King of Queens

NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

Post by King of Queens » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. Eligibility

The Championship is open to legal residents of the 50 United States
and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their
states of residence (18, except in Nebraska and Alabama, and 21 in
Mississippi). On the NFFC homepage under the "Questions" link, I am seeing the following:

Q: Can anyone compete in the National Fantasy Football Championship?

A: No. The principal participant must be 21 years of age and cannot reside in the five following states: Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana or Vermont.

Has the state restriction been lifted for all events going forward?

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38 am

In case this was missed on the other boards....Congrats!

And again, when will the free Notre Dame football tickets be incorporated??
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:40 am

If anyone is interested in seeing our NBC logos you can go to FantasySportsMag.com. On the right side of the page you'll see the new NFFC and NFBC logos.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. Eligibility

The Championship is open to legal residents of the 50 United States
and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their
states of residence (18, except in Nebraska and Alabama, and 21 in
Mississippi). On the NFFC homepage under the "Questions" link, I am seeing the following:

Q: Can anyone compete in the National Fantasy Football Championship?

A: No. The principal participant must be 21 years of age and cannot reside in the five following states: Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana or Vermont.

Has the state restriction been lifted for all events going forward?
[/QUOTE]This is a very good question, my son. The NBC lawyers analyzed our rules and made changes to them for the NBC Sports game and within their rules there are no state restrictions and the principal participant can be 18 or older. They used the same law firm we did back in 2004 for our original rules and I am going to discuss this with them on Friday when I see everyone in Manhattan. If they feel that the time has passed to where no states need to be exempt, then we will follow suit.

Good catch, my friend.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:42 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
In case this was missed on the other boards....Congrats!

And again, when will the free Notre Dame football tickets be incorporated?? Thank you and they are Green Bay Packer season tickets. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:57 am

Greg,

I'd like to add my congratulations as you take a giant step in mainstreaming fantasy sports events.

You have listened to the marketplace and step by step made changes to increase participation. You have made the event as fair as you possibly could with KDS and 3RR, removing (as much as possible) draft position bias. You have balanced payouts between head-to-head proponents and total points proponents making the event attractive to fans of both. Now you've taken a giant step to appeal to those who prefer 12 team leagues.

To make the next great leap will require the sponsors to bring something to the plate other than their good name... I'm talking about $$. The existing payout structure leaves fantasy football far short of poker payouts, for example. My understanding is that the WSOP Main Event pays out 94% of entry fees. Yes, I understand that poker players bring revenues to Vegas other than their play in the WSOP and there are TV revenues. etc. But that's where we have to go.

I have a suggestion. How about NBC kicking in an inaugural season sweetener to their new enterprise. How about a small indication of their belief in this partnership like $50,000 added to the prize pool (not just the top prize). That would bring payouts to over 80%, very attractive.

[ April 22, 2008, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: JerseyPaul ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:02 am

The NBC event logo is now on the FantasySportsMag.com site as well if you want to check it out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:09 am

NBC Sports FF Championship

(picture of Big Ben)

Rotoworld and F + W Publications have teamed up for the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship.

(linked to copy of Greg's article on Rotoworld)

from the NBC>msnbc>fantasy side

[ April 22, 2008, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Captain Hook ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Greg,

I'd like to add my congratulations as you take a giant step in mainstreaming fantasy sports events.

You have listened to the marketplace and step by step made changes to increase participation. You have made the event as fair as you possibly could with KDS and 3RR, removing (as much as possible) draft position bias. You have balanced payouts between head-to-head proponents and total points proponents making the event attractive to fans of both. Now you've taken a giant step to appeal to those who prefer 12 team leagues.

To make the next great leap will require the sponsors to bring something to the plate other than their good name... I'm talking about $$. The existing payout structure leaves fantasy football far short of poker payouts, for example. My understanding is that the WSOP Main Event pays out 94% of entry fees. Yes, I understand that poker players bring revenues to Vegas other than their play in the WSOP and there are TV revenues. etc. But that's where we have to go.

I have a suggestion. How about NBC kicking in an inaugural season sweetener to their new enterprise. How about a small indication of their belief in this partnership like $50,000 added to the prize pool (not just the top prize). That would bring payouts to about 80%, a bit more attractive. These are all good points Paul and I know where you are coming from. The NBC Sports FFC payout right now is 76.1%, while the NFFC is at 75%. I know everyone doesn't understand the expense side of live events, but a big chunk after prizes goes out to run the events, promote the events and run the contest. But that's not a concern to the players and it shouldn't be.

I agree that title sponsorship is the gravy in all of this. To get big sponsorship dollars, however, you need big exposure. More people than just 400 per event. Even WCOFF is too small for the type of dollars you're talking about. So the next step must be big numbers online, an existing content site with numbers in the millions and eventually TV. Those are all the tickets that need to be punched first to get this to a higher level.

Interestingly, yesterday someone from the WSOP called me to see if I wanted to take out the inside front cover ad for their live events. They sell 10,000 programs during the WSOP in Las Vegas and he could give me the inside cover ad for $14,999!!! :D You are right, they have profit there in the WSOP!!! :D We're not there yet....we don't even have an NFFC game program. ;)

Your points are well taken. You know I've listened to all suggestions in the past. But you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. We went from crawling to walking. I look forward to the day when we can run.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
NBC Sports FF Championship

(picture of Big Ben)

Rotoworld and F + W Publications have teamed up for the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship.

(linked to copy of Greg's article on Rotoworld)

That's nice Perry: www.rotoworld.com on the home page. Nice.

Yes, MSNBC will be promoting our events, too. Wow, it's nice to have big partners. Thanks for this heads up.

from the NBC>msnbc>fantasy side