Quitters ruin this contest....

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:50 am

I'M WITH YOU ON THAT KEVIN. I REALLY THINK THAT WOULD BE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:18 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Nice photo Steve. Doesn't it look like Greg is cheating off my exam paper? :D sumthing has to be done.instead of not paying attention to the problem and making a joke out of it. integrity is everything.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Nice photo Steve. Doesn't it look like Greg is cheating off my exam paper? :D sumthing has to be done.instead of not paying attention to the problem and making a joke out of it. integrity is everything. [/QUOTE]Frankie, we understand the frustration of some owners towards this problem, but there is a can of worms to open in every direction on this subject. WCOFF is trying something to address this problem now and I hate to say it but that's a tough, tough way to go. To have the event managers be responsible for changing players out of teams' starting lineups only when alerted by league members sets up a lot of crazy scenarios. EVERYONE needs to be on board with that rule then.

As far as incentivizing owners with a surtax or added fee, some would go for that and many others likely would not. Guess who wouldn't? It's hard enough to get 300+ owners at $1400 each to compete in the NFFC; adding another $100 makes it tougher. I understand the logic and like it, but it's tough for every single league.

For me, you have to hope that owners who pay this kind of entry fee will be on top of their team right through Week 13. I'm in other high stakes leagues with just 11 week regular seasons and yes I've seen some teams not compete the whole way. But it happens.

This is a tough one from a game operator's standpoint and my hope is that NFFC owners are passionate enough to compete right until the bitter end. But there isn't a league around where that happens 100 percent of the time.

It's a good discussion with some good ideas. Just no easy answers.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Maybe we can embarass people into playing out the string...I'll start...

In the Primetime Chicago League 3, Peter Schoenke of rotowire.com played his kicker who was on a bye in week 10 and this week he played Dwayne Bowe AND Larry Johnson...considering his flex was Steve Slaton and he had the likes of Austin Collie, Michael Jenkins and Joshua Cribbs on his bench he could've played Slaton at RB instead of LJ and had any 2 of the WR's listed above to play WR instead of Bowe and Flexed the other. He also still has $123 in free agent money if he didn't like his choices on his bench!

I know, he probably didn't know that Dwayne Bowe was suspended!

RotoWire Update Recommendation
KC 11/17/2009
Bowe has been suspended four games for violating the league's performance enhancing drugs policy, Kent Babb of the KC Star reports. This is a very tough break for Bowe...Join Now for Full Analysis!

OOPS!!! :eek:
Nope I guess that theory is shot...the "recommendation" above is from His own website!!!
:eek: :eek:

And I looked in the transactions, he actually put LJ in his lineup on 11/22!!!

He probably thought LJ had a good matchup against the Steelers I guess :D Oh wait, he actually did know that LJ got suspended and released by the Chiefs and was playing for the Bengals...

CIN 11/22/2009
Johnson will likely see around eight touches against the Raiders on Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports. If Cedric Benson doesn't play as ex...Join Now for Full Analysis!

Again, his own website... :eek: :eek:

So maybe he only tries when he has a chance and maybe some guys think that's ok. I'm not one of them and I won't be going to rotowire.com for anything! Why would anybody ever pay for his advice?!?

It surprises me that a guy who makes his living in this very industry would stop playing, especially since he's probably playing against some of his own customers. Maybe he's embarassed because some "amateurs" are spanking him but come on Peter Schoenke, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!! :mad:
Pat Sorge

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Maybe we can embarass people into playing out the string...I'll start...

In the Primetime Chicago League 3, Peter Schoenke of rotowire.com played his kicker who was on a bye in week 10 and this week he played Dwayne Bowe AND Larry Johnson...considering his flex was Steve Slaton and he had the likes of Austin Collie, Michael Jenkins and Joshua Cribbs on his bench he could've played Slaton at RB instead of LJ and had any 2 of the WR's listed above to play WR instead of Bowe and Flexed the other. He also still has $123 in free agent money if he didn't like his choices on his bench!

I know, he probably didn't know that Dwayne Bowe was suspended!

KC 11/17/2009
Bowe has been suspended four games for violating the league's performance enhancing drugs policy, Kent Babb of the KC Star reports. This is a very tough break for Bowe...Join Now for Full Analysis!

OOPS!!! :eek:
Nope I guess that theory is shot...the "recommendation" above is from His own website!!!
:eek: :eek:

And I looked in the transactions, he actually put LJ in his lineup on 11/22!!!

He probably thought LJ had a good matchup against the Steelers I guess :D Oh wait, he actually did know that LJ got suspended and released by the Chiefs and was playing for the Bengals...

CIN 11/22/2009
Johnson will likely see around eight touches against the Raiders on Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports. If Cedric Benson doesn't play as ex...Join Now for Full Analysis!

Again, his own website... :eek: :eek:

So maybe he only tries when he has a chance and maybe some guys think that's ok. I'm not one of them and I won't be going to rotowire.com for anything! Why would anybody ever pay for his advice?!?

It surprises me that a guy who makes his living in this very industry would stop playing, especially since he's probably playing against some of his own customers. Maybe he's embarassed because some "amateurs" are spanking him but come on Peter Schoenke, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!! :mad: Well done jerk off.

Pete had a baby boy Saturday night.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
Well done jerk off.

Pete had a baby boy Saturday night. That's great news for him, but is it an excuse for quitting a contest in midstream? Unless he hatched the baby himself, I think he could've taken 30 seconds to set his lineup.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
Well done jerk off.

Pete had a baby boy Saturday night. That's great news for him, but is it an excuse for quitting a contest in midstream? Unless he hatched the baby himself, I think he could've taken 30 seconds to set his lineup.
[/QUOTE]maybe he sets his lineups every Sat night or Sunday morning and had something more important this weekend. ya think?

I've played against Pete in several leagues over the past decade and I've never seen anything like this.

This attack on Pete is unwarranted.

Wow, I guess if you play high stakes fantasy football, you can't ever go to the hospital over the weekend. Heaven forbid.

Make sure your wife only has kids on a weekday.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

]Well done jerk off.

Pete had a baby boy Saturday night. [/quote]

aaaahahahahaha

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:57 am

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Well done jerk off.

[/QUOTE]maybe he sets his lineups every Sat night or Sunday morning and had something more important this weekend. ya think?

I've played against Pete in several leagues over the past decade and I've never seen anything like this.

Wow, I guess if you play high stakes fantasy football, you can't ever go to the hospital over the weekend. Heaven forbid.

[/QUOTE]He didn't bother to pick up a kicker on a bye in week 10, either.

He is in last place of our league (and 6 from the bottom in the overall standings).

Although he obviously has more important stuff going on right now (congrats by the way! :D ), I don't think it is out of line to assume he has left his team for dead.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:19 am

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Well done jerk off.

[/QUOTE]John it only takes a minute to keep a full lineup.
Also no kicker the week before.Im sorry this is two weeks of quiting.He has know ****@d this league up and you cant go back.Forgetting a kicker one week or a defense can happen once in a while but two week's in a row is quiting.That he works for Rotowire is just unreal.
On another note i hope the baby and family are very healthy.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!