NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:16 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Am I correct in that on Friday, if we want to do 2 drafts, we basically have to decide:

Only NFFC events
Only NBC Events
or

Only DCs
Only Auctions

If the events are running opposite each other, that seems to be the case.

If so, that makes it a tough choice! I may begin looking for a Florida partner just so I can touch all of the events.

Or, I may look into cloning prior to the big weekend! :D You can certainly do one NBC event and one NFFC event on Friday, but obviously we've staggered the offerings so that if someone wants to do both auction leagues they can and both Draft Champions leagues they can. Time is limited, so we had to double up on Friday to give everyone a chance to play the format they wanted.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I thought Lenny retired. ;)

~Lance Lance, there's a time and a place for everything. This wasn't the time nor the place for what happened among the 12+ posts from someone. As a parent, you realize that sometimes you can teach your kids lessons with soft love, but then there are those times when your three-year-old just won't listen to reason and a spanking and sending to his room is the best course of action. That was needed here. ;) As a parent, I trust you understand. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Ok, all fun aside, I think this move by NBC is genius. Let me just add to this. Think about where NBC Sports and NBCSports.com was just three years ago and where they are today and you can understand this move a little better. Three years ago before NBC Sports got the Sunday Night NFL contract, it had NO presence in the fantasy sports space. None. No games, no fantasy content, nothing, while ESPN, CBS and Fox were rolling in customers through their fantasy offerings over the previous decade.

NBC Sports made the wise move to acquire Rotoworld.com three years ago and had instant traffic to their fantasy space and ideal fantasy content along with a few games. Together they grew the fantasy content site, increased advertising revenue and created a few unique fantasy games like the free contest with a $100,000 grand prize last football season.

Now we come along and they see an opportunity to be a leader in the live high-stakes events, while possibly adding in more online fantasy games. They have a chance to now be a leader in the games area three years after not having a single fantasy game. I think there are many ways we can work together in this space. And beyond that, well, the sky is the limit. F+W Publications has data bases of every single collectible in just about every single hobby field and NBC has Bravo.com and many other sites just looking for content. Think outside the box like we are doing and honestly this could be the start of a very good relationship. ;)

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:37 am

Greg, you may have stated this already, but it's been a lot to take in, and I might have missed it...

Are you guys still going to use STATS ?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Ok, all fun aside, I think this move by NBC is genius. Let me just add to this. Think about where NBC Sports and NBCSports.com was just three years ago and where they are today and you can understand this move a little better. Three years ago before NBC Sports got the Sunday Night NFL contract, it had NO presence in the fantasy sports space. None. No games, no fantasy content, nothing, while ESPN, CBS and Fox were rolling in customers through their fantasy offerings over the previous decade.

NBC Sports made the wise move to acquire Rotoworld.com three years ago and had instant traffic to their fantasy space and ideal fantasy content along with a few games. Together they grew the fantasy content site, increased advertising revenue and created a few unique fantasy games like the free contest with a $100,000 grand prize last football season.

Now we come along and they see an opportunity to be a leader in the live high-stakes events, while possibly adding in more online fantasy games. They have a chance to now be a leader in the games area three years after not having a single fantasy game. I think there are many ways we can work together in this space. And beyond that, well, the sky is the limit. F+W Publications has data bases of every single collectible in just about every single hobby field and NBC has Bravo.com and many other sites just looking for content. Think outside the box like we are doing and honestly this could be the start of a very good relationship. ;)
[/QUOTE]Greg, great post. And thank you for pulling that quote from my idiocy above. :D

A bright future awaits us all!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:42 am

Greg/Tom,

Also, will you guys still be involved in fantasysportsmag.com, or will you put everything into the new site?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:10 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg, you may have stated this already, but it's been a lot to take in, and I might have missed it...

Are you guys still going to use STATS ? Yes, yes, yes. There was a story on a business site that kind of hinted that eventually we'd take the back-end support to Allstar Stats, but that is not accurate. We will redesign our initial landing page for all of our events and create a new NBC Sports game site, but STATS is definitely our back-end provider for 2008 and as far as I can see. They are perfect for what we need and F+W and NBC will concentrate on increasing revenue and not worrying about this expense. It's money well spent.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:11 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg/Tom,

Also, will you guys still be involved in fantasysportsmag.com, or will you put everything into the new site? That is being discussed internally. I know how Tom feels and I concur. We have a great opportunity to add this content and more on Rotoworld.com and I will be discussing that with them tomorrow. So we'll see about this free site and its future.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:42 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...The Serpent is extremely sorry that this thread has been derailed and will do his part to have this particular thread run it's intended course by hereby refraining fom posting here...SNAKE i didn't know a snake could put his tail between his legs and run off
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:43 am

greg - any thought to adding thursday evening events, aka DC and Auctions. this might be an option for Vegas? participants would be in fantasy football nirvana, Thursday - Sunday!!!! :D :cool: :D

[ April 24, 2008, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?