Week 14 Thoughts

Tom Kessenich

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I agree Billy but if you're an incredibly stupid owner who left Reggie Bush on his bench yesterday in favor of Mike Sims-Walker, you needed all the points you could get.

Good thing none of us here are that stupid. You are too hard on yourself. Playing Reggie Bush yesterday took alot of courage, after he pissed off his coach last week and he was getting only a handful of touches the last few weeks.
[/QUOTE]I thought the Payton thing was WAY overblown to be honest. What I liked about Bush was the matchup was terrific and no Mike Bell meant he potentially could have a good day. I didn't see two TDs coming but I definitely thought he could get one (he scored on Atlanta in the first game).

What I liked about Sims-Walker was the matchup was ridiculously easy on paper and the Jags badly needed to win the game. And once they declared him active and reports from Jacksonville said he was moving well in pregame warmups I thought his potential would be higher. I didn't think they would make him active unless he clearly was ready to play.

The rookie mistake I made was ignoring his back-to-back weeks of poor production in favorable matchups and the fact the guy had been listed as doubtful. I can't remember the last time I made a lineup decision this amazingly shortsighted. I ignored some of the most critical things I take into consideration when setting my lineup and it blew up in my face. And the thing is, I had Bush in my lineup up until 10 minutes before the start of the games. I was still leaning toward him despite Sims-Walker being active but I made the move at the last minute.

I've been kicking myself for it for the past 24 hours. I had a chance to take command of my top league if I had started Bush. Now I'm in a scramble and there's a lot of money at stake. I may not sleep well the rest of this week.

[ December 14, 2009, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:18 am

I agree it's not a talent issue with Sims-Walker but he's definitely not healthy. That's what irks me. He shouldn't have played yesterday and yes I'm trying to blame someone else other than myself for starting him.

I thought Ganther looked good. The Raiders aren't good against the run so the fact he didn't go off against him leads me to keep his ceiling around the RB3 level - especially since I'm not sure he'll have too many more 2-TD games. But I think he's a solid flex guy.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

GOD Loves You

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
If we're going to talk about cheap 1-yard TDs, how about the one the Titans got near the end of the game? Chris Johnson gets stopped at the 1 (ugh) and what do they do on third down with a 900-point lead? They throw the ball. TD from Collins to Crumpler.

No TD for Johnson.

And yes I realize Johnson was kinda good but when you're at the 1 in a game like that, it sure seems like another TD was going to happen. Jeff Fisher needs to watch "Friday Night Lights", as Chris Johnson is the modern day "Boobie Miles". ;)
[/QUOTE]Billy, in reality, Miles was hurt during a scrimmage....like most movies, they have to sensationalize some things. There's quite a few discrepancies in the movie.

For anyone who is a "reader" check out the Forrest Gump novel. Whew, talk about a MAJOR change in the adaptation. There's no encouragement from the mother, actually the opposite.....Forrest is the one who goes and "tramps around," not Jenny and many other things that are a 180 from the film. For anyone who really liked the movie, you should check out the book, it's a short and easy read.

BTW, Tom, were you hitting the bottle when you submitted your lineup with MSW over Bush? :D

I just couldn't put him in ANY of my lineups...I even played Maurice Stovall over him. :eek:
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Tom Kessenich

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:01 am

I wish I could say I was drunk. It's certainly something a drunken idiot would do. I'm seriously steamed at myself if people couldn't tell.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 am

I played Bush over Forte this week ... Maybe that says something more about Forte than Bush though.

I also almost Played S Smith Car over D Clark Ind too ... but Bubba talked me out of it. :D
Hakuna Matata!

Tom Kessenich

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:09 am

I needed Bubba to talk me out of the move I made. I needed someone to talk me out of the move I made.

At least Steve Smith scored. At least he did something so it wouldn't have a complete disaster if you started him over Clark. A total disaster would have been 1 stinking point.

One point.

Unbelievable.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Week 14 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:36 am

Haven't heard much about Bowe. The suspension is over and we need to see if the team re-activates him. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't. He certainly has a sweet matchup next Sunday if he's back.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich