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:05 pm

renman - I have "RB Envy" for anyone with 3 starters on their roster. Your team looks solid to me. I posted my team right above yours. I'll need Tomlinson and Dunn to out-score Jones and Jordan. Not likely, but I can hope. I like Gonzo more than LJ Smith, but in yor favor I like Andre J much more than Drew Bennett... We look alike after that, with you having the benefit of JJ Arrington.

Can someone please hurt Tiki's leg or at least make sure Suggs stays down and Droughns breaks a leg. I'll even take an injury to Cadillac. Then I might be OK with Jacobs, Pittman and W. Green to back up Dunn and Tomlinson.

Pete

[ September 04, 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

lesliebrentgrooms

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by lesliebrentgrooms » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:15 pm

Drafted 13th in Chicago #2

QB Bulger/Ramsey

RB Dom. Davis
Westbrook
Duckett
K. Faulk
Morency

WR D. Jackson
Kennison
S. Moss
A. Bryant
A. Randle El

TE Cooley
Mangum

K Wilkins/Reed

DEF Minnesota/New Orleans

The draft went really well and was probably the best football draft I have ever been in! Great work everyone.

renman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by renman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:41 pm

jersey dawg,

thanks for the thoughts... letting j.j arrington (to take a. johnson) go in hopes he would slide back to me in 4th round was maybe my best move... i see my team as deep and very competitive, but not explosive.. i do like that most of the players i took are huge "upside" players.. including my backups... as opposed to steady vets who have shown their plateau or have seen best days behind them...

here are my thoughts on your team... tomlinson is an EPIC stud and he lead me to winning my league last year, even playing hurt much of the season.. though your RB's are not like mine, dunn DOES play and produce and if i am not mistaken, william green is the opening day starter in cleveland is he not? bennett is having a nice camp and plays for a team that i assume will be playing from behind a ton (which is why i took calico). i wanted warner as my backup but sat beside a team that drafted well and watched him take about 4 picks right before me that i wanted (i would like to think i did the same to him a few times going the other direction....

should be a fun season.. can not wait to get it on...

Peter Haiti

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Peter Haiti » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:56 pm

Originally posted by 3INTBOY:
Still amazed that two teams took their B/U QBs in place of starting players in RD 9. Leaving Fi$sher and I to play QBBC....

Leftwich
Harrington

Priest
LJ (too early but HAD to have him and my WRs let me do it)
Duce Staley
Willie Parker
L. Betts
Ron Dayne

Tory Holt
Javon Walker
A. Lelie
C. CHambers
Matt Jones
R. Fergusen

LJ Smith
B. Watson

Kaeding

Wash D.

It's all up to Priest and those WRs.

3' 3',

We took our B/U QB at 9.13 (Palmer) in NY4. We were looking to grab LJ Smith at that spot, but you snatched him up 5 picks ahead of us. Nice pick. Anyways, we didn't like the other TE possibilities and felt we were pretty solid at that point w/ the following:

QB - Green
RB - Dillon, Portis, Droughns/Suggs
WR - Clayton, Boldin, Stallworth

Plus, we were concerned w/ this thing with Green's leg that might linger/resurface? Glad we made the pick as 9 QBs fell off the board before we came up at 11.13.

Thought we had one of the tougher drafts from looking at the other boards as the only thing abnormal in the early rounds was Priest falling to you at 1.08 ("Christmas" as you put it).

Good luck to all.

Kretch

TradeStar28

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:06 pm

Originally posted by Peter Haiti:
quote:Originally posted by 3INTBOY:
Still amazed that two teams took their B/U QBs in place of starting players in RD 9. Leaving Fi$sher and I to play QBBC....

Leftwich
Harrington

Priest
LJ (too early but HAD to have him and my WRs let me do it)
Duce Staley
Willie Parker
L. Betts
Ron Dayne

Tory Holt
Javon Walker
A. Lelie
C. CHambers
Matt Jones
R. Fergusen

LJ Smith
B. Watson

Kaeding

Wash D.

It's all up to Priest and those WRs.

3' 3',

We took our B/U QB at 9.13 (Palmer) in NY4. We were looking to grab LJ Smith at that spot, but you snatched him up 5 picks ahead of us. Nice pick. Anyways, we didn't like the other TE possibilities and felt we were pretty solid at that point w/ the following:

QB - Green
RB - Dillon, Portis, Droughns/Suggs
WR - Clayton, Boldin, Stallworth

Plus, we were concerned w/ this thing with Green's leg that might linger/resurface? Glad we made the pick as 9 QBs fell off the board before we came up at 11.13.

Thought we had one of the tougher drafts from looking at the other boards as the only thing abnormal in the early rounds was Priest falling to you at 1.08 ("Christmas" as you put it).

Good luck to all.

Kretch
[/QUOTE]Hey Kretch...Pretty funny I was just looking at my written sportsked grid and was analyzing what transpired.

First and foremost, I think you have a really solid team. If Portis can even slighty improve from 2004 (NFFC scoring) and Dillon remains the same, your 2 RB's will be consistent.

I guess you like Clayton better than Burelson, hence taking him in 3rd round. I prefer Nate, was wishing he would come to me @ 4.04, but maybe better off because I got the coveted 3rd RB.

I def. don't blame you for grabbing C. Palmer..heck I am not sure how much better he will be then Brees....I am just pissed that team 6 would take Delhomme...maybe he was thinking about his investment into the league and if something would happen to P. Manning, then he could basically take $1250 , throw gasoline onto and light a match.

Anyway, good luck, see ya Week #2 (I think)

P.S. May your SeaBass kick many XP's after my Lamont Jordan hits pay dirt each and every Sunday

[ September 05, 2005, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: FI$HER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Mankind

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Mankind » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Say hello to the $100,000 DREAM TEAM:

RD#1- Kevin Jones
RD#2- Tori Holt
RD#3- Nate Burleson
RD#4- Kevin Barlow
RD#5- Jerry Porter
RD#6- Dallas Clark
RD#7- Santana Moss
RD#8- Michael Vick (Great value pick #102)
RD#9- Willie Parker (Steal of the draft, I believe the defending champ took him in the 5th or 6th round, I could be wrong though.)
RD#10- Braylon Edwards (ROY)
RD#11- Najeh Davenport
RD#12- Brian Griese (Mix & match with Volek & Vick)
RD#13- Falcons
RD#14- Ben Troupe
RD#15- Shawn McDonald (Nice sleeper)
RD#16- Shawn Bryson (Handcuff Jones)
RD#17- Billy Volek (Air McNair goes grounded, watch out with Volek and Norm Chow system)
RD#18- Neil Rackers.

Feel free to dismantle my team or give an honest opinion. Good luck to everyone.
"RESERVOIR DOGS" Las Vegas League #7, Pick #11