Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
And lastly, I'm interested to see how Sam Bradford does tonight. Down his top two weapons offensively but at home, this is the kind of game great QBs find a way to win. Bradford has the talent to be great. Now let's see if he can step up on a big stage and show it.

Game is in new York Tom ;) I'm even more interested than.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:19 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
What Brady has had is the most innovative and brilliant head coach of his era. Moving to a two TE approach where it is the TEs that stretch the field, removes the linebackers and safeties from the middle of the playing field, and allows Welker and Woodhead to work underneath with less traffic is brilliant. Yeah, they've done an impressive job of replacing what Moss provided with what the two TEs provide. In both cases, the underneath receivers are able to operate without defenses clamping down on them. It's a great system the Patriots have and that's likely a key reason why Cassel did so well there too. Of course, having stud talents like Moss and Welker don't hurt either.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:22 am

Brady is great for sure. But Kevin and I were at Gillette yesterday and he just had all DAY to pass. His line is giving him a ton of time.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Brady is great for sure. But Kevin and I were at Gillette yesterday and he just had all DAY to pass. His line is giving him a ton of time. This goes back to my point about poor defensive play. I don't recall the last time there wasn't a single team that put together back-to-back good defensive performances. The level of defense being played is atrocious. The Super Bowl champs look awful on defense. The Ravens looked great in Week 1 but got smacked around by Matt Hasselbeck yesterday. The Jets got run over by the Cowboys.

Again, I'll ask - is there a single team playing good defense right now? I can't find any.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 am

Glenn, Welker is one of the best WRs in the game. I don't disagree Brady has helped him considerably but Welker was showing signs of what he could do in his final season with the Dolphins too. Plus, he caught 111 passes the year Brady was out. Maybe I'm nuts but I think a guy whose catching 100+ passes a year is pretty good.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:24 am

Originally posted by Stealth SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Glenn, Welker is one of the best WRs in the game. I don't disagree Brady has helped him considerably but Welker was showing signs of what he could do in his final season with the Dolphins too. Plus, he caught 111 passes the year Brady was out. Maybe I'm nuts but I think a guy whose catching 100+ passes a year is pretty good. Alrighty here, it's time to call in the calvary (ie the bevy of football pundits here) that REALLY know WHO the "better" QB has been throughout their respective careers thus far...so, c'mon man, don't be bashful here fellow fanatical FF freaks - chime in!... [/QUOTE]I believe Brady is just as good as Manning or Manning is just as good as Brady depending on how you want to look at it.

The 2 key differences though IMO is..........

1. Manning has had more talent to work with throughout his career.

(In 2007 Brady showed what he could do if he had talent at his disposal.) If health allows it he is going to rewrite the record books with even more weapons this year. Honestly, I think 6000 yards and 40+ TD is within reach if Belichick (allows it).

2. Brady has had one of the greatest coaches in the game, if not the best throughout his career. Manning has not.

Being a diehard Pats fan I'm a little biased, but based on these 2 points above I call it even.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 am

The scuffling Packers' defense got a major blow today when All-Pro safety Nick Collins was lost for the season with a neck injury. Green Bay's secondary has been a sieve so far this season and this isn't going to help.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 am

As a long suffering Dolphins fan that, alas due to injuries affecting Indy and the Chiefs, now may not even be able to win the Luck sweepstakes and finally get a QB of the future allow me to state that Welker was a stud in the making when with the Fins.

I bemoaned the fact they let him get away and do a Division rival besides. He showed incredible talent with nothing worth a damn to mention tossing the ball his way.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.