Tired of FF

JerseyPaul

Tired of FF

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 am

I can tell you that ff burnout is a real but temporary malady.

Last year I was a net small plus over entry fees but had way too many teams. I wound up not knowing who to root for when I watched games. I promised to cut back this year. I exchanged emails on the subject with Greg and he gave me some great advice. This year I'm pumped and having fun again.

This year I have 5 teams. I did 1 WCOFF satellite as a warm up, the NBC Main and Auction, and the WCOFF Auction and Super Satellite.

In both Auctions I spent a lot of money on Brady and in the NBC Auction I paired him with Moss. Disaster, yet I'm still 2-1. This will be a great challenge to try to stay competitive with 45% of my bidding money wasted on the NE duo. The NBC Main is crazy with all teams being 2-1 or 1-2 after 3 weeks unless something strange happens tonight. That kind of league keeps the juices flowing.

So my advice to the burnouts...

1. Take time off after the season. Don't do fantasy hockey

2. Cut back to fewer teams.

3. Expect to become really involved in 1 or 2 of your teams and just do routine WW and roster setting on the others. That way you can enjoy watching your players without conflict. Looks like my 2 NBC teams will be my focus.

4. Go down fighting on your teams with injured/underperforming players. Of course you can outsmart yourself by playing a sneaky guy like Kevin Faulk and sitting a guy like Ronnie Brown with a bad matchup. LOL... I would have lost that game anyway (LT and Ocho Cinco on that team).

ultimatefs

Tired of FF

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:15 am

JP... I just signed up for Fantasy Hockey an hour ago. LOL.

DC leagues are a great option also....
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Tired of FF

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:23 am

Originally posted by weber:
i only have calvin in one league.. Roy in most others.. so yes i get pissed at watching Kitna.. thats my point, i should have went by my own gut and just drated Calvin every squad.. i picked him to be a top 8 wr this year, yet he's only on one of my teams.. lol. you didn't select who YOU liked (your gut)??? what did you base your selections on if i may ask?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Eddiejag

Tired of FF

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:44 am

When i saw the espn show with Roy Williams talking about Calvin Williams i knew right there that Williams was the new number 1.Roy just couldnt stop talking about the year Calvin would have.With no back promblems and a year under his belt Calvin was much higher on my board than Williams.I took Calvin as high as the 2nd pick in the 3rd round and have him in three of my ten leagues.I would only select Roy if he came to me late in the 4t round but never made it.So i guess i had Calvin about 15 to 20 pick's ahead of Roy.Im also suprised like Gekko that Webber had Calvin ranked higher but still took Roy.
Maybe im not reading it right.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

KOTRAX

Tired of FF

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:45 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
I can tell you that ff burnout is a real but temporary malady.

Last year I was a net small plus over entry fees but had way too many teams. I wound up not knowing who to root for when I watched games. I promised to cut back this year. I exchanged emails on the subject with Greg and he gave me some great advice. This year I'm pumped and having fun again.

This year I have 5 teams. I did 1 WCOFF satellite as a warm up, the NBC Main and Auction, and the WCOFF Auction and Super Satellite.

In both Auctions I spent a lot of money on Brady and in the NBC Auction I paired him with Moss. Disaster, yet I'm still 2-1. This will be a great challenge to try to stay competitive with 45% of my bidding money wasted on the NE duo. The NBC Main is crazy with all teams being 2-1 or 1-2 after 3 weeks unless something strange happens tonight. That kind of league keeps the juices flowing.

So my advice to the burnouts...

1. Take time off after the season. Don't do fantasy hockey

2. Cut back to fewer teams.

3. Expect to become really involved in 1 or 2 of your teams and just do routine WW and roster setting on the others. That way you can enjoy watching your players without conflict. Looks like my 2 NBC teams will be my focus.

4. Go down fighting on your teams with injured/underperforming players. Of course you can outsmart yourself by playing a sneaky guy like Kevin Faulk and sitting a guy like Ronnie Brown with a bad matchup. LOL... I would have lost that game anyway (LT and Ocho Cinco on that team). THIS IS THE DIFFICULT PART THAT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE. WHAT I MEAN IS THE CUTTING BACK ON TEAMS.

IN MY OPINION THE HIGH-STAKES FANTASY MARKET DON'T HAVE A "ABUNDANCE" OF PLAYERS.

THEREFORE THERE IS ALOT OF CROSSOVER WITH CUSTOMERS IN DIFFERENT LEAGUES LIKE MYSELF.

ALL OF THE YEARS OF PLAYING HIGH-STAKES THIS YEAR WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT THIS WAS THE ONE THAT WAS THE TOUGHEST TO GET SIGNUPS.

WITH THAT SAID ONE TENDS TO LEND A HAND TO MAKE OTHER GAME OPERATORS SUCCESSFUL BY PATRONAGE.

I'M PLAYING IN BOTH MAIN EVENTS, WCOFF, FFPC AND A FEW SATELLITES AS WELL.

WAS THAT THE PLAN?

NOT REALLY HOWEVER I DO SUPPORT HIGH-STAKES FANTASY FOOTBALL EVENTS AND WOULD LIKE FOR ALL OF THEM TO DO WELL.

I THINK ALL OF THE OPERATORS ARE GREAT PEOPLE AND WHEN YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THREE MAJOR OPERATORS AND WHO KNOWS IF MORE WILL START UP NEXT YEAR IT MAKES IT REALLY TOUGH ON THE CUSTOMER.

trueblue

Tired of FF

Post by trueblue » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:56 am

i agree with JohnZ, if you want to play multiple leagues, do a couple DC leagues. it definitely eases the strain of setting your lineup weekly, but you still have the fire of competition in multiple leagues.

Route Collectors

Tired of FF

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Pretty sound advice from Fi$her..John...JP and others. With NFL Network football is year around now and I haven't stopped in awhile. 2nd..3rd and 4th guessing myself...over anylizing etc..

It probably is a combination of a bunch of things. The Colts loss probably put me over the edge. I thought getting M.Bush for $89 was a good thing. Oops...I cut Rudi to make room. Who knew!

Mostly this isn't about bad fantasy beats for me as much as it is football overload as you guys pointed out.

I can say one thing that never gets old is having good MB buddies to shoot the breeze with. :cool:

BillyWaz

Tired of FF

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
I can say one thing that never gets old is having good MB buddies to shoot the breeze with. :cool: As I told you this evening, I respect your opinions/views as much as anyone.

Look at those lifetime standings again Jeff. You can't tell me that it is mostly luck that you are there. Being up there shows CONSISTENCY that few other players can match.

You're one of the best fantasy players in this contest, and when things just don't seem to be going your way keep that in mind! :D

kjduke

Tired of FF

Post by kjduke » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
Pretty sound advice from Fi$her..John...JP and others. With NFL Network football is year around now and I haven't stopped in awhile. 2nd..3rd and 4th guessing myself...over anylizing etc..

It probably is a combination of a bunch of things. The Colts loss probably put me over the edge. I thought getting M.Bush for $89 was a good thing. Oops...I cut Rudi to make room. Who knew!

Mostly this isn't about bad fantasy beats for me as much as it is football overload as you guys pointed out.

I can say one thing that never gets old is having good MB buddies to shoot the breeze with. :cool: Temporary burnout RC, you'll shake it off in no time. FF is too good to actually get "tired of" for guys like you that know what they're doing. ;)