Post by King of Queens » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:18 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. Eligibility

The Championship is open to legal residents of the 50 United States
and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their
states of residence (18, except in Nebraska and Alabama, and 21 in
Mississippi). On the NFFC homepage under the "Questions" link, I am seeing the following:

Q: Can anyone compete in the National Fantasy Football Championship?

A: No. The principal participant must be 21 years of age and cannot reside in the five following states: Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana or Vermont.

Has the state restriction been lifted for all events going forward?
[/QUOTE]This is a very good question, my son. The NBC lawyers analyzed our rules and made changes to them for the NBC Sports game and within their rules there are no state restrictions and the principal participant can be 18 or older. They used the same law firm we did back in 2004 for our original rules and I am going to discuss this with them on Friday when I see everyone in Manhattan. If they feel that the time has passed to where no states need to be exempt, then we will follow suit.

Good catch, my friend.
[/QUOTE]Since the fantasy sports carve-out didn't exist in 2004, I think NBC's lawyers are probably on-the-mark here.

JerseyPaul

NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:01 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Your points are well taken. You know I've listened to all suggestions in the past. But you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. We went from crawling to walking. I look forward to the day when we can run. You HAVE listened. I know, since some of these changes look like suggestions I've seen here ;)

This will be an interesting year for me in deciding how to allocate my ff budget. Last year I bet that WCOFF would not reach it's aggressive attendance goal so the "implied odds" would be very good for the players. I was right. This year my bet is that they will be have to fix that with a combination of entry fee and prize adjustments. I think NBC-NFFC will be the beneficiary if that happens.

Last thought. The WCOFF Super Satellite Event with a limited number of leagues and a straight H2H (NCAA style) playoff was very well received. I particularly enjoyed it as I came in third. I'd love to see a similar event here. I'll be sign-up #1 for it. I think that an entry fee in the $350 area would fund a free entry for all the league winners (12 team leagues) plus fund a playoff pool of $10,000/$5,000/$3000/$2000 with 16 playoff teams, including wildcards.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Your points are well taken. You know I've listened to all suggestions in the past. But you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. We went from crawling to walking. I look forward to the day when we can run. Last thought. The WCOFF Super Satellite Event with a limited number of leagues and a straight H2H (NCAA style) playoff was very well received. I particularly enjoyed it as I came in third. I'd love to see a similar event here. I'll be sign-up #1 for it. I think that an entry fee in the $350 area would fund a free entry for all the league winners (12 team leagues) plus fund a playoff pool of $10,000/$5,000/$3000/$2000 with 16 playoff teams, including wildcards.
[/QUOTE]How's it going JP?

Consider me signup #2 if the NFFC could make this happen, as I would love to keep the majority of my $$ RIGHT HERE (and prefer the 14 team format).

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Your points are well taken. You know I've listened to all suggestions in the past. But you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. We went from crawling to walking. I look forward to the day when we can run. You HAVE listened. I know, since some of these changes look like suggestions I've seen here ;)

This will be an interesting year for me in deciding how to allocate my ff budget. Last year I bet that WCOFF would not reach it's aggressive attendance goal so the "implied odds" would be very good for the players. I was right. This year my bet is that they will be have to fix that with a combination of entry fee and prize adjustments. I think NBC-NFFC will be the beneficiary if that happens.

Last thought. The WCOFF Super Satellite Event with a limited number of leagues and a straight H2H (NCAA style) playoff was very well received. I particularly enjoyed it as I came in third. I'd love to see a similar event here. I'll be sign-up #1 for it. I think that an entry fee in the $350 area would fund a free entry for all the league winners (12 team leagues) plus fund a playoff pool of $10,000/$5,000/$3000/$2000 with 16 playoff teams, including wildcards.
[/QUOTE]I am still trying to figure out my online championship model and this is definitely one of the options available. I like the $250, $350, $500 levels and may offer a few different games at those prices. This is the one component I have not finalized yet and won't need to until our online set is finalized. I believe this is an area of the market that needs strong representation and I hope to fill part of that void.

Thanks for the suggestion....again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Greg and Tom,

Congrats on you new partnership!!! I can see this as a tremendous opportunity plus all of us football junkies can now stay within the nffc to get our fill of fantasy football. :D

Let's assume that I wanted to be in as many drafts and auctions as possible the Friday - Sunday at the end of August, what would my schedule look like? Are times overlapping? And most importantly, how much do I write my check for to do everything in Chicago?

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg and Tom,

Congrats on you new partnership!!! I can see this as a tremendous opportunity plus all of us football junkies can now stay within the nffc to get our fill of fantasy football. :D

Let's assume that I wanted to be in as many drafts and auctions as possible the Friday - Sunday at the end of August, what would my schedule look like? Are times overlapping? And most importantly, how much do I write my check for to do everything in Chicago?

Wayne Wayne,

Here is the Chicago combined schedule. You could do two $650 events on Friday, two $1300 events on Saturday and then anything you wanted on Sunday as there is one event at noon and one event at 4:00. So write it out for $2,600 now and add anything else on Sunday.

Of course, get ready for a HEAVY slate of satellite leagues under both formats!!! :D

Here's your schedule of events:

CHICAGO, Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center

1551 N. Thoreau Dr.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
(847) 303-4100

Friday, August 29:
11 a.m.: NFFC Draft Champions Leagues begin
NBC Sports FFC Auction Leagues begin
4 p.m.: NFFC Auction Leagues begin
NBC Sports FFC Draft Champions Leagues begin

Saturday, August 30:
10 a.m.: Registration open for the NFFC main event
Noon: National Fantasy Football Championship begins
4 p.m.: Registration open for NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship
6 p.m.: NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship drafts begin

Sunday, August 31:
Noon: $5,000 NFFC Ultimate Draft Leagues begin
$2,500 NBC Sports Super Draft Leagues begin
4 p.m.: $2,500 NFFC Super Draft Leagues begin
$5,000 NBC Sports Ultimate Draft Leagues begin
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Greg, I'm assuming the same schedule exists for Orlando?

If so, I need to add a part time Sales position. Know of anyone hiring? :D

My wife :mad: will kill me for committing $3900 to the live drafts this year. Not including the Sunday events! :eek:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:51 pm

NBC Leagues will be 3RR and KDS, correct?

I think there is a typo in the rules TK posted earlier today. It says Round Reversal beginning in the 3rd. I know it explains it as a 3RR, but it just doesn't specifically say that.

2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Congrats again, Greg and Tom and crew!

I echo Jersey Paul's posts, and of all the folks in this industry...I have the most faith that you can make it work, (with your open mind, honesty, experience and hard work) and get to the "running" phase without getting too corporately dominated.

I'll agree...your work is just starting!

Back up the Corona truck...it's gonna be a wild summer!!!

~Lance :D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:55 pm

WOW...decisions, decisions...we all went from having two primary main events (NFFC, WCOFF) roughly two weeks ago to now having four (NFFC, NBC Sports, WCOFF, and the FFPC). Can't forget all the ancillary leagues (Auction, DM, Super, Ultimate) and satellites. The fix is getting more expensive...but ya' gotta love all the options.
Living the dream!