Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
As a long suffering Dolphins fan that, alas due to injuries affecting Indy and the Chiefs, now may not even be able to win the Luck sweepstakes and finally get a QB of the future allow me to state that Welker was a stud in the making when with the Fins.

I bemoaned the fact they let him get away and do a Division rival besides. He showed incredible talent with nothing worth a damn to mention tossing the ball his way. Yup. You could see the signs of what he would eventually become. All he needed was a QB to make it all happen. He obviously has that with Brady. Welker's damn good.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 am

Ummmm, I'm not really sure who's the better QB, after all they're both all-time greats. There is one aspect however where Brady does win hands down........

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:15 am

Yeah, Brady wins hands down with the Mrs. but Peyton slam dunks him when it comes to commercials and SNL skits. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3pPAuE ... re=related
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

drago

Post by drago » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:51 am

I have always had Montana & Elway as my top two for many years. Brady may edge Elway this year and, with another SB win I might put him ahead of Montana. I don't necessarily look at stats at all because the eras they played in are completely different. The protection for offensive players and QBs in particular is ridiculous now and seriously affecting my enjoyment of watching the games.
I doubt too many current QBs would perform anywhere close to the same if they had to face the pusnishment the older QBs had to. Manning is a top10 great but Brady is clearly better in my eyes. Manning just didn't do it enough in the playoffs even in a league with the deck stacked ridiculously in favor of offenses.

dflash1313

Post by dflash1313 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Great as always Tom, I agree that Brady guy is pretty good.

Also,

1) How about the Lions, they get no love but they are 2-0 and have the highest net points in the league (52).

2) Is Rex Grossman going to be right? For now he seems to be right on track with his Redskins winning the East.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

If it's all about winning then the Colts had the best winning percentage over the past 10 years so it has to be Manning, correct????

The Pats have had a great team as well as the Colts. I agree completely with The Franchise as Brady has had possibly the best coach ever has entire stay in NE. If this was an individual sport then Super Bowls would be THE point of differentiation but since it's a team sport then that argument just doesn't get it with me.

Name one single WR or TE who has left the Colts or the Pats and had nice success elsewhere? You can talk about how great Mannings WR's are but how do we know that Manning didn't make them great. (and the same goes for Brady. Didn't Brandon Stokley or Deion Branch duplicate their success elsewhere?

The one thing that is certain here. The Pats are a much better team without Brady than the Colts are without Manning. That is undeniable.

Wayne

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
If it's all about winning then the Colts had the best winning percentage over the past 10 years so it has to be Manning, correct????

The Pats have had a great team as well as the Colts. I agree completely with The Franchise as Brady has had possibly the best coach ever has entire stay in NE. If this was an individual sport then Super Bowls would be THE point of differentiation but since it's a team sport then that argument just doesn't get it with me.

Name one single WR or TE who has left the Colts or the Pats and had nice success elsewhere? You can talk about how great Mannings WR's are but how do we know that Manning didn't make them great. (and the same goes for Brady. Didn't Brandon Stokley or Deion Branch duplicate their success elsewhere?

The one thing that is certain here. The Pats are a much better team without Brady than the Colts are without Manning. That is undeniable.

Wayne The Pats are a better team WITH Brady than the Colts are WITH manning though IMO, so I think that changes that analogy . Manning is a notch below Brady IMO, and they're BOTH a notch below Joe Montana

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Enough of this Manning/Brady nonsense. As long as we're talking great QB's, noone was ever better than Broadway......

......or cooler!!!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Hernandez reportedly out 4-6 weeks now... %*@#%