NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:29 am

For the record, I have no problem with people voicing their concerns on our boards. Mike did that and I appreciate his points and look forward to addressing those. SNAKE also is concerned that the good ol' days of Tom and Greg being accessible to run these leagues like their own are over with. Fine, I'll address that. Make your point and be done with it.

If you are an NFFC owner, having NBC Sports as our flagship brand can only be a positive. We will grow to 396 teams and gain more exposure for our event and our customers. They will help us find more event and title sponsors and make the brand recognizable and even more legitimate.

If you are worried about us adding a second event, that's a concern I'll gladly address. We feel with four hotels already secured and people already paying to travel to our venues, that filling up Saturday with a second more-common 12-team format makes sense. From a business standpoint, it's on our shoulders to pull it off.

So there's a lot here. Join me this morning on the Live Chat if you have more questions. And Snake, you know you can talk with me personally in New York this weekend, so there's no more need for an 8,239th post here. See you on Saturday and I look forward to our face-to-face discussion about all of this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:07 am

I'll say this I am very happy that a Big player is onboard. I want the Million Dollar payout.
On the phone I have told this to Emil and Jesse. By Email to Greg and Lenny. In person to Tom.
I want this to be on TV as well. Like Poker.

If you don't want this, than just play in local Leagues. But I see this as Great news and only as Great news. I can't wait until Draft time.

davidd23

Post by davidd23 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:37 am

great news guys. your hard work has really paid off in this deal and i look forward to all the great leagues that will be available.

renman

Post by renman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:59 am

This place amazes me. How are people not able to see the residual positives for the fantasy players? Do people not understand cross promotion/marketing? Do they not see the enormous potential of having a major media outlet/network contributing to the foundation of this event? Do people really think that suddenly Tom and Greg are going to disappear behind their desks and not be hands on with their baby here and be accessible? When major sponsors see the value (and with the letters NBC connected to this they will) in being involved with this fantasy sports machine the fantasy players will get to see benefit. What downside could anyone possibly see with this? Years ago this was my long-term vision for where fantasy sports could go with the proper leadership and event(s). I think it is an absolute homerun. Just my opinion.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:03 am

Good post James. This is a great day for us but as Greg said it's also a great day for the fantasy industry as well. The future of our business resides with major corporations seeing the value of being in this space. NBC has seen that. Dick Ebersol signed off on this deal quickly when told about it. That's a pretty powerful statement in my opinion about how much value and potential this industry is creating.

Obviously things will change but the change will all be for the better. Greg and I aren't going anywhere. We won't be replaced by automotrons. You guys will still be able to email us, call us, ask us questions here and on the NFBC boards (and perhaps elsewhere - stay tuned). So this isn't a case of big business pushing aside. It's a case of big business wanting to partner with us because they see the value in what we have created here.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
See you on Saturday and I look forward to our face-to-face discussion about all of this. I would love to be there to see this. Hopefully Snake figures it out by Saturday that he was disrespectful, and apologizes to Greg.

Although I doubt that happens, I am hoping he shows Greg (and others) MUCH more respect in person than he does behind his keyboard.

Yesterday was a GREAT day for ALL who are interested in seeing high stakes sports grow. Like someone said, if you want small, play in local or 10 team Yahoo leagues.

It truly is a shame that a select few can't comprehend that.

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Are the satellite leagues 12 or 14 teams? If I missed it, I do apologize.

Weren't the league payouts higher for the main events in 2007? Still looking for answers regarding my original post.

Thanks

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:27 am

THERE ARE BOTH KINDS TURBOUGH. ALL OF THE NBC EVENTS (MAIN, AUCTION, DC, ETC) ARE 12 TEAMS WHILE ALL THE NFFC SATELLITES REMAIN UNCHANGED.

THEY HAVE BOTH OPTIONS NOW!!!! WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE FLEXIBLE FOR US.

AS FAR AS THE LEAGUE PAYOUTS THOSE HAVE REMAINED UNCHANGED AS WELL.

[ April 23, 2008, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: KOTRAX ]

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:29 am

They posted payouts on $150, $250 etc. on the first page but I don't see if those are 12 or 14. I was a bit confused by the whole thing.

Has the league payouts for the main event changed? I thought the league payouts out $7500 between the top 2 positions.

Thanks

[ April 23, 2008, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: TURBOUGH ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:30 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
quote:Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Are the satellite leagues 12 or 14 teams? If I missed it, I do apologize.

Weren't the league payouts higher for the main events in 2007? Still looking for answers regarding my original post.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]Sorry Darryl, I did miss this. We will have 14-team NFFC satellite leagues this year and 12-team NBC Sports satellite leagues. I will post the prizes links in the NBC forum now for those.

The NFFC main event league payouts have increased by $250 each as we increased third place from $1,000 to $1,250. The NBC Sports league payouts are obviously less than the NFFC league payouts because there are two less teams and obviously $2,600 less to distribute (actually $1,950 less in prize money). So second place is $2,000 not $2,500 and third place is $700 not $1,250. But the overall prize payout for the NBC contest is just slightly higher (less than 1%) than the NFFC just because of the way the number of teams worked out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius