Eddie Gillis Profile

BillyWaz

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:56 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Hey guy's thank's for the prop's.Having this start has been great but we still have so far to go but i will try like hell to stay on top.One thing about my nffc main is the debth, this week i could only play one of Donald Driver ,Lance Moore ,OR Owen Daniels.
So when the bye week's come im pretty sure i can put out a good lineup.If tough sitting guys like Driver so the bye's will actually make some decision's a little easier.Injurie's will be the biggest factor down the stretch but so far so good.Anyway's thank's all and pretty cool to get on rotoworld if that does happen. Eddie G Eddie,

I agree 100% that depth is often an overlooked factor in a team's success. If you can start a Donald Driver on a bye week, and many others are starting a Hank Baskett/Michael Jenkins type (not this week I hope! :eek: ) then that is a HUGE advantage.

Often times people focus too much on injuries, "luck", etc. when the teams who are doing well are doing well because of a good draft and/or good WW management.

Good luck! :D
[/QUOTE]...depth is also a double edged sword as more often than not one can have too many "good" choices and inevitably the wrong start/sit decision is made accordingly...but then that is open for interpretation of an owner's roster management skills which is a whole different discussion here then, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Very true Glenn!

Inf4life

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by Inf4life » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:59 am

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
Hey guy's thank's for the prop's.Having this start has been great but we still have so far to go but i will try like hell to stay on top.One thing about my nffc main is the debth, this week i could only play one of Donald Driver ,Lance Moore ,OR Owen Daniels.
So when the bye week's come im pretty sure i can put out a good lineup.If tough sitting guys like Driver so the bye's will actually make some decision's a little easier.Injurie's will be the biggest factor down the stretch but so far so good.Anyway's thank's all and pretty cool to get on rotoworld if that does happen. Eddie G Eddie,

I agree 100% that depth is often an overlooked factor in a team's success. If you can start a Donald Driver on a bye week, and many others are starting a Hank Baskett/Michael Jenkins type (not this week I hope! :eek: ) then that is a HUGE advantage.

Often times people focus too much on injuries, "luck", etc. when the teams who are doing well are doing well because of a good draft and/or good WW management.

[/QUOTE]...depth is also a double edged sword as more often than not one can have too many "good" choices and inevitably the wrong start/sit decision is made accordingly...but then that is open for interpretation of an owner's roster management skills which is a whole different discussion here then, eh?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Very true SNAKE!
[/QUOTE]...do you see how peaceful and harmonious things could be around here if you would simply agree with SNAKE like this all of the time Billyboy?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Give me a break. :rolleyes:
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Tom Kessenich

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 am

Guys, this is a profile about Eddie and the strong start to his season. Can we please keep all the extracurricular stuff out of at least one thread? Is that too much to ask?

Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Eddiejag

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 am

YEAH Snake lets show a little respect , most of your words have been just a little negative.Do you really believe after the bye's ild be middle of the pack.
Hard to believe you agreed with that one.With this start im hoping to be at least top 20 and if that's to high then top 50 and getting into the playoff's.
Now i know your having a goOd year LET'S hear about your teams and depth if you dont mind or anyone else who likes their squad and think they can make a move.Billy you too as your team is worthy of discussion.Renmen has a nice team also and likes fantasy talk , jump in.But lets play nice.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Inf4life

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by Inf4life » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 am

It's a shame that a good thread like this about a long time member who is doing something that is very note worthy got hijacked. And who did it get hijacked by?? That question needs no answer. Good job so far Eddie. Hopefully we will see you in the playoffs this year.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

BillyWaz

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:41 pm

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:

[/QUOTE]Very true SNAKE!
[/QUOTE]...do you see how peaceful and harmonious things could be around here if you would simply agree with SNAKE like this all of the time Billyboy?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]I asked you VERY nicely to NOT change my words in my thread just 2 or 3 days ago.

Greg then has asked you AGAIN not to do it, and you pleaded ignorance.

You told Greg you wouldn't do this anymore, so I take this as "screw him, he can't tell me what to do".

I know you will play this off as "it isn't a big deal I changed Glenn to SNAKE", but PLEASE stop.

You want to annoy other people and change others words, be my guest, but this is now the 2nd time I have asked you to stop doing it to me (and all my post doing was agreeing with you!)

I'm sorry to bring this up here, and I apologize to Eddie, but this is typical Glenn with his "I'm going to do what I want, and no one is going to stop me".

And to this point, he is certainly correct about that. :(

ultimatefs

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Eddie, I hope you win the $mil. That would be awesome. If you do, can I be your agent?

I had the #2 pick and it was Westy or Barber, and I wish now I had #4 pick as my KDS #2 choice. Would have Royal also if I had done that.

Just sad to see Billy make such an effort in the last week only to get..... ahhh never mind... it will never stop.

Your efforts deserved a shout out Eddie! Back to lurking...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Eddiejag

Eddie Gillis Profile

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:45 pm

cOME ON GUYS LETS HEAR about some other top teams.
If your in the top 50 lets hear some teams that have a chance to rise, go getta , billy, renmen, snake, other's.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!