NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Maybe I'm mis-reading Greg's posts where he mentions that he will still be running the fantasy games and the other side of the JV will be doing most of the marketing.

That makes sense to me since he is the expert here in the high-stakes fantasy football world.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
[QUOTE]the jury is certainly still out on this merger/acquisition/partnership What, about this, did I mis-read?

It appears you're saying that the jury is still out on the merger/acquisition/partnership.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:20 pm

...blah,blah,blah "progression" SNAKEconsensus (and answer to your question) blah,blah,blah,blah The Serpent here, blah,blah,blah,blah,more blah, BillyWazass, blah,blah SNAKE blah,blah,blah,blah...SNAKE Condensed version of 99.8% of the posts :rolleyes:

Here's a thought.... If you know what's going to happen, don't spend your money!!!

Thanks again for another round of clueless insight.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SNAKE:
[qb] [QUOTE]the jury is certainly still out on this merger/acquisition/partnership What, about this, did I mis-read?

It appears you're saying that the jury is still out on the merger/acquisition/partnership.
[/QUOTE]...uhm...only THIS...SNAKE

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
[QUOTE]It appears some in the "jury" are ready to offer a verdict before the trial gets started. Is there the possibility that I wasn't referring to your post when discussing your reference to the FF community as the jury?

There are others on this MB offering opinions of the day's news.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:45 pm

When will a guy start a high stakes fantasy league with the intention to keep it Mom and Pop?

Not sure if that's gonna ever happen.

It's natural to want to be the biggest and best.

What used to be the "Best High Stakes Game on Earth" could/would later be dwarfed in size and player pool and prizes to look more like a pay-to-play version of the old-boys network Expert Leagues.

The veteran players "egos" and friendships would be all the Mom and Pop store would really have after a few years.

Unless they kept upping the payout percentage till it was the top shelf, and kept upping the entry each year to make it exclusive and prestigeous, yet smallish. (like 5,000 entry, then 10,000, then more)

It's grow or die to a degree in the online domain.

Sad, but quite natural from a business viewpoint. :(

~Lance

[ April 22, 2008, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver