Week 5: Fast Facts

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:35 am

Was Week 5 one of the wildest weeks of NFL action you've ever seen? I'd say so, capped off by that incredible Cowboys' win on Monday Night Football. What a classic.

The wild week jumbled our NFFC standings as well and knocked several unbeaten teams down a notch. Here's the fun facts after Week 5 of the NFFC season:

** For the first time this year, of the Top 36 teams in total points, every draft spot is represented. Here's a breakdown of the draft spots being represented in the Top 36:

Draft spots 1-5: 11 teams
Draft spots 6-9: 9 teams
Draft spots 10-14: 16 teams

No. 1 - 1 team
No. 2 - 3 teams
No. 3 - 1 team
No. 4 - 3 teams
No. 5 - 3 teams
No. 6 - 1 team
No. 7 - 1 team
No. 8 - 4 teams
No. 9 - 3 teams
No. 10 - 1 team
No. 11 - 3 teams
No. 12 - 5 teams
No. 13 - 4 teams
No. 14 - 3 teams

** Of the Top 12 teams overall, teams drafted from nine different spots. The draft spots represented include: 13, 5, 12, 1, 10, 2, 4, 9, 8.

** There are now just 20 undefeated teams left in the NFFC's main event. They range from the No. 1 team to the 168th team in total points. Interestingly, the unbeaten teams drafted from the following spots:

No. 1 - 3 teams
No. 2 - 1 team
No. 4 - 4 teams
No. 6 - 2 teams
No. 7 - 2 teams
No. 8 - 2 teams
No. 11 - 3 teams
No. 12 - 1 team
No. 13 - 2 teams

** The top three teams overall come from three different Chicago leagues, for what that's worth. Chicago League 4 has two teams in the Top 10.

Good luck all. The injuries and bye weeks are making things tough and interesting in the NFFC. Let's hope Week 6 isn't quite as wild.

[ October 09, 2007, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:17 am

We are ranked 72 and only 6th in our league, LV2, this league is ridiculous! We are also the 2nd ranked team drafting 10th at 72 overall. Man the deck was stacked against us, LOL! Way to live up to the preseason hype though LV2, you guys and gal rock! Still mad at Jules for starting Buff D! Why did your only byw week have to be Minn D? :mad:

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:47 am

You just knew it was going to be a crazy weekend when Stanford beats USC outright, as a 40+ point underdog, as well as Rice (+22) beating So Miss, Utah (+23) dominating Louisville, Notre Dame (+35) beating UCLA, Tennessee (+22) beating Georgia...etc. (All outright upsets!)

Unreal how much of a crazy weekend of football we had!

Side note...

Does Terrell Suggs have the largest skull in the NFL...or is that some funky helmet design?

...speaking of helmets...did anyone notice the triangular design of Tomlinsons face mask? Either he's getting poked in the mouth too much (highly unlikely due to full mouthpiece and shut mouth)...or he carries the extra metal around to pump himself up. It looks like Darth Vader!!! I don't recall him wearing it before this past weekend...so that could be a sign of good things to come for LT owners as well as SD fans!!! :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
...speaking of helmets...did anyone notice the triangular design of Tomlinsons face mask? Either he's getting poked in the mouth too much (highly unlikely due to full mouthpiece and shut mouth)...or he carries the extra metal around to pump himself up. It looks like Darth Vader!!! I don't recall him wearing it before this past weekend...so that could be a sign of good things to come for LT owners as well as SD fans!!! :D

~Lance Lance, didn't Tomlinson once wear the now-banned shaded eye shield? Maybe he thinks that covering his face makes him "tougher" -- that may explain the ornate face mask.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:59 am

You just knew it was going to be a crazy weekend when Stanford beats USC outright, as a 40+ point underdog, as well as Rice (+22) beating So Miss, Utah (+23) dominating Louisville, Notre Dame (+35) beating UCLA, Tennessee (+22) beating Georgia...etc. (All outright upsets!)

Unreal how much of a crazy weekend of football we had!

Side note...

Does Terrell Suggs have the largest skull in the NFL...or is that some funky helmet design?

~Lance Actually, LT has had that face mask on since Week 1. I don't know if he's wearing it for a certain reason but it's the meanest looking face mask I've ever seen.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:59 am

Combine the Darth Vader facemask with the Black tinted eye shield...pay the fine, and go crazy every week! Breath like Vader, too!!!

~Lance (If I played in the NFL...I'd put on Sioux war paint pre-game...pay the fine...who cares!)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:04 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
** There are now just 20 undefeated teams left in the NFFC's main event. They range from the No. 1 team to the 168th team in total points. There are also 23 teams still searching for their first win. They range from the 191st team to the 364th team.

Good luck and hope a few of you get "Off The Schneid" in Week 6!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 am

Combine the Darth Vader facemask with the Black tinted eye shield...pay the fine, and go crazy every week! Breath like Vader, too!!!

~Lance (If I played in the NFL...I'd put on Sioux war paint pre-game...pay the fine...who cares!) Darth Vader wouldn't look good in powder blue, would he?? :D That being said, I still think the coolest NFL uniforms are the Chargers' throwback powder blues which I'm glad they're now wearing at home. That being said, keep the old Bills' helmets and unis too. I liked that look a lot last night. Would you agree Lance, you ol' throwback fan!! :D

The NFL knows how to sell merchandise and having each team wear a throwback uniform for one game this year is genius marketing. But it has to be stuff like the Bills wore, not that crap the Eagles wore two weeks ago. The Packers have some god-awful old uniforms too that hopefully they won't wear soon. Just wear the Super Bowl greens from the 1960s and we'll be fine. Oh, and make the Rams wear the blue and white uniforms from Roman Gabriel's tenure in Los Angeles. Those were the days.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 am

WOW...168th and undefeated...nice schedule!

~Lance

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

~Lance (If I played in the NFL...I'd put on Sioux war paint pre-game...pay the fine...who cares!) Darth Vader wouldn't look good in powder blue, would he?? :D That being said, I still think the coolest NFL uniforms are the Chargers' throwback powder blues which I'm glad they're now wearing at home. That being said, keep the old Bills' helmets and unis too. I liked that look a lot last night. Would you agree Lance, you ol' throwback fan!! :D

The NFL knows how to sell merchandise and having each team wear a throwback uniform for one game this year is genius marketing. But it has to be stuff like the Bills wore, not that crap the Eagles wore two weeks ago. The Packers have some god-awful old uniforms too that hopefully they won't wear soon. Just wear the Super Bowl greens from the 1960s and we'll be fine. Oh, and make the Rams wear the blue and white uniforms from Roman Gabriel's tenure in Los Angeles. Those were the days.
[/QUOTE]Yes...a powder blue Tomlinson jersey encased in a glass frame on a gameroom wall would be one of the better looking jerseys out there. (A Pro-Bowl Tomlinson jersey would be nice too!)

I agree...PHI may have distracted their opponents with those ugly jerseys...therefore I'd wear them again until they lost...then burn them.

~Lance

~Long John Silver