NBC Sports Partners With The NFFC

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:06 am

Hey Jeff, Greg and I have both touched on your first question. We both believe the 14-team format has been established in our industry and we're not worried about it losing momentum. If it does, that tells us we were backing the wrong horse the entire time. But I don't believe that will happen and neither does Greg. It's certainly possible the NBC event will surpass the NFFC in time. That wouldn't surprise either of us. But we still believe we've established a great event with the NFFC and it will continue to attract quality participants and remain one of the leaders in the high-stakes industry.

As far as the second question, as we sit here today there are no licensing issues to be concerned about. The court's ruling on that issue has been clear. But should something arise in the future, it is nice to know we have a strong company such as NBC working with us.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:46 am

Greg and Tom,

There have been discussions before about redesigning the front page of our individual login page with stats - is that in the works for this year? It would be nice to have the Live leagues together, the auctions together, the draft masters together. Right now it's somewhat chaotic.

I'm definitely excited about this announcement! I see great things as a result of this.

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 am

Hey Wayne, we can definitely talk to STATS about making the team pages more accommodating.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:24 am

Tom, I see you're on and off today...Why not start a THURSDAY CHAT with T.K.?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:25 am

I was thinking of doing one tomorrow. How's that?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:45 am

I'm there!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:07 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
will any of the NBC draft champion sats be auctions? pretty please? We will have to think about that. We had a bad experience with online baseball auction leagues this year and we promised ourselves never to do them again. You'll have to talk Tom into that one as he has two nights in March that he'd like to have back. :D [/QUOTE]how were the football auctions last year? the ones i did had no problems that i knew of.

hey Tom, NBC satellite draft champion auctions brother. hook us up!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:11 am

Boutrous, some people had problems with the site freezing up on them during the draft(s). As a result, they lost their bids on the player being brought up at the time. I never had that happen to me, but a few people have complained of this problem, so it's something that should be looked into. I also recommend adding a few seconds to the bidding time so that everyone has a little more time if they have to refresh their screen.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:19 am

wait, are there not going to be any auctions satellites period? just occured to me that that's what is being insinuated. that's a shame.

was the same site used for baseball as football?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:24 am

I'm pretty sure that Tom or Greg haven't said anything about absolutely NOT having the online auctions. They just haven't come up with any dates for them. In my own experiences, I've seen that the online auction satellites have all stemmed from people asking for them, on the messageboards. So if you're ready to start a thread and get some signups, be my guest! I may just enter. As long as it's LATE May, or later, I'd have a problem turning down any type of auction format, as long as it pays out the top three.

Marc

[ April 24, 2008, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]