NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Ok, all fun aside, I think this move by NBC is genius. With them not having a television contract with the NFL, what better way to penetrate the fans then to dive into Fantasy sports?!

This may not have been a consideration, but a nice side benefit nonetheless IMO. My nominee for dumbest post of the year. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:53 pm

- dude, your going to end up being banned from 2 boards in one year.. you just can't stop..

Greg? just give him his own thread, let him post there.. this was supposed to be a fun post about NBC. we are all excited and i have to scroll through 6 pages of bullshit to get to any real posts on the NBC topics that were supposed to be discussed? Snake just stop posting or post on another thread. Thank you.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I thought Lenny retired. ;)

~Lance ...rue the day when The Serpent and others are unable to state their thoughts and opinions honestly on this MB, rue the day!...The Serpent certainly hopes and prays that this is not a sign of things to come...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

Don't try to play "mr. innocent" now. While the others (Mike, Johnny, etc.) discussed CONCERNS, you have to use the words "SELLING OUT". :mad:
You think you are Howard Stern or something, and can say whatever the hell you want!

If this was the first time you left the NFFC out to dry, Greg might look the other way. However last year you challenged the integrity of Greg when picking draft slots, you have had NUMEROUS issues with MANY MBer's for your entire duration on these boards, etc, etc.

You "pride yourself" on being different (talking in 3rd person, creating an argument in virtually EVERY situation,etc.), and ironically, it will be your demise.

You also "pride yourself" on "no one can tell Snake what to do!" (with your chest all puffed out) as is evident that Greg SPECIFICALLY told you not to post anymore, and you wait until he is off the thread and start posting AGAIN!

You simply can't be tactful, courteous, or respectful etc. to ANYONE.

Have you noticed since I have not been on the boards as much, you have started attacking Russ (calling him Comrade Wuss). Greg is right, you simply can't stop attacking people! :mad:

I hope you get EXACTLY what you deserve.

Sorry for the rant Greg, but I for one am completely fed up with Snake's nonsense and disrespect (talking down to EVERYONE)!

[ April 24, 2008, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:08 pm

Originally posted by weber:
- dude, your going to end up being banned from 2 boards in one year.. you just can't stop..
snake is treating greg much like he's treated MB participants for YEARS. no respect. even when greg told him to keep his trap shut, he still has the F-YOU attitude to post again and again. TOTAL lack of respect for greg.

greg is seeing first-hand what other MB participants have been going through when dealing with snake. hopefully snake has made his last post FOREVER and potential NFFC/NFBC customers haven't been scared away.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:35 am

So, now that NBC has a contract with both the NFL and NFFC, how long before members of this MB are parodied on SNL?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:12 am

Russ,

My co manager in the NFFC was parodied a few years ago on the Bob and Tom show. They saw his wedding announcement in the Evansville newspaper and were just going off on him about how much his fiancee must love him. The reason for all of this is that his name is Bob Swallows.

I can see the SNL skits now....

Wayne

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:15 am

Wayne,

That is pretty freakin' funny!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:21 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Russ,

My co manager in the NFFC was parodied a few years ago on the Bob and Tom show. They saw his wedding announcement in the Evansville newspaper and were just going off on him about how much his fiancee must love him. The reason for all of this is that his name is Bob Swallows.

I can see the SNL skits now....

Wayne Wayne,

I remember that! Too funny.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:39 am

Am I correct in that on Friday, if we want to do 2 drafts, we basically have to decide:

Only NFFC events
Only NBC Events
or

Only DCs
Only Auctions

If the events are running opposite each other, that seems to be the case.

If so, that makes it a tough choice! I may begin looking for a Florida partner just so I can touch all of the events.

Or, I may look into cloning prior to the big weekend! :D